Home

Uploaded vids on 2K Sports

This is a discussion on Uploaded vids on 2K Sports within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #41
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Uploaded vids on 2K Sports

Thanks for replying bro, So what i'm hearing is that Stars on their respective teams will dominate just like in real life? No more Mario Chalmers hogging the ball instead of D-Wade? No more Delonte West throwing up more shots than Lebron?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 8

I've noticed people started complaining about lead passes only after the full game featuring the Spurs came out.

This is really the only video where AI "lead passing" is present and if you've watched many Spurs games you'll notice this is exactly how they run a lot of their sets. The ball goes into the high post to Duncan (sometimes McDyess in the video) and their guards, especially Parker, use screens and quickness to cut into the paint for an easy layup off the entry pass.

The only problem with that video was the lack of penetration with the ball by Parker. I've yet to see any lead passing in other videos.

Thanks for the clips Rebel! There's far more highlight plays in here than in Pared's thread so we're getting a nice contrast of gameplay here.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #43
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Rebel, thanks for posting your vids man. It's appreciated. Got a question for you-Do you know if it's possible to force a ballhandler to pick up their dribble if u apply good pressure? This is something that happend on occasion in 2k7 or 2k8 but not in 2k9..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Thanks for replying bro, So what i'm hearing is that Stars on their respective teams will dominate just like in real life? No more Mario Chalmers hogging the ball instead of D-Wade? No more Delonte West throwing up more shots than Lebron?
Affirmative! That was something I was concerned about also but yeah...the stars definitely make it do what it do!

JWill, I feel u...I'm not seeing an unbalanced # of lead passes and the one's I'm seeing are pretty much appropriate...

Ninja, I haven't made anyone pick up their dribble yet. Or @ least I haven't noticed but I have made a couple players fumble the ball due 2 pressure and them over dribbling. A couple times I even dove on the floor or hustled 2 recovered it. I can imagine this happening in a tight game and calling a time-out if u can recover it. The perimeter defense is still something I'm still not 100% used 2 tho. U really just gotta move ur guy @ the right time anticipating moves and balancing it that with the L trigger (that's like using turbo in that it drains energy - not as quickly as flat out running with it tho)...
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 19

thanks for the reply, Rebel. I am wondering if the pick n' roll D is as bad as it seems to be in the pastapadre vids?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #46
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I didn't want to open a new thread (mods are tougher these days), so I'll use your thread. I found a video by Momentous, showing Yao's limited vertical while dunking, which looks great to me! Also, notice how he losses the ball while trying to perform a hesitation move or something like that...nice!

<object width="560" height="340">

>

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 09-28-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
thanks for the reply, Rebel. I am wondering if the pick n' roll D is as bad as it seems to be in the pastapadre vids?
I did notice that the pick n roll D was kinda weak especially on Pro. Even on All-Star I feel they can be defended a little better. I'm not sure if there's a bigger difference on HOF. Haven't tried it yet. Either way, maybe it's something that can be tweaked...

Nice vid of Yao...I used 2 hate how high he got off the ground and past games, Glad they got it right this time around. I haven't even used the Rockets yet...
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #48
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Well, Yao used to get up really high while laying it in using the backboard (almost to the top end of the backboard). It's not shown here so it's hard to know how it's going to be this year.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »