Home

Overall is 2k12 worse than 2k11?

This is a discussion on Overall is 2k12 worse than 2k11? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Is NBA 2k11 better than NBA 2k12?
Yes 122 22.34%
No 325 59.52%
Haven't decided 99 18.13%
Voters: 546. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2011, 06:31 AM   #81
Banned

rosque's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Overall is 2k12 worse than 2k11?

Elite is better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 06:31 AM   #82
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
You think it's the game? There are countless people on this forum that can easily prevent "the Fishers" from getting to the hole. To me once I mastered the new D it comes quite naturaly. Also if getting blocked, try using pump fakes, stepthroughs, change shots(or hand) etc. I usually get blocked from 2 to 5 times per game against CPU on All Star.
Here we go. The one guy who has to start quoting people and shooting holes in everything they say, because they "know how to play the game", and apparently I don't. Not gonna go back-and-forth with you. Yes, it is the game. Period. If it isn't the game, then why does 2K patch the controls/physics pretty much every year to make them a lot smoother and way less herky-jerky? Just for fun? As far as the blocks, again, I have seen Derrick Fisher blocking 7-footers under the rim, and the way the some blocks happen in 2K12 seem strange at that. BTW, I pump fake quite a bit, and it doesn't work one bit, the CPU (thankfully) doesn't fall for them like they did last year, the problem is that they NEVER fall for pump fakes now.

That is all I have to say.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 10-16-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 0

After reading this thread, I decided to go back and play a few games of 2K11 for a comparison.
2K11 looks smoother. At first glance, I was shocked at how well 2K11 resembled a real NBA game. It holds up pretty well.
But... there was a glitch that I had forgotten about. Every foul is a shooting foul. Which is totally unrealistic. It's the same as Madden not having Pass Interference.
So I went back to 2K12... And y'know what? After getting some decent sliders, I stopped seeing defenders turning their backs on the ball. I saw the right spacing. The skating went away. AND, I saw fouls that werent Shooting Fouls!
So what I'm saying is that at first glance 2K11 looks better than 2K12 out of the box.
But once you adjust your sliders correctly, 2K12 wins.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #84
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
After reading this thread, I decided to go back and play a few games of 2K11 for a comparison.
2K11 looks smoother. At first glance, I was shocked at how well 2K11 resembled a real NBA game. It holds up pretty well.
But... there was a glitch that I had forgotten about. Every foul is a shooting foul. Which is totally unrealistic. It's the same as Madden not having Pass Interference.
So I went back to 2K12... And y'know what? After getting some decent sliders, I stopped seeing defenders turning their backs on the ball. I saw the right spacing. The skating went away. AND, I saw fouls that werent Shooting Fouls!
So what I'm saying is that at first glance 2K11 looks better than 2K12 out of the box.
But once you adjust your sliders correctly, 2K12 wins.
So which sliders are those on MP?

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 5

as far as gameplay 2k12 is much better!
it took me some time to get use to it and knowing the iso an post moves but now i'm really really enjoying it!!!! yes rebounding is also a bit of a problem this year, but now after practicing my timing it is much better.
i didn't touch MP mode yet and never even tried association(on any version of the game).
just give it some time learning the new mechanics of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 08:12 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 1

When i read some bull****(excuse me me for explicit language)i become a fascist
Nba 2k12 is another level to 11 truth some flaw is here but the emotion the gameplay, the difficulty,the AI is Greatest ....

play all star raise Defensive awareness of cpu at 75 make adjustments and play..

With respect.....

But in these weeks i read too many silly poll or question.....

maybe i'm very fortunate and play with a copy of 12 that doesn't not exist in real world.....

Sorry for my language and my english....
Peace and respect for who don't think as me......

PPSS 2k12 all life......

Last edited by Lee Harrison; 10-16-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #87
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Yes, it is the game. Period. If it isn't the game, then why does 2K patch the controls/physics pretty much every year to make them a lot smoother and way less herky-jerky? Just for fun?
Here is a thread with about 10 pages of why they shouldn't patch it. At least not the D. Since it works perfectly. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sity-year.html

And not the one person, but the hundred ... SMH. Every year the same story, they make it challenging and realistic, people don't adapt and beg for a patch ... Why not just change the setting to Rookie ...

“I never thought I’d lead the NBA in rebounding, but I got a lot of help from my team-mates – they did a lot of missing.”-Moses Malone
Old 10-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #88
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Here is a thread with about 10 pages of why they shouldn't patch it. At least not the D. Since it works perfectly. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sity-year.html

And not the one person, but the hundred ... SMH. Every year the same story, they make it challenging and realistic, people don't adapt and beg for a patch ... Why not just change the setting to Rookie ...
In regards to the thread, I see the same crap about Madden every year as well. Cats don't know what REAL football/football strategy is, so they think the garbage that goes on in that game is realistic as well (some even try to make excuses for things like DB route mirroring). I'm sorry, but I refuse to adapt to me pushing a direction and my guy spinning around and running off 10 feet the opposite way as being "realistic". Challenging? Yes, but not in a good way. They patch the busted controls every year for 2K basketball man, lol, so I honestly don't see how you can argue that. I never said make the game EASIER, just make the controls BETTER. I love the posters that want to get all manly and equate every issue with a game to guys "Needing to (essentially) man up and get better at the game". Keep deluding yourself if you want to. I really don't care. SMH.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 10-16-2011 at 10:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »