Home

Overall is 2k12 worse than 2k11?

This is a discussion on Overall is 2k12 worse than 2k11? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Is NBA 2k11 better than NBA 2k12?
Yes 122 22.34%
No 325 59.52%
Haven't decided 99 18.13%
Voters: 546. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2011, 04:02 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Overall is 2k12 worse than 2k11?

Idk know if people realize that this is a Overall game poll, not a gameplay poll.

Gameplay -- NBA 2K12 > NBA 2K12

As of right now -- Overall -- NBA 2K11 > NBA 2K12. What DLC actually is is to be determined.

You can't take out Crew and Pickup and say 2k12 is better overall. Last time i checked, subtracting modes doesn't add to the overall score. Legends mode doesn't make up for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Idk know if people realize that this is a Overall game poll, not a gameplay poll.

As of right now -- Overall -- NBA 2K11 > NBA 2K12. What DLC actually is is to be determined.

You can't take out Crew and Pickup and say 2k12 is better overall. Last time i checked, subtracting modes doesn't add to the overall score. Legends mode doesn't make up for that.

Wait, people actually play the pickup and crew modes?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 11

Definitely a better game. I'm more of a game-play guy, and if that's great, then I'm sold. Sure, I wish the trade logic was better, I also don't like the occasional offline lag, but I can deal with it because this game is so much more smooth and fluid than NBA 2K11. NBA 2K12 is, far and away, the better game IMO, as functionality can be fixed somewhat by the user, whereas game-play is either great, or it's not, and this year it is great.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo

personally its a matter of preference, 2k12 IMO is greater than 2k11 in all areas except for one at this current moment.. 2k11 on pc was able to have cf modded, thats the only advantage as of right now to me, but when 2k12 faces can be modded.... nothing compares... i don't play online as well, so thats probably y i can say this
Old 10-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhannius
Wow, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. I read a lot of negative AND positive posts on the game, it's interesting to me to see what others think of the game. I didn't create this thread so that I can get a self-esteem boosting nod of approval, as if I need reassurance that my opinion is well supported by others. I created this thread as a foundation of discussion to see if others think 2k is heading in the right direction. Obviously many people think they are, it just so happens that in my opinion 2k11 is the better game. I'm sure the patches will make 2k12 much better than it is now, and then we'll see.

But good try kid.
And a good thing you created this, too. I've been on the fence, as I'm sure a lot of people were, about getting this instead of just keeping the greatness of 2K11. I think I'm inclined to get 2K12, but I wasn't sure, so thank you for creating a thread where so many great opinions are voiced!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #70
Pro

I think when comparing the out-of-box wow factor 2k11 was a better experience with far less enjoyment sapping problems. So it could be argued that 2k11 was the more complete game at their respective launches.

But 2k12 has a lot of great improvements that make 2k11 feel very stale. The post up game alone is enough for me to stomach the head scratching moments.

I feel the 2k team needs to work on getting some of the more serious issues patched asap in order to control the bleeding a little.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
for me it would be the smoothness and the challenge, 2k11 wasnt a challenge at all after learning it... only thing i don't like about 2k12 is the delay of passing, 2k11 seemed more 'canned' than 2k12, still some canned stuff, just feels freer to play,
I totally agree with you, to me patch that passing delay issue like yesterday and get rid of the auto contest when putting your hands up and I'm good with the gameplay.

If it takes a few weeks to work out the weird trade ai or other game mode bugs I can live with it but those two gameplay issues are really getting to me right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

yup. the gameplay is much better, but no crew/pickup/online period makes 2k11 better overall in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »