Home

Opinions..and acting like adults.

This is a discussion on Opinions..and acting like adults. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15
Opinions..and acting like adults.

Dear OS'ers,

I really enjoy this site, it is almost a daily visit for me. It's the first place I go for advice and discussions on both sports and non sports gaming. But, on a few of the forums lately, and in particular on the 2K forums, I have read way too many responses to a thread that were not only childish and rude, but borderline disrespectful. I would like too assume that the majority of us here are adults, so I expect when I come on this board I will be reading adult posts, and the responses too them.

The majority of you are very helpful and have great ideas and responses. But some of you react to posts that you do not agree w/ like someone was talking crap about your mothers. I mean, really? Is it that serious?

Are people allowed to have an opinion on here w/o being disrespected in the responses or treated like a child? Are they allowed to discover a feature or so called missing menu option(or WHATEVER), even though it may have already be mentioned w/o being ridiculed for it(one example I saw)? Come on Os'ers. Stop hating on each other so much. There's enough of that going on in the world, that we don't need to come to a great SPORTS GAMING WEBSITE to be ridiculed for having an opinion or trying to help out.

I don't know about you folks, but sports gaming is an opportunity for me personally too escape the craziness and hate that is starting to really become the world we live in(yes, that's my opinion..haha) and this is the last place I need or want too see more of it going on. I love this place so to speak, so seriously, can't we all just get along? I mean, we DO all have something in common here....RIGHT?

Sorry for the vent, but I had too say something. Reason being is my 11 yr old was reading some of the posts along w/ me, and she asked me why people are so mean to each other on here. And it's not every post, and I have no stats to back it up, just seems to be a trend (IMHO of course).

Thanks for reading...and PLEASE be respectful on here of your fellow OS'ers. Only constructive criticism, help, advice and civil discussion belongs here..oh yeah, and rosters/sliders too!

Be good Bros!

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Opinions..and acting like adults.

go to the 2k forums

see how much worse it is LOL

Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

I know Sublime, that's why I came here three or so years ago. I'm not knocking anyone, I just don't like where things seem to be headed. And hey, just b/c it's ridiculous over there, doesn't mean it should be ok for it too be that way over here. That's just my opinion though.

Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)

Old 10-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

i seriously laugh at the people over there who actually think there's a dev wasting their time reading some of that illegible reactionary gibberish.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
Dear OS'ers,

I really enjoy this site, it is almost a daily visit for me. It's the first place I go for advice and discussions on both sports and non sports gaming. But, on a few of the forums lately, and in particular on the 2K forums, I have read way too many responses to a thread that were not only childish and rude, but borderline disrespectful. I would like too assume that the majority of us here are adults, so I expect when I come on this board I will be reading adult posts, and the responses too them.

The majority of you are very helpful and have great ideas and responses. But some of you react to posts that you do not agree w/ like someone was talking crap about your mothers. I mean, really? Is it that serious?

Are people allowed to have an opinion on here w/o being disrespected in the responses or treated like a child? Are they allowed to discover a feature or so called missing menu option(or WHATEVER), even though it may have already be mentioned w/o being ridiculed for it(one example I saw)? Come on Os'ers. Stop hating on each other so much. There's enough of that going on in the world, that we don't need to come to a great SPORTS GAMING WEBSITE to be ridiculed for having an opinion or trying to help out.

I don't know about you folks, but sports gaming is an opportunity for me personally too escape the craziness and hate that is starting to really become the world we live in(yes, that's my opinion..haha) and this is the last place I need or want too see more of it going on. I love this place so to speak, so seriously, can't we all just get along? I mean, we DO all have something in common here....RIGHT?

Sorry for the vent, but I had too say something. Reason being is my 11 yr old was reading some of the posts along w/ me, and she asked me why people are so mean to each other on here. And it's not every post, and I have no stats to back it up, just seems to be a trend (IMHO of course).

Thanks for reading...and PLEASE be respectful on here of your fellow OS'ers. Only constructive criticism, help, advice and civil discussion belongs here..oh yeah, and rosters/sliders too!

Be good Bros!
Great post, I agree 100%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
i seriously laugh at the people over there who actually think there's a dev wasting their time reading some of that illegible reactionary gibberish.
lol..very true my friend. We are all human, and with that being said, your more likely too get a response and even some real action taken when a dev comes on here and reads CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and also does not have to pick through a bunch of ridiculous and disrespectful posts(and I dont mean ones that are directed towards them).

And thanks Tapout!

Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)

Old 10-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 23

its funny how hard people think they are behind a keyboard but would never talk like that in person to most people. everybody has an opinion but when it does nothing but try and make themselves look cool or cooler than anothers opinion they should really just save it or keep it to themselves. for the most part i think its just young immature kids that have low self esteem in real life and need to try and feel bigger by trying to disrespect others over the internet. overall i think os has very respectful, mature posters who try and contribute to the community, unlike the 2ksports forums, where they think post count is a symbol of status and will respond to any and all posts just to try and fit in with the majority of other posters there.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

I agree w/ you Portland. Most of the folks here are great. There just seems to be more and more disrespectful (blatant and subtle) posts around here recently. It's probably just a few kids or immature adults, but either way I just don't want to see it get to be more common place.

With all that being said, you know if you are being rude and/or disrespectful and if you are, then my post is for YOU. If you are one of the many mature, respectful posters here, then please by all means ignore my post...or comment on it. Whatever will make you guys happy .

Lord knows you guys have made my day MANY times on here w/ the rosters/sliders, tips/advice, and great discussions on something I love, which is sports gaming.

Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »