Home

NBA 2K11 Gameplay Video: Denver Nuggets vs. Orlando Magic

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Gameplay Video: Denver Nuggets vs. Orlando Magic within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #505
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA 2K11 Gameplay Video: Denver Nuggets vs. Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Here's a cool break down of this video....

this is sad. Some guy wasted all of that time analyzing a video of an old version of the game. Its not even retail.

Im actually shocked at the level of scrutiny this game gets. Im relatively new to nba 2k or basketball gaming in general but im still shocked by the level people go to to criticize this game. Its an odd little community here where they put everything under the microscope. Am i the only one that thinks this is crazy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #506
Banned

OVR: 13

This is probably a ratings gripe, but for how long is VC going to be a fast, explosive, dunker. He still has some game left in him, but for the most part he's a jumpshooter. He's not a dunker anymore. He's not explosive like that any more. He's not that fast any ore at all. He has a good jumper and good offense post game, but it's not 2000 any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
this is sad. Some guy wasted all of that time analyzing a video of an old version of the game. Its not even retail.

Im actually shocked at the level of scrutiny this game gets. Im relatively new to nba 2k or basketball gaming in general but im still shocked by the level people go to to criticize this game. Its an odd little community here where they put everything under the microscope. Am i the only one that thinks this is crazy?
It's not crazy at all to me. Maybe it's because I'm a 2k vet and I can immediately pick up exactly what he's saying and relate to it.

Who cares if it was an old build? When vids of newer builds are released, when the demo is dropped when the final game is released those can be analyzed as well. We will be able to see what changes were actually made.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:17 PM   #507
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Most likely you're one of the few. Especially in relation to that video. I mean the play where Pietris(I think) doubles down on Nene for no reason leaving Melo wide open, that's no small, over analyzing complaint. That's gamebreakingly bad D, old build considered.

Besides, I think a demanding, microscope hoarding fan community keeps the devs from getting complacent. I mean, it's all about true to life realism ain't it? If 2K was going for authenticity then they're going for authenticity and the fiends (my personal word for especially fanatic fans) will demand authenticity.

Besides, it ain't like the devs don't enable them. Fans complained about the Lebron headband thing from hell to high noon, and what happened? Is that headband logo exactly 3 inches to the left of where it should be anymore?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #508
Rookie

JVal3208's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
It was definitely a big waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Most likely you're one of the few. Especially in relation to that video. I mean the play where Pietris(I think) doubles down on Nene for no reason leaving Melo wide open, that's no small, over analyzing complaint. That's gamebreakingly bad D, old build considered.
It's a VIDEO GAME. Nothing is going to be perfect. It happened one time.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #509
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Could someone tell me where is the fake passes in this video?
Old 08-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #510
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
While I tend to agree w/you, there needs to be balance. Too often the community comes off as expecting too much or being too demanding. Imo it's over the top to say the Pietris play is "gamebreakingly bad" - especially when only a small portion of video is being analyzed and within the same video there were more instances of defenders behaving as they should than when they weren't. On some level we shouldn't expect every play up and down the court to play out perfectly, just as they often don't in real life. To that end I think the developers have done a tremendous job with adding variability to the way the game looks like it plays.

But I also agree it seems like it's the community's attention to detail that will get them to make certain changes, such as the Lebron headband issue you cited. Imo there needs to be balance relative to the effort the developers are making. It's early, but imo 2K11 is looking like a game that should be considered for all-time greatest sports game status, given the level of detail and the overwhelming amount of content the game is offering. I think it's pretty remarkable the game is standing up to this level of scrutiny

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #511
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
While I tend to agree w/you, there needs to be balance. Too often the community comes off as expecting too much or being too demanding. Imo it's over the top to say the Pietris play is "gamebreakingly bad" - especially when only a small portion of video is being analyzed and within the same video there were more instances of defenders behaving as they should than when they weren't. On some level we shouldn't expect every play up and down the court to play out perfectly, just as they often don't in real life. To that end I think the developers have done a tremendous job with adding variability to the way the game looks like it plays.

But I also agree it seems like it's the community's attention to detail that will get them to make certain changes, such as the Lebron headband issue you cited. Imo there needs to be balance relative to the effort the developers are making. It's early, but imo 2K11 is looking like a game that should be considered for all-time greatest sports game status, given the level of detail and the overwhelming amount of content the game is offering. I think it's pretty remarkable the game is standing up to this level of scrutiny
QFT!!!!

Man I couldn't say it any better. The best word in there is variability. You can't have the same situation play out the same way all the time. The game gets boring and has no surprise factor. Basketball in general doesn't work like that. In one situation they could be at least 5 out comes. Some people don't see that. Its one of the reason "the other game" failed in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #512
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
What esle should we be doing here? If we don't go into the details, every post would look like, "This game is great!" "This game sucks!" "The video looked good!" The video sucked!"

Though the development team has many of their own ideas, like Spank said, this is how they know what gamers want/expect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »