Home

Opinions..and acting like adults.

This is a discussion on Opinions..and acting like adults. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Opinions..and acting like adults.

hey CFAV u are bold for posting this thread because you definitely hit home for some of these people (they no who they r). I totally agree with you btw. It would be pretty tragic if these forums ended up like 2k's. I love coming here to get the lastest information (even tho 2k website gets it first) because people are more friendly. It does seem to be getting a bit out of hand when these guys start talking about someones mother. I mean hell, its a forum. Why would you... or let me put it this way... How could you sit behind a computer and talk dumbtrash... it makes you look a bit stupid imo.

Anyway enough about the hard talk. I can't wait till 2K10 comes out with the patch. It seems like they kinda got everything pretty nailed down from the updated info Ron is sending the team. Can't wait to see how much of it will be covered and what will be left out. It's a shame they probably won't put all of it on there. Well the good thing about it though, we well actually have a functional game soon guys. It won't be a waste of 60 bucks WoOT!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #18
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka2122
hey CFAV u are bold for posting this thread because you definitely hit home for some of these people (they no who they r). I totally agree with you btw. It would be pretty tragic if these forums ended up like 2k's. I love coming here to get the lastest information (even tho 2k website gets it first) because people are more friendly. It does seem to be getting a bit out of hand when these guys start talking about someones mother. I mean hell, its a forum. Why would you... or let me put it this way... How could you sit behind a computer and talk dumbtrash... it makes you look a bit stupid imo.

Anyway enough about the hard talk. I can't wait till 2K10 comes out with the patch. It seems like they kinda got everything pretty nailed down from the updated info Ron is sending the team. Can't wait to see how much of it will be covered and what will be left out. It's a shame they probably won't put all of it on there. Well the good thing about it though, we well actually have a functional game soon guys. It won't be a waste of 60 bucks WoOT!
Thank you for the thoughts everybody. Good stuff. As far as talking about someone's mother, I meant that in a sense that people sometimes become aggressive on here towards others LIKE someone had spoken disrespectfully of their mother. haha, but not literally. At least I haven't noticed that anyway.

As far as 2K10 goes, I'm still playing the combine, but I have one last game to play before I crack 2K10 open. I am getting frustrated with the grading system (I got an offensive rebound w/ my 5'10" PG and then got a negative grade for being in a bad position lol). But other than that and some sticky movement(so to speak) I'm enjoying the combine and am excited to try out 2K10.

Now back on topic..sorry

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 10-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
Good post and point Double C.
No doubt Glue!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree with this thread completely it gets annoying when you come here to look for information and have to wade through pages of bickering and disrespect.

One thing I noticed in that thread you mentioned (hidden slider) is that the guys doing a lot of the disrespect have been here for half the time as others and have posted twice as much. That guy that started that thread had been here since around 2001 i think and had around 300+ posts the guys treating him like a newb/******* where members since 2008 with 600+ posts. To me thats jus funny that they would be acting like he just learned about this place, he's a real vet.

And no disrespect to the younger/newer members I'm not that old and havent been on here as long as others.

Number 1 rule: RESPECT
Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I think there is a 100% lack of honesty on the boards and everything is fueled by personal views.

Also people greatly exaggerate issues constantly. If you read the boards and took everything seriously you'd think there were about 200 game killers within each game.

1. They're video games
2. They are never going to be like real life. They can't mo-cap every single movement ever created.

Sadly, people refuse to accept those points.
Lately the biases and agendas have been very out in the open and has hurt some otherwise great dialogue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 05:33 AM   #22
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

Great post OP, totally agree with every word.

I guess it's almost inevitable as the size of the site grows it'll start to attract more posters (both mature and immature) but the mods do a great job (imo) of weeding out a fair bit of the nonsense. As long as they keep on top of it hopefully it'll never deteriorate to the levels seen on some of those other boards mentioned previously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »