Home

Online is being exploited RIGHT NOW

This is a discussion on Online is being exploited RIGHT NOW within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-12-2010, 03:55 AM   #9
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Online is being exploited RIGHT NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcusderap
i forgot it was simulation to hold a guy back on defense at the other rim then on a rebound launch a 100mph pass instant catch and dunk

mike said that was gone this year.

i guess not
i always forget to check the replay to see if the guy was back there grabbing a hot dog or flirting with a cheerleader. that would at least give him a reason to be back there.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #10
bhl
Rookie

OVR: 5

My other main online issue is the fact that out of half the games I have played, at halftime it says that a network error has occurred, which has been really aggravating. I really wish that the lobbies from 2k8 were back it was a lot easier to navigate and pick and choose who to play.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:46 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

From the very small amount of time i've played in ranked games, I do think they took it off the sim setting. There are now many more points in the paint and shots hit at a much higher %.

However, leagues are your friend and so are player matches with sim players from your friends list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #12
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Lot of these guys are on vacation usually around this time because next month they have meetings to ramp up for 2k12.
So early for 2K12 talk. These guys never have a break.

Hopefully they're reading this site for info to do things with 2K12
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #13
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Got DC'd twice in a row playing a custom match against another OSer.

And I'm done. Not dealing with the BS that is 2K's servers. Offline association it is.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksolo12
I find it kind of strange that the developers come on and do all kinds of talk and interact with us prior to the game coming out. Then once the game drops and people start asking questions about stuff (online issues, gameplay issues/tweak etc...) these guys are nowhere to be found.

The online issue regarding servers and connection problems get totally ignored. They didnt even acknowledge that 2K10 had an online issue. The community development guy (2K Ronnie) never talks about anything relevant.

Just wondering thats all.
I agree...Its bs.......Vacation or not...I know they're on the internet because Ronnie still posts things on twitter...they just have nothing to do with 2K.....I've directly tweeted him and asked him why we can't get an answer on the difficulty change and it gets ignored.....
Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #15
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
I agree...Its bs.......Vacation or not...I know they're on the internet because Ronnie still posts things on twitter...they just have nothing to do with 2K.....I've directly tweeted him and asked him why we can't get an answer on the difficulty change and it gets ignored.....
When you are on vacation from work Timid do you want your job calling you about work related issues? Are you answering/checking your work related emails? My guess is no...you are on vacation! You will worry about that stuff when you get back to work. These guys did a lot of work within a short time and the game has been out for only 7 days.....Give them a break. If it gets to a 3 weeks- 1month and you haven't heard anything..then you can panic imo.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 10-12-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

What I really don't understand is the fact that this glitch is a repeat offender from 2K10. I know many people don't like playing online, but I do. I like to see what random people are doing--not just my friends. I have learned a lot of little things to add to my game by doing so.

This bug is worse than the NCAA Football Pump fake glitch. At least with the pump fake, you had to do something so unrealistic (turn away from the play and fake the pass) that I could tell you were cheating--though nothing could really stop it. With this "slingball" bug, you could hide the fact that you are doing it. Like, you could leak out to half court instead of staying underneath your opponents' basket.

This is a major bummer (though I still love the game) to us online gamers...'cmon developers have a heart and show us some love.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »