Home

Okay, so it's flat out impossible to pass on a 2-on-1 break

This is a discussion on Okay, so it's flat out impossible to pass on a 2-on-1 break within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Okay, so it's flat out impossible to pass on a 2-on-1 break

the problem for me is guys not coming all the way with me on the fast break. had a 3 on 1 today, me, rip, and tayshaun full speed ahead, all of a sudden rip runs back to the 3 point line, and tayshaun hides in the corner... i thought 2k said they were gonna improve fast breaks in 2k12? think they got worse. have no trouble with the passes though, my guy is a 90 now, between that, and the fact i got good timing, it makes a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 10

Still seeing this too. Not quite as much as past years, but still. Doesnt help when lead pass leads to TO's. Hope they can fix "logic" nonetheless
Old 10-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hey guys, I keep hearing about the Right Stick Passing and how much better the passes are in crowded spaces. I'm in a practice scrimmage right now, just throwing the ball freely, not trying to accomplish much, and I'd have to say, it's worth trying to get accustomed to.

I know most will find it kinda troublesome and uncomfortable, but the type of passes I'm throwing with Rondo right now have got me really excited. I'm trying to see what will happen on a break and report back what I find, but for now I highly recommend going into practice and just winging it. It can't hurt.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:01 AM   #84
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
The logic needs to be tuned for sure. They need to have the back peddling defender "commit" to a defender and let the ballhandler make the proper read.

I have had many of fastbreaks stall because it seems 1 man back can properly defend a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 fast break. This is not real basketball.
it is possible i did it a few times in real life slow down a fast break 3 against one. just got to know who your playing against. However 90% of time it should b easy score for 3 on 1. They don't need to necessarly make the defender commit but make passing crisper so where a pass doesn't float.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #85
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Doesn't help when lead pass leads to TO's. Hope they can fix "logic" nonetheless
Funny it's not an issue for CPU players the majority of the time. I can't stand to see 3-4 back to back lead pass plays in a row by the CPU attempting to get back in the game. Not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Energy
They don't need to necessarly make the defender commit but make passing crisper so where a pass doesn't float.
This would definitely help.

Last edited by RedmanR; 10-14-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #86
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

And whatever the hell is making stick passing more crisp, they need to apply it to button passing. Why would it be any different? They're both directional, right?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #87
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Button passing is very crisp (and often a well placed bounce pass) when used with RB/R2 and the intended receiver button is held down, but the problem with that on a fast break is that it takes far too long to pass that way.

I'd rather see the A/X button being used for just quick bounce passes than it's current use. There are so many situations where all I'd like to do is a quick bounce pass to the nearest teammate and end up getting a slow chest pass instead. If I wanted to throw a chest pass or over the head pass, then in most situations I would use the RB/R2 button with the player icon.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpSoloSr
Hey guys, I keep hearing about the Right Stick Passing and how much better the passes are in crowded spaces. I'm in a practice scrimmage right now, just throwing the ball freely, not trying to accomplish much, and I'd have to say, it's worth trying to get accustomed to.

I know most will find it kinda troublesome and uncomfortable, but the type of passes I'm throwing with Rondo right now have got me really excited. I'm trying to see what will happen on a break and report back what I find, but for now I highly recommend going into practice and just winging it. It can't hurt.
Right stick passing is the way to go in 2k12 for sure. I was experimenting with it last night also and the passing logic is definitely better with the right stick. I don't know why 2k totally messed up icon passing.

The only problem with right stick passing is that sometimes you may pass to the wrong player. But it's better and I will use the right stick mainly for passing for now on. I have to master it.

The fast break logic in this game still isn't where it should be with every defender whose back on the break playing like they are all defense. The CPU still cheats. Even on Pro default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »