Home

Interior post defense is just Terrible

This is a discussion on Interior post defense is just Terrible within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
they tried this in 2k8 pre patch. People hated it. Everyone just complained about missed layups.
Exactly....
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Interior post defense is just Terrible

Just make the contact like 2K11, but with prettier contact animations. Some contact animations in 2K11 were a little over exaggerated but atleast you made contact and physics were respected. It was very hard to score in the paint in 2K11, and thats how it needs to be in 2K13 unless you have dominant big men like Brook Lopez, Dwight Howard, who will dominate in that area. I shouldn't see RUSSELL WESTBROOK leaping into the paint for a dunk with Humphries and Reggie Evans in position. Reggie Evans with his back turned to the side not expecting it, yeah I can see it - but not with me WAITING THERE and expecting him to drive the lane.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

I complain to myself all the time how easy it is to score low on the block, but when I miss easy hooks, and layups with the defender giving me no pressure at all, I lose my mind.

It's like which of the lesser of two evils do you want to deal with? There needs to be some sort of a patch to eliminate how easy it is to pass to cutters in the paint. Dump the ball down low and wait for guys to get to the basket, dish it off for an easy deuce every time.

That's my only complaint gameplay wise this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

This very true. Some post moves are just complete cheese this year and this is sad not beeig able to use them online just to keep the game fair.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

another cry baby stuff needs to be patched post.. just adjust to the game or don't buy it. It's pretty much been the same since the start. Im just saying all of these crybaby threads are getting real old.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Stop the crying.

Post defense is just fine. I could lock up guys in the post with no problems. I also had people shut me down in the post. In the league I'm in I'm usually dominating with Brook Lopez I went up against my defensive minded homie who had OKC locked me up with Perkins. He made Brook Lopez shoot 1-9.

People are so quick to call the game broken, or to hard etc. How about you ask for tips?

First of all let off the LT. Only use LT the first 2 seconds after you body up the post player, then let it go, use RS to try and muscle him away from the hoop. Soon as he goes for his shot, move the RS AWAY from his body. That will make your defender lunge up in the air and body him up without a foul usually.

For Running hooks, as soon as he goes to make his move to start running, run to the spot he's going. Don't run with him, run to where he is going to shoot his jumphook and press y, beat him to the spot.

Hands up defense in the post is usually good for faceup players. Instead of committing to a full contest just use hands up because you can move with ya hands up if the faceup player hits you with a pump fake and tries to blow by you. Also hands up is decent after they get a offensive rebound.

Also on faceup drives, try beating him to the spot you think he's going. Go for a charge or use the lunge animation by moving the RS away from the defender like I told you earlier.

The main thing is about people on defense they try to take away everything. You can't guard everything on defense, you can't guard the 3, the paint, the jumper all at the same time it's ****ing impossible. You gotta give something up. Sag off them a bit if they beat you with jumpers they beat you with jumpers. Against post player when they faceup, back off them a bit give em space for the jumper. If he tries driving beat him to the spot where he's going.

It's not easy defending the post in real life, if you have a good post player he should eat you alive. It takes a good defender to make a good offensive player work. Stopping the post isn't going to become second nature over night, but it won't take long either. Just please stop crying.

I do agree there is a bit more contact needed in the paint tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn

Last edited by AllStarDaDon; 10-25-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

I completely agree with the lack of paint presence defenders have.

I stated this in 2K's forum as a patch request; no contact animations

Defenders in good or great position
1. gets slide backward or out the way.
2. hands are up but shooter goes through defenders body
3. reacts to the pump fakes badly (teammates jumping for no reason) allowing his man to get a pass and an easy layup or shot.
4. ball goes through defender's hands (instead of a blocked)
5. passes goes through defender's body

Defenders are sometimes punished (fouls) for standing with their hands up or when they jump straight up, no charge.

PG's and SG's will drive and go up for a layup and knock much bigger defenders backwards in the air. Or the PG or SG is guarding a big in the paint and the big can't score because height doesn't factor.

Last edited by keshunleon; 10-25-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalkofanation
another cry baby stuff needs to be patched post.. just adjust to the game or don't buy it. It's pretty much been the same since the start. Im just saying all of these crybaby threads are getting real old.
I like this dude!!! Now if we get a patch everyone will say it was better without one gotta love these boards lol....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »