Home

Overall is 2k12 worse than 2k11?

This is a discussion on Overall is 2k12 worse than 2k11? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: Is NBA 2k11 better than NBA 2k12?
Yes 122 22.34%
No 325 59.52%
Haven't decided 99 18.13%
Voters: 546. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Banned

SIZEqueen's Arena

OVR: 7
It's a better game for sure. It has some glaring flaws, but patches, roster edits and slider adjustments could tone them down a bit.

I know I'm gonna take heat for this, but I'll say it anyway. I wish they would stop adding things or refining things that in their functionality are fine. Like player faces - sure the new ones are cool, but I'd prefer the devs spend more time on the primary issues of fundamental basketball play. The addition of the new shoes and accessories are also good, but they really only half-assed that too. Sneakers still only have very limited (ugly/unrealistic) colorways and accessories is still a mess. How hard is it to make people wear white headbands and armbands at home, really? Like...really.

Instead of adding bells and whistles that really aren't that impressive, why not make it so that crossovers don't send D Rose bouncing off his defender and then sucked into the arbitrary second defender? I'd prefer that over an online association that doesn't even work anyway.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Overall is 2k12 worse than 2k11?

Haven't decided.

Two different games, that is for sure. I was playing NBA 2K11 on Superstar/Sim, and right now I am trying to transition into All Star/Sim on 2K12.

Being I am so used to NBA 2K11, of course I am going to say it is better but it hasn't been even a month yet that I have played NBA 2K12 to make a fair assessment. Slowly but surely, I am learning the game and will become integrated with the game play and NBA 2K11 will be an afterthought. Will NBA 2K11 still be a good game? Yes. In terms of game play, both are great.

I am liking NBA 2K12 a lot more though, especially the ball handling, playcalling system, improved defense - it has a lot more added depth and brings out basketball strategam.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIZEqueen
It's a better game for sure. It has some glaring flaws, but patches, roster edits and slider adjustments could tone them down a bit.

I know I'm gonna take heat for this, but I'll say it anyway. I wish they would stop adding things or refining things that in their functionality are fine. Like player faces - sure the new ones are cool, but I'd prefer the devs spend more time on the primary issues of fundamental basketball play. The addition of the new shoes and accessories are also good, but they really only half-assed that too. Sneakers still only have very limited (ugly/unrealistic) colorways and accessories is still a mess. How hard is it to make people wear white headbands and armbands at home, really? Like...really.

Instead of adding bells and whistles that really aren't that impressive, why not make it so that crossovers don't send D Rose bouncing off his defender and then sucked into the arbitrary second defender? I'd prefer that over an online association that doesn't even work anyway.
I liked the part where you told them to stop focusing on cosmetic stuff in favour of gameplay, and then went on to whine about sneakers and band colours.

Good show!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #12
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

Does anybody remember that NBA2K11 has 2 patches in it. Takes time to fix problems. Just chill fellas.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 10-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

No, but 2K11 is better in a few areas atm..
Old 10-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Only things I miss from 2k11 was the speed of the passes and how quickly the 2K cam rotated. Everything else is better in 2k12
Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #15
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

N O

Spells no..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #16
Banned

SIZEqueen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
I liked the part where you told them to stop focusing on cosmetic stuff in favour of gameplay, and then went on to whine about sneakers and band colours.

Good show!
Context...I used the sneakers and accessories to prove a point. They spent time on it, yet still did a bad job. Why not spend time on something else entirely?

My last paragraph explains this fully. If you didn't get that, then I'm afraid you shouldn't be one who is poking fun at other people and their (in)ability to express or process the written word.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »