Home

Anybody Thinks 2k Purposely Leaves In Exploits To Avoid Complaints By Youngins

This is a discussion on Anybody Thinks 2k Purposely Leaves In Exploits To Avoid Complaints By Youngins within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Anybody Thinks 2k Purposely Leaves In Exploits To Avoid Complaints By Youngins

Sorry for the rant, but it is absolutley rediculous that cheezers can score every single point off of a lead pass to the paint, no matter who the pass is going to. I have noticed that the cheezers that are not great at cheezing can not score if you stop their non skilled cheezing, however the good cheezers are darn near impossible to beat, and they will score 100% of their points off of a lead pass. In 2k10 this is the ONLY exploit in the whole game, and we have been speaking on this for years.

Remember last year when anybody with a high dunk rating could dunk over anybody before they patched 2k9, after the patch for 2k9 the lead pass once again became effective, but you could no longer simply dunk over everybody, before the patch the lead pass was not exploitable. What is wrong with these guys, there is no fun in online play if every single game you play will be against a lead passer, it is rediculous, I have yet to play a ranked match where the opponent does not use lead passing for the 1st posession, every single player does it and I cant stand it.I find it absolutley amazing that in 2k10 they installed a system that lets you body up a player on the perimeter but not in the paint, the body up animation is great for ball denial, so why the hell would they not allow the animation to take place in the paint, I think I know why, so they can avoid complaints from online players that dont actually know how to play the game, im 100% sure that the developers know that the lead pass is unstoppable, and they wont do anything about it, smh.

The CPU does not react at all to passes to the paint, can anybody explain this to me, sorry Jeebs, but I cant believe that lead passing does not work against you, cause I consider myself one of the best defenders in this game and I get killed by it, please speak on it.

Last edited by Chi Town Boss; 01-31-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anybody Thinks 2k Purposely Leaves In Exploits To Avoid Complaints By Youngins

Wow, I cant understand how this thread goes unreplied to, isint this an important issue, does anyone care, or am I the only one.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Anybody Thinks 2k Purposely Leaves In Exploits To Avoid Complaints By Youngins

Don't expect such quick replies on this forum.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

yup thats exactly why they keep it in man. if they made a perfect game whys the point in makeing a sequal?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I think its a problem 2k hasn't found a remedy too yet, or like you said they just dont want to find a remedy to.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Well, I like to play sim. Last game I played, out of the 100 points I scored, only 80 came from the paint.*

*Obvious attempt at humor.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

i doubt they purposefully leave in "exploits". they have to sacrifice certain gameplay mechanics to make the game better overall. so in that sense, yes, they do purposefully leave in certain exploits, but its because without them other parts of the game would probably be broken.

besides, they get just as many complaints from us old people about the cheesers, and that has to be just as annoying for them. i cant imagine they would PREFER to hear either side of the complainers, they probably just try to make the game as good as they can make it. its just not possible to make a perfect game at this point, sorry.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Online is ruined for me. This is one aspect that the other game excels in. I was comfortable playing with any team in that game. But the lead passes in 2K make me resort to playing with top tier teams (mainly because I only face the Lebrons or Lakers). Young/terrible cheesers are not a problem. But like the OP said if their skilled at their "craft" then it's damn near impossible.

I try to play sim ball but it doesn't work with 2K online. I always start the game thinking my opponent is a sim player. Repetitive mistake on my behalf. And I'd admit it, either I will quit (75% completion rating) or I will PnR or Iso the whole time (cheese). I can't help it. I get frustrated and I hate losing. Playing sim I lose by 20. Playing like cheezers play, I keep it close or win. And all of this is caused by one thing.... lead passing! I seriously want 2K to become a true sim online or at least put in a sim lobby.

Note: I've played two sim ballers. I lost in the 6th OT in one of 'em(76-75 final, lol) and I hit a game winning jumper with Kobe in the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »