Home

NBA 2K11 Video: Coaches Korner with Da_Czar (Part 1)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Video: Coaches Korner with Da_Czar (Part 1) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #41
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K11 Video: Coaches Korner with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
If you chose the letter K based on a coach that I loathe (UNC diehard) I lost a little respect for you Czar!
NEVER I am a UNLV fan i HATE the DUKIES.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #42
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Yeah man there is a crazy ebb and flow to the games. The computer seems to react to how you play them. Then you have to understand the clippers are a different team without Baron on the floor. When he goes out we loose something and it changes our attack.

Plus in the second qtr it wasn't until 3 minutes left in the second quarter that we had another mismatch on baron. Plus remember my gameplay was built to try to limit their stars effectiveness. So what you saw was my gameplan working...

Whats cool is despite my gameplan they made a game out of it at one point I believe they get within 1 point.

Fun fun fun.
(I say you're giving Baron too much credit Czar!) Bearded BDiddy is sometimes more of a detriment than a solution at this point.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #43
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmode313
Big Czar you said I can run playbook with just the left bumper on the 360 correct cause on the tryout version at gamestop it wasnt working like that ....can you help me fam
yes you tap the left bumper and the icons come up over the players heads. then press the button of the player you want to run the play for and his 4 plays will show up. Then just press the button for that player.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

Re: NBA 2K11 Video: Coaches Korner with Da_Czar (Part 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Part 2 coming tomorrow morning, keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for this!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0
can you see your opponents record in a ranked match?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #46
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I just love how the AI plays like a human. I can't remember the AI ball handler ever running around like that in any game.

One great example is seeing Gerald Wallace with the ball. He was so intent on getting to the basket whenever possible. He wasn't always successful, but he tried. It reminds me of playing a human. If I was the Bobcats, I too would want to get Wallace into the lane at all times.

The ball movement by the AI is also magnificent. Just playing the demo alone, I'm in awe a lot of the time when I see the AI find the open man. Even under the basket, it's constantly thinking and looking.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 10-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
I've got a tip for ya. When yo use the side view you tend to shoot more of your shots form the closet side of the screen. This video is the perfect example.

Most of his shots came from the right side. He could only drive to the right side. When he drove to the paint on his left he always got stuck because he never moved to the left like he did when drove right. He used all the space he add.

It naturally happens because that side is closer. If his footsteps were painted you would see how much of the left side of the court he never touched.

In other words. This isn't NBA Live 1995. Put on the 2k camera or you limit your game.

If he took a a look at his shot chart he would see it leans heavily to the right.

I can always tell when I'm playing someone online on the side view while I'm on the 2k camera..

It's just a matter of forcing them to the side that's not closest in their view or just bring the help heavy to the closest side. . It makes it uncomfortable for side view players because that side is furthest from their view.
Couldn't agree more.

I am a recent 2k camera convert (on Nba 2k10).
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 10-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #48
Rookie

DirtySouf's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam9437
can you see your opponents record in a ranked match?
No.............

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »