Home

Guide to A Better NBA 2k12 Offline Experience w/o A Patch!!! (Long read…)

This is a discussion on Guide to A Better NBA 2k12 Offline Experience w/o A Patch!!! (Long read…) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #17
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Guide to A Better NBA 2k12 Offline Experience w/o A Patch!!! (Long read…)

OKay after a few games of holding a couple teams to around 38%-44%. So I wanted to bump this if some are having trouble I'm playing on superstar default sliders.Side note it is extremely important to play the ball handler at the correct distance, not to close or they will drive and not to far so they can shoot, try to find the middle distance so you can defend both.

Defensive slide speed:
This is what great individual defense will come to. The default movement without triggers held will be the most used movement. This movement is for positioning and shading. If the ball handler is attacking use this movement with the Triggers.

Intense D: (LT) This is meant to be used for when you are close to the ball handler and contesting shots. Movement is slowed by using the intense d. So if you anticipate the isomotion use this and then release after the collision animation. Since movements are slower you have to press the LS a bit harder to cut off.

Shuffle(RT+LT) The shuffle can also be used to back peddle to defend the break. Use this only to catch up if you have gotten beat by a couple of steps, If you have been completely beaten use the RT only and hopefully you can catch up. You can also use the quick hop feature which is ( LT+RT + RS in the direction of the ball handler.) Only use this if you can guess which way he is going. Ease up on the LS pressure since you are in fast mode(tired don't judge me )

Blocks: Blocks are pure anticipation this year. So this is based on ratings, position and timing. If you have an idea of where the offensive player will lay the ball up, use the LS + Y in the direction of where the ball might go, but timing is important because the cpu will use the up & under or you will over shoot the block. Do not use Lt + Y to contest last second shots, you will either foul or miss the shooter.

Steals: There are small windows just like IRL where you can steal the ball this is more of a reflex skill. Here are you chances pump fakes, lay-ups or dunks, jump-shots and post moves. I excluded crossovers because those are low percentage chance of steals unless you are defending a poor ball handler.

Strategies: Use all of the resources, defensive settings, coaching profiles and OTFC strategy. Also foul, after offensive rebounds against bigs, fast breaks (only when you are ahead of the offensive team or you will be called for a clear path). Defend the post with multiple defenders and use the collision system to make the offensive player adjust instead of a easy dunk or lay-up. Off-ball will be needed sometimes to get defenders through screens or defending the Pick n Roll by switching or hedging, If you can go for the steal and block.
Important note: LS pressure will change depending on the player and triggers. so you will have to tug the LS so you can position shaq against a john Stockton. Also these tips wont mean that you will collide with the player all the time, this is something a patch will be needed.
Hopefully I helped some of you out, if I had a recording device I would post a few gameplay vids. This does not guarantee that you will shut the cpu or online users down. Wining is still up to you.

Last edited by jersez; 10-17-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #18
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Nice thread here...it might've been missed amidst the agony of people adjusting to the new game but this is very good information
Old 10-17-2011, 12:38 AM   #19
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Nice thread here...it might've been missed amidst the agony of people adjusting to the new game but this is very good information
Yes the forums have been flooded with Impression threads and nonsense hopefully this can be stickie'd and more users can post their tips.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:42 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

://www.mediafire.com/?14dr3burffcx7af

Just add http for the link to work, download sliders for PC version

I use them in HOF difficulty 12 minute realistic fun games.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:00 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

One thing that helped me out was just glancing through the tendencies of whatever team I was going to face next. Some of them are REALLY out of whack and it definitely effects gameplay just as much as sliders do. Some things are spot on but some things are just crazy. I'm no roster guru but some stuff is common sense, no Rashidi formula necessary for most of these - here are a couple things I look for:

1. Attack vs. Pass Out Tendency (too low) - For some reason, a lot of superstars have a very low attack tendency. Wade and Lebron, for example, are at like 40 attack - which I believe means that they're more likely to pass out rather than finish at the basket.

2. Up and Under/Pump Fake (too high) - Unskilled big men should have both of these (especially up and under) very low. I know I shouldn't bite on pump fakes but Joel Anthony also shouldn't be hitting me with the dream shake.

3. Post Up (too high) - I wish I knew exactly what the tendencies did but I saw a lot of players with this tendency way too high. Wade and Lebron had this super high and while they do post up in real life, they only do so occasionally. Similarly, Joel Anthony had this super high too - he's a big man and they will dump it down every blue moon or so but he really doesn't post up.

4. Dribble Tendencies (all of them for big men - too high) - I'm sure you guys have seen Greg Oden hit you with a behind the back crossover then take a step back jumper from 18 feet away. Just take away all the fancy stuff from the bigs that can't do em.

I'm still messing with the game since I got it recently but so far the goal has been to get superstars to play aggressively like they do in real life and to make sure the less skilled players play less skilled. It's worked out nicely so far, although I just got lit up by Lebron and Wade lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #22
Rookie

There is another thread, that talks about playingo the game in Pro/Default, it says that is the more sim the game gets. Have you try this out? I'm getting my game on Thursday and i want to know what's the best experience. Thks!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmv3977
There is another thread, that talks about playingo the game in Pro/Default, it says that is the more sim the game gets. Have you try this out? I'm getting my game on Thursday and i want to know what's the best experience. Thks!
I read the thread just now, and there were a lot of veteran posters that are saying it is a good experience. I'm definitely going to try it. I still have 45 min at work and 38 miles of driving home

Here's a link to the thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ettings-4.html
Old 10-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

My english is not so good can someone explain wtf is "Driving Collision" ? thx

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »