Home

Online is being exploited RIGHT NOW

This is a discussion on Online is being exploited RIGHT NOW within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Online is being exploited RIGHT NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksolo12
I find it kind of strange that the developers come on and do all kinds of talk and interact with us prior to the game coming out. Then once the game drops and people start asking questions about stuff (online issues, gameplay issues/tweak etc...) these guys are nowhere to be found.

The online issue regarding servers and connection problems get totally ignored. They didnt even acknowledge that 2K10 had an online issue. The community development guy (2K Ronnie) never talks about anything relevant.

Just wondering thats all.
Be happy this game has very few problems that need to be addressed. I'd say the developers of this game interacted with us very minimally, compared to the interaction the former competition got. Those developers would interact almost daily, 3 of them at a time. Maybe if they'd spent less time interacting and tweeting, and more time fixing their game, it wouldn't have ended the way it did. And when those games were released, you could bet your last dollar that they would be no where to be found to address the massive issues that were prevalent, and they wouldn't pop up for months.

What's happening with this here series, not such a big deal. Be patient, its only been out for a week. And I don't know why anyone would expect online to be error free anyways. It's always been one issue after another with 2k.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

SMH

its not just slingball. you cant even get in a ranked match in the ps3, the match service is bugged and has been for over a week. lobby matches are the same.

its not on sim, ronnie confirmed they changed it to ****** by accident. yet its still on ******

there are no physics in body contact, guys dunknthrough 3 defenders.

every close pass is tipped, guys pass into the chest of the defender.

after 40 ranked games i have not seen one blocked dunk or one steal button steal

corner shots always hit the side of the backboard

inside shots by 90 rated scorers inside miss 95% of the time if theres a guy next to you.

with help defense on max and sagging off on all players the ai teammates still allow drives into the lane without moving.

zone defense allows more layups than man to man because its brokev

im missing a lot more glitches and wtf moments but it is bad

i hope they reset rankings after the patch. online is not sim right now

and mike is not their only developer. you think the whole company went on vacation?

we have these problems each year cause you guys dont care and youre scared to stand up for yourselves.

Last edited by skcusderap; 10-12-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcusderap
SMH

its not just slingball. you cant even get in a ranked match in the ps3, the match service is bugged and has been for over a week. lobby matches are the same.

its not on sim, ronnie confirmed they changed it to ****** by accident. yet its still on ******

there are no physics in body contact, guys dunknthrough 3 defenders.

every close pass is tipped, guys pass into the chest of the defender.

after 40 ranked games i have not seen one blocked dunk or one steal button steal

corner shots always hit the side of the backboard

inside shots by 90 rated scorers inside miss 95% of the time if theres a guy next to you.

with help defense on max and sagging off on all players the ai teammates still allow drives into the lane without moving.

zone defense allows more layups than man to man because its brokev

im missing a lot more glitches and wtf moments but it is bad

i hope they reset rankings after the patch. online is not sim right now

and mike is not their only developer. you think the whole company went on vacation?

we have these problems each year cause you guys dont care and youre scared to stand up for yourselves.

Sooooo, you're playing on ps3 (which you say is having ranked match connection issues) but you've managed to play 40 ranked games, in a week??? Wow. How much time have you dedicated to trying to get a match over the last 7 days?

Also, for the record, I'm on 360 and have tried numerous times to get into a ranked match and haven't been able to as of yet.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Sooooo, you're playing on ps3 (which you say is having ranked match connection issues) but you've managed to play 40 ranked games, in a week??? Wow. How much time have you dedicated to trying to get a match over the last 7 days?

Also, for the record, I'm on 360 and have tried numerous times to get into a ranked match and haven't been able to as of yet.
and if this was another country we would be rioting. you paid $60 and they lied about online being fixed.

if online worked id have 100+ games under my belt.

IGN was biased with a 9.5 they know online is a huge component and didnt bother letting that detract from the score.

so far this game is a 5/10 and should be $30 less for no online, false
advertising and deception
Old 10-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but no year will ever be the year of online play for sports games. IMO, unless they start charging folks a monthly fee like with MMO's(I know most people wouldn't pay) so that they can have a live team to constantly be dealing with online issues, the online experience will be a problem filled mess.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcusderap
and if this was another country we would be rioting. you paid $60 and they lied about online being fixed.

if online worked id have 100+ games under my belt.

IGN was biased with a 9.5 they know online is a huge component and didnt bother letting that detract from the score.

so far this game is a 5/10 and should be $30 less for no online, false
advertising and deception
Umm. ok, you should trade it in for........oh wait. nevermind.

and by the way....Who in their right mind plays complete strangers online anymore anyways? All that comes of playing strangers is cheesing and headaches.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

cheesing is crazzy with this ****** it is horrible online
Old 10-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Umm. ok, you should trade it in for........oh wait. nevermind.

and by the way....Who in their right mind plays complete strangers online anymore anyways? All that comes of playing strangers is cheesing and headaches.
the same as its always been...because some people dont' want to keep playing the same 10 people over and over...Because we don't want to have to wait for one our friends to get on....Because we'd like to play someone with a different(hopefully sim) playstyle....When you play your friend's over and over, u know how they play....

But anyway, I'd be willing to pay to play online if they had a live dev team to constantly fix issues...I don't see why most would have a problem with that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »