Home

I'm finding it really hard to dunk in this game

This is a discussion on I'm finding it really hard to dunk in this game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I'm finding it really hard to dunk in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_maz_ing
Rare? I'm pretty sure young athletic players (a la Lebron, D.Rose) and good big men (Pau Gasol, Amare Stoudemire) get at least 2 dunks per game. I wouldn't call that rare.
Of course the OP never said what type of players he was dunking with.

And, OP, your problem might be (if you use shot stick) you might be not be holding it. I find if you let go of the shot stick to early it will do a lay-up or a pull up.
2 Dunks per game compared to any other 2k is rare...
Old 10-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #18
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_maz_ing
Rare? I'm pretty sure young athletic players (a la Lebron, D.Rose) and good big men (Pau Gasol, Amare Stoudemire) get at least 2 dunks per game. I wouldn't call that rare.
2 per game? Go work on your math buddy.

This is from last season. How many people on that list averaged 2 per game? TWO people. So for you to say AT LEAST 2 per game just shows that you are seeing things.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/dunk-o-meter/yearly
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #19
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
No. Dunk tendency has no bearing on this issue. Dunk tendency is only for how often the CPU dunks with that player.

Issues could be

1. It isn't easy to dunk in real life. Lets put that out there first and foremost.
2. Bumping/Forced animations
3. Dunk rating of player (also dunk rating slider)
4. Dunk in traffic slider
5. Fatigue level of player.
I totally agree with you. If the guys fatigue is 60 they're not going to dunk. Change the dunk rating slider dunking isn't an issue for me.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #20
edy
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_3
don't expect nor do i want to dunk on every possession, that is not the gamestyle for me.

But if i get in the paint and there is only one player between me and the rim and he is stood directly under it, then if i choose to dunk i should be able to.
I agree with you totally, this year we should not be able to dunk when driving open and there is only one opponent player...
Old 10-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by edy
I agree with you totally, this year we should not be able to dunk when driving open and there is only one opponent player...
do you ean we should rather than should not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #22
Banned

People cant play the game and want 2k to dumb it down those other people who dumb games down . Quit crying and learn ! Its like a bunch of little girls in here. Every other post it is someone complaining. You are terrible. Accept it and get better
Old 10-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #23
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
No. Dunk tendency has no bearing on this issue. Dunk tendency is only for how often the CPU dunks with that player.

Issues could be

1. It isn't easy to dunk in real life. Lets put that out there first and foremost.
2. Bumping/Forced animations
3. Dunk rating of player (also dunk rating slider)
4. Dunk in traffic slider
5. Fatigue level of player.
Man the Bumping/Forced animations can be very brutal. I played as Chris Paul(Hornets) vs. the Clippers when he and Mo Williams were bumping so much I thought they were trying to make a baby

No homo j/s the bumping. . . it's too extreme.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakeja71
People cant play the game and want 2k to dumb it down those other people who dumb games down . Quit crying and learn ! Its like a bunch of little girls in here. Every other post it is someone complaining. You are terrible. Accept it and get better
the issue is that i have knocked it down to rookie to try and learn and the defense is still just the same.

Also i work all day long, and i play video games to unwind and relax i don't want to have to play them like they are a job too ( I feel if i master all the controls in this game then i could swipe a starting PG spot in the real nba!). I do however appreciate that there are those of you that want that realism and there is no reason why we can both have what we want with difficulty settings and sliders, but it seems not to work that way!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »