Home

NBA 2K11 Gameplay Video: Denver Nuggets vs. Orlando Magic

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Gameplay Video: Denver Nuggets vs. Orlando Magic within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 PM   #513
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K11 Gameplay Video: Denver Nuggets vs. Orlando Magic

Oi. I when I said gamebreakingly bad, I don't mean "I won't buy this now!" or "The game is ruined!" anything that serious. I was being quite literal. I meant THAT ONE BLOWN PLAY can break A game, as in if that happens on a final possession and I lose ONE game because of it, I'd say it's a game breaker, or at least level breaker if you want to in some perspective. But even so, that's infuriating and, to me, unacceptable. If I'm gonna lose, I want it to be because I screwed up, didn't play well enough. Not because I can't trust the AI to guard the other 4 players. (My Player experience is litered with games being lost because of my teammate PG not covering his man and covering mine in transition, even though I'm just in a slight trail position mind you, and leaving the friggin' PG wide open for a 3. I shouldn't have to sprint an extra foot in front of my cover just so the PG will cover his man.)

And Chris Smoove himself said that one laspe only happened once in the vid, so I doubt it's something we've got to worry about, but still, it's something I never want to see happen.

And another thing, "Nobody's perfect" is almost like a universal cop out, an overused excuse for failure. To me, succeeding long term in anything, is about never stopping progress just because you know that "nobody is perfect". I mean, you don't take that attitude to tests or building stuff do you? Flaws and mistakes do happen, granted, but when someone points them out going "nobodies perfect" is cheating yourself out of doing better, excelling. And it isn't like I'm talking about something like "The sidelines are too big! OMG!". It's like someone forgetting to make an office building with bathrooms.

Kind of a big deal, feel me?

Last edited by Eman5805; 08-31-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #514
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
What esle should we be doing here? If we don't go into the details, every post would look like, "This game is great!" "This game sucks!" "The video looked good!" The video sucked!"

Though the development team has many of their own ideas, like Spank said, this is how they know what gamers want/expect.
its not the details, its the sheer amount of "wtf, look at that headband, uggh, can we get new developers on this game already" "wtf, no knee brace, wow, this game is whack".

My post wasn't specifically commenting on any specific post, though, that video kind of brought me to the point of saying something. I mean we get a few gameplay clips from a german demo and another display and dudes are making videos and saying things like "this is bad defense, horrible defense" "its almost gamebreaking" as if they are an authority of gameplay design.

Look, I want the best out of every game as well, but there is nothing in NBA 2K that makes me feel like the developers are malingering. 2K10 was great, they appear to be at the top if not the best development team in sports gaming yet every clip that release people are going crazy as if they dont know what they are doing. I dont get it. I can understand people having issues with madden after years and years of below average gameplay,etc or even MLB 2k after years of mediocracy but this game is one of the best sports games I have ever played and it improves every year. This game isn't madden, ncaa, live, mlb 2k, or anything else. Its NBA 2K and its going to be a great game with or without a centered logo on Lebron James' headband.

It just seems to me that the nit-picking is taken to another level with NBA 2K. Its just my opinion but this is the last game that I feel needs to be nit picked. these devs have done a heck of a job with this series.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:59 AM   #515
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
this is sad. Some guy wasted all of that time analyzing a video of an old version of the game. Its not even retail.

Im actually shocked at the level of scrutiny this game gets. Im relatively new to nba 2k or basketball gaming in general but im still shocked by the level people go to to criticize this game. Its an odd little community here where they put everything under the microscope. Am i the only one that thinks this is crazy?
I don't see it that way but whatever....

If you go to his you tube channel you'll actually see that he is a 2k fan, all he plays is 2k and COD: MW2 .

If I thought it was just some fan boy hating on the game I wouldn't have posted it....

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 05:27 AM   #516
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal3208
It was definitely a big waste of time.

It's a VIDEO GAME. Nothing is going to be perfect. It happened one time.
Past games have shown that its more than a one time mistake. 2k9 and 2k10 had some terrible cpu AI. The concern is real and valid imo
Old 09-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #517
MVP

HotSauce2k3's Arena

OVR: 13

Just had to come back in here and "overwrite" what I just saw in another game's video. Whew. I'm glad all we have to complain about in 2k11 is Deron Williams' face.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #518
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

What about the latest large screenshots? Don't you think his face looks a little better?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #519
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
2K10 was great,

It just seems to me that the nit-picking is taken to another level with NBA 2K. Its just my opinion but this is the last game that I feel needs to be nit picked. these devs have done a heck of a job with this series.

i with you in terms of sily complaints like accessories and patches.

but you cannot say that they didn;t deserve criticism for 2k10....i mean pre-patch you couldn;t play my player mode with proper quarter length. there were hundreds of horrible glitches, and the default sliders were so far off proper basketball it was laughable.

and then factor in the unpatchable problems like pick and roll defense, stupid help defense etc. etc. it was a frustrating game overall. 2k10 was incomplete, and it only got slightly better MONTHS after its release.

they deserved every bit of flack they got last year and im TRULY hoping that this year they ACTUALLY release a completed game, and not a 80% game with a pacth to follow.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #520
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Thats when you know a game is pretty good.
No, thats when you know that a game looks good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »