Home

Guide to A Better NBA 2k12 Offline Experience w/o A Patch!!! (Long read…)

This is a discussion on Guide to A Better NBA 2k12 Offline Experience w/o A Patch!!! (Long read…) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Guide to A Better NBA 2k12 Offline Experience w/o A Patch!!! (Long read…)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Biggest issue to me is too many passes getting tipped and/or intercepted, the inability to thread passes. It's very hard to make an entry pass into the post unless your man is wide open -- and that's even with icon passing, which seems to have no effect.

Anyone know if this can be patched? Was it also a problem in 2k11?
I think it can be patched because the issue was also in 2k11 and I felt the passing got better and better after each patch.

In the meantime, since the patch is yet to come, you can decrease the CPU tendency to play passing lanes to minimize tips and interceptions. The sliders are there to shape the game to our own individual tastes. We just have to understand how each one of them function and relate to one another. AND 2k needs to share that knowledge with us...but I guess that's their trade secret

I was one of the guys who was clamoring for a patch (for a variety of issues). However, as I understand the functions of the different sliders more and how they affect different aspects of the gameplay, I have enjoyed the game more and more by tweaking the sliders to my liking.

I actually applaud 2k for giving us almost all the necessary tools to make the game what we want it to be. There are tons of sliders from gameplay, coach settings, to coach profile and to the individual traits of each player. If you have the time and patience, you can actually customize everything in the game according to how you perceive the real NBA...That is if you have the luxury of time...
Old 10-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #10
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Great post sir, thank you.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

For putting in the time to organize and write all that up. Those are the types of post that make OS so great.

And you're absolutely right, despite 1 or 2 gameplay issues, weird bugs in the various modes, and a rough start to the online experience this is a stellar game.

2k definitely gives us the tools to tweak our offline experience. We should take advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #12
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Also remember that you have to use different pressure on the left stick. With LT held you can be a bit heavier on the left stick, since your moving slower, LT +RT use a lighter pressure on the left stick, since your moving faster.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Mostly common sense but... A great write-up / read.

One of the things I've been noticing is that you have to play the game at a slightly slower pace and put more thought into what you're doing than in prior installments of 2k.

If you mess up on a few consecutive plays (stupid turnovers, etc.) don't panic, it pays to stay calm as like the real NBA 2k12 really is a game of runs.

The one downside to the above is that it's pretty taxing to play 12 minute quarters...

Note: Also just to echo what jersez said above, if you're having trouble on offense or defensive make sure you've kicked the habit of always holding one of the triggers at all times.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

The quick to judgment, quick to complain Noobs & Cheesers are the ones that really need to see this. Great post.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yo...... good read and thanks for your efforts mayne! I know that I read somethings that I will utilize. Nice job!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Biggest issue to me is too many passes getting tipped and/or intercepted, the inability to thread passes. It's very hard to make an entry pass into the post unless your man is wide open -- and that's even with icon passing, which seems to have no effect.
I adjusted the sliders, lowering CPU steals, hands and playing passing lanes to 5 and increasing User passing to 100.

Played one game and saw a noticeable difference, at least with passes into the post. Wasn't getting everything tipped or stolen like before. Used both regular and icon passing.

Had a couple get picked off, but it was due to bad decisions by me. One time Kerr even remarked how bad a pass it was since my man was covered well.

Didn't get too many fast breaks in this game so I couldn't tell if it was easier to pass on 2 on 1, 3 on 1, and 3 on 2 breaks, the other issue I had.

But this was huge. Increased my enjoyment factor considerably.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »