Home

Played some 2k11 today...

This is a discussion on Played some 2k11 today... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Played some 2k11 today...

Yeah that extra hesitation delay move when pressing turbo urks my nerves to the fullest. For instance I'll do an upfake and the defender will bite on it so I go to drive around him to the rim. When I press and hold turbo to speed up the drive I always do some hitch hesitation move that gives defenders time to catch up and get back into the play. This happens way too much and it is not realistic!!! Hope this can be fixed...
Old 12-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just got 2k11 today. Can you no longer download anything but official roster updates for this game through 2k Share? Everything else was empty, didn't know they stopped hosting those files. Kinda ****ty
Old 12-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #75
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have never stopped playing this gem. I actually needed some time off from the newest crack cocaine known as Skyrim.

Felt right at home with my Year 3 Heat Association. Kemba Walker was my first round pick as I used a created class for year one and a real rookie class for year 2's draft. The kid is pretty good.

This game is a classic already. A joy to still play. I reeled off 3 straight wins 2 at home then the first of a 4 game road swing. Then on the second night of a back to back I get run out of the gym by the Nuggets.

I still love you 2K11.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 05:06 AM   #76
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

2K11 is a much better game than 2K12 imo. I just don't see how people could really say 2K12 is better than 2K11. 2K let me down with 2K12, I will have to rent 2K13.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 12-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #77
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I traded in 2K11 during the summer in anticipation for 2K12, but I still have the 2K11 demo saved on my PS3. I fired it up today, but not before I fired up the 2K12 demo first. I felt it would be better to compare the two demos than a retail version of only one.

Immediately, the differences are noticed. While 2K12 does do somethings better -- post game, isomotion, return of the walking the ball animation -- 2K11 is the better overall game from a basketball standpoint as of right now. For example, if you catch a defender off balance in 2K11, you can be ensured he won't magically recover to get back into position to make a defensive play. And the ball speed on passes is night and day. I could actually get into the game mentally and make decision based on basketball principles and not video game principles.

Playing the 2K11 demo, I see why 2K attempted to make the improvements it did. I saw many instances where a defenders hand went right through the ball on what should have been an on-ball steal, so I see why 2K wanted to address the ball physics this go around.

Remember how many of us were complaining about the on-ball defense in 2K11? I was one of the most vocal ones about that. If the patch takes the defense in 2K12 back to 2K11's level, I'll consider that an improvement LOL. That's how much defense has regressed in 2K12.

If the 2K12 patch doesn't deliver, I'll be more than happy to trade it in and pick up 2K11 again. Even with its flaws, it still delivers a better basketball experience than 2K12 does.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 12-12-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #78
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

heck I am still playing 2k10 but, 2k11 is starting to sound like the better step up. I was waiting to get 2k12 after christmas

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #79
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
heck I am still playing 2k10 but, 2k11 is starting to sound like the better step up. I was waiting to get 2k12 after christmas
I actually got a used copy of 2K10 a couple of weeks ago. I'm enjoying the game, though it's not the best in the series, I still find myself enjoying it a lot. I've been also playing some 2K7 the past week and I like to go back and forth. I like 2K8 too, but I can't play it because the graphics burn my eyes (I'm not one of those who can play a game with great gameplay even if it looks like a basketball game from 1979. I just can't).

I haven't touched 2K11 in...a lot of time. I used to have it for the PC but my laptop kinda died so no more 2K11, especially with me playing on the PS3 now. When I bought 2K10, the salesperson said they also had 2K11 for the same price, but I just wanted 2K10. Don't know why, but I had to have it again.

Maybe when a used copy of 2K11 is sold here for $9.99, I'll buy it again.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #80
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I actually got a used copy of 2K10 a couple of weeks ago. I'm enjoying the game, though it's not the best in the series, I still find myself enjoying it a lot. I've been also playing some 2K7 the past week and I like to go back and forth. I like 2K8 too, but I can't play it because the graphics burn my eyes (I'm not one of those who can play a game with great gameplay even if it looks like a basketball game from 1979. I just can't).

I haven't touched 2K11 in...a lot of time. I used to have it for the PC but my laptop kinda died so no more 2K11, especially with me playing on the PS3 now. When I bought 2K10, the salesperson said they also had 2K11 for the same price, but I just wanted 2K10. Don't know why, but I had to have it again.

Maybe when a used copy of 2K11 is sold here for $9.99, I'll buy it again.
Do you have 2K12? What do you think of 2K12 compared to the games you listed?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »