Home

How to win games at NBA 2k12?

This is a discussion on How to win games at NBA 2k12? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: How to win games at NBA 2k12?

kinda cheesy, you played know one on your bench and scored a load of points only with kobe.

not how i would play.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNYP52
kinda cheesy, you played know one on your bench and scored a load of points only with kobe.
You're right on that.. However i'm playing on 5 mins quarters and i hate that the coach would try to substitute main player after just one foul early in the game, it's pretty tough to get fouled out in 20 mins honestly.

I don't really like to set my substitution to either fatigue or rotation because i want my star players when i need to push or when i am going on a run. When i got a big lead then i will let the subs play.. if that's cheese, then give me some cheese.. HAHA.

P.S. it's not so much cheese scoring with Kobe considered he IS a ballhog in real life as well, just be glad i'm not cheesing my way to 83.. HAHA.

Last edited by kchui1028; 10-09-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchui1028
You're right on that.. However i'm playing on 5 mins quarters and i hate that the coach would try to substitute main player after just one foul early in the game, it's pretty tough to get fouled out in 20 mins honestly.

I don't really like to set my substitution to either fatigue or rotation because i want my star players when i need to push or when i am going on a run. When i got a big lead then i will let the subs play.. if that's cheese, then give me some cheese.. HAHA.

P.S. it's not so much cheese scoring with Kobe considered he IS a ballhog in real life as well, just be glad i'm not cheesing my way to 83.. HAHA.
You had almost double the shot attempts with Kobe than the rest of your team combined, and shot the ball once with Gasol. Yes Kobe is somewhat of a ball hog, but not to that extent Congrats on winning but thats not sim gameplay in the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #12
Rookie

The beginning of the 4th quarter in the 2nd and final game of the 3 games series nba finals.. Me Lakers blowing the Celtics out, the way the Celtics playing in the 3rd trailing 20+ is like they have already given up (Now that's realistic).. and look at the Lakers bench players relaxing Ha. Ha. and the ultra quiet stadium is almost laughable.. MAKE THE AI HURT!!

Last edited by kchui1028; 10-09-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harithak47
Yes Kobe is somewhat of a ball hog, but not to that extent Congrats on winning but thats not sim gameplay in the least.
In 2k11, Kobe would have been doubleteamed the whole game comes 3rd quarter, but that never happened in this game in 2k12.. I wonder why the celtics decide not to do so.. but i think it's more like the 2k12 don't double team hot player anymore.. it just allowed Kobe to keep pounding and by the end of 3rd quarter, they decided to do full court press which just give kobe the opportunity to drive right up the basket and dunk it, so why not, i ended up with 40 points in 5 mins quarter game, not much different than Kobe scored 81 in 12 mins quarters game in real life!!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:28 AM   #14
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongBundy
Score MORE points than the cpu/opponent.

You're welcome.
The problem is that the CPU knows that trick too. It might have read it here. We really need to be careful with this thread...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 10-09-2011, 02:34 AM   #15
Rookie

i think it's time for me to up the level to allstars... scary!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 03:50 AM   #16
Banned

THEone86's Arena

OVR: 2

Advice on playing 2K12:

OFFENSE
-Don't Rush things, you have 24 seconds for a reason.
-The pullup Jumper can be a VERY Valuable asset.
-It is tough this year to score on drives in the paint , so utilize the mid-range shot after you beat the perimeter defender.
-If you see a defender about to contest your layup...Change it while in mid-air.
-Free throws can be very helpful if you have a nice penetration player.
-RUN PLAYS! You don't have to everytime up the floor , but it helps if you do it often.
-Play to your teams strategy, Orlando isn't known for driving with Gilbert Arenas, So don't do it.
DEFENSE
-Use the right stick to contest any shot you're not going to try and block, it's called the BLOCK button for a reason.
-It's hard to recover from a missed steal attempt, only try if you know you can grab it.
-Know the correct times to use intense D [LT] and fast intense D [RT+LT] Yes, you have to use them both to be good at defense.
-don't risk to many Block attempts on really good dunkers... Or you'll give up a lot of and-1 chances.
-Don't worry about guessing where the play is going to go, just try to stay in front of the ball-handler.

OTHER NOTES
-I find that both default and Casual are unbalanced , so use custom sliders, I will post mine in a moment.
-It's not about if you can play on hall of fame, it's about getting the most realistic, fairest gameplay out of NBA 2K12.
-On Legends mode, They are Legends for a reason, use them often, but don't use them in ways they are not effective. I.E. Don't shoot jumpers with Wilt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »