Home

40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

This is a discussion on 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
What? The contact in the paint is ridiculous at times, ok not get rid of it completely, but there should be some rationale, my Center should not be effected by a little PG bumping him and causing him to have a seizure out there.
I have experienced what you are talking about. Even if you're standing still with your center, pulling the shot stick away from the basket, you'll get that funky shot that misses. It's like you're being sucked into the defense.

These animations happen around the top of the key way to often even when trying to avoid contact, so I agree that a center should still be able to perform his move whether it be a fadeaway or a hook shot. Just make the shot success lower if a defender is in front of the offensive man. As it is now, you'll have way more success posting up with or without a dribble. Those funky animations don't happen if you're doing your moves from the post.

On the flip side, if you go baseline, you get very little contact going to the paint, even if there's a man right in front of you.

Last edited by TheKasmar; 03-26-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: f
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Ok after getting my morning coffee and some thinking. I can see what rangerick is complaining about. But let me just say this. I think when shooting close to the basket (dunks, layups etc. etc). Lets put aside real life for just a few of my thoughts. When shooting jumpshots you press a button and then time the release. But when driving the user just presses the a button and animation/ratings/height take over. There has to be some sort of risk. If someone drives to the rim. And someone is standing there or defending...something should happen. we always complain about giving players "weight" and all this other stuff. But "contact animations a bad thing".....You must of been those kids on 2k9 trying to paint the sixth capel.

But I will say this....The animations need some tweaking. This was their first year with contact animations. Its not going to be prefect.
Dude, basketball is not a collision sport. This isn't football. Players shouldn't collide in the air.

Players tend to try their best to AVOID contact while they're in the air. We're not playing on grass fields with pads and helmets. Crashing into other players in mid-air is dangerous and very few people actually do it.

You don't have to have contact to contest layups. If people watched games and looked closely, they'd realize that.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Dude, basketball is not a collision sport. This isn't football. Players shouldn't collide in the air.

Players tend to try their best to AVOID contact while they're in the air. We're not playing on grass fields with pads and helmets. Crashing into other players in mid-air is dangerous and very few people actually do it.

You don't have to have contact to contest layups. If people watched games and looked closely, they'd realize that.
Where I can agree that basketball is not a collision sport, I would have to disagree that certain aspects of the game isn't collision related. While in the paint, you mentioned that "players tend to try the best to AVOID" contact in the paint. Honestly man you have to do you research of a basketball game. Having been shooting guard playing organized basektball, I would drive the lane with that purpose... to draw a foul... especially in game winning situations. To that statement is out of the question. Although there is some validity to your statement as it stands that it might not be the primary issue of the sport of basketball.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka2122
Where I can agree that basketball is not a collision sport, I would have to disagree that certain aspects of the game isn't collision related. While in the paint, you mentioned that "players tend to try the best to AVOID" contact in the paint. Honestly man you have to do you research of a basketball game. Having been shooting guard playing organized basektball, I would drive the lane with that purpose... to draw a foul... especially in game winning situations. To that statement is out of the question. Although there is some validity to your statement as it stands that it might not be the primary issue of the sport of basketball.
Dude, no disrespect... but you're not in the NBA. This isn't Lindberg High School 2K10.

Even on the rare occasion that the offensive player seeks out contact, the defender usually jumps with him, but doesn't go CRASHING into him. He'll usually jump straight up or sometimes even backwards, away from the shooter.

I'm not the one that needs to do NBA game research. 2K is.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5
The first and i mean the absolute first thing that needs to be fixed is the player movement i think that would help ease alot of the other problems immediately!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #46
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka2122
Well then the thing that needs to be fixed is the amt of times that fouls are called on those collision plays. If my center is going up for a layup to the basket and suddenly gets knocked out of whack like the animations we all are speaking of, a foul should be called 9 times out of 10. Slider adjustments help, but its still not perfect.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I'm not the one that needs to do NBA game research. 2K is.
C'mon man...don't take it too far
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 11

I would love to see more variety of offensive fouls. Stuff like pushing off with the off arm, etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »