Home

NBA 2K11 Video: Coaches Korner with Da_Czar (Part 1)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: Coaches Korner with Da_Czar (Part 1) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #33
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K11 Video: Coaches Korner with Da_Czar

That is why I love 2k bball. Finally a game that rewards true sim strategy. I'll be spending my first week in the practice gym. It's time to dig deep into association mode guys
Old 10-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #34
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

If you chose the letter K based on a coach that I loathe (UNC diehard) I lost a little respect for you Czar!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1
this game is lookin great cant wait for tuesday to come.....btw he sounds like cleveland jr from the cleveland show haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Big Czar you said I can run playbook with just the left bumper on the 360 correct cause on the tryout version at gamestop it wasnt working like that ....can you help me fam
Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #37
Rookie

Harrison_UNC_Barnes*'s Arena

OVR: 2
i luv that catch anmation 4:42!!!!!!
HOLY **** its blake griffen 6:44!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #38
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Not a problem I do as much as I can for my brothers who don't yet have the game. I remember what that is like. As to your question.

I have not played on superstar or HOF yet. The people who have that I have spoken to have not mentioned any cheating. You just have to be very very sharp with your execution. Admittedly you have to commit many fewer mistakes. Please understand that is 3rd party. I have not played those levels for myself.

I like to let the game challenge me where I am at. As I get better then I look for a new level so I won't be even dabbling with those levels for a few weeks if ever.
Apparently on HOF they just don't slip up at all or miss their timing windows on shots etc. I wouldn't say it's cheating, but I think it becomes more like a fighting game than a game of strategic basketball at that level against the AI.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #39
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Great vid czar! I particularly like how you play 50/50 on ball and off ball and show everyone that if played right playing off the ball can be SIM too whether your playing against the CPU or human.

IE: You chased Jackson around a screen once when he was trying to get open without the ball. On a different possession you were Baron Davis, and the guy he was guarding passed the ball you still stayed with your man after the pass. You would also double the low post when you were on the strong side of the floor. You even switched to bring a trap from opposite high post.

That is a chess match and SIM basketball boys and girls & 100% SIM strategy to all those who think it's cheese! Glad to see the leader of the SIM nation playing SIM basketball for all to see!

Can't wait to see the rest of the quarter and half! Good stuff!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #40
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelx
This is what I like to hear Czar. I gotta admit that watching the Bobcats in this video I was wondering if the CPU was even trying. What you said about the second qtr and the game not being a static experience leaves me with a lot of hope.

Good work as always Czar! Will we get to see that second qtr at all?

Intelx
Yeah man there is a crazy ebb and flow to the games. The computer seems to react to how you play them. Then you have to understand the clippers are a different team without Baron on the floor. When he goes out we loose something and it changes our attack.

Plus in the second qtr it wasn't until 3 minutes left in the second quarter that we had another mismatch on baron. Plus remember my gameplay was built to try to limit their stars effectiveness. So what you saw was my gameplan working...

Whats cool is despite my gameplan they made a game out of it at one point I believe they get within 1 point.

Fun fun fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »