Home

Differences between the 360/PS3 versions found after the patch.

This is a discussion on Differences between the 360/PS3 versions found after the patch. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Differences between the 360/PS3 versions found after the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugnificant
cpu complaints yet again? Guys just give up or wait until they announce another patch. Finding a friend to play with would be either better. Instead of 100+ guys saying they play offline only, how about you guys get a real online association and play each other.
Tee, you're seriously the most annoying guy on this forum. Just wanted to let you know that.

Also, I think Jerz may have a point.

GT: MattyBells
Old 12-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #18
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

How about this, if you don't have both systems then you have nothing positive or negative to add. All you doing is derailing the thread.

Please keep it on topic.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 12-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #19
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I have both versions, but haven't played post-patch yet. I will this weekend and report my findings.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 12-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #20
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I have both versions, but haven't played post-patch yet. I will this weekend and report my findings.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts DJ.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 12-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #21
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I can't speak for the 360, but I have it on ps3 and I am loving the new patch. The game plays a 1,000x better.

Only issues now are the non-existence of double teaming by the cpu. The fast breaks aren't a big problem like everyone says. I had over 20 fastbreak points with Orlando my last game (beat Washington 115-83 btw).

I highly doubt however that the 360 missed out on a few things the ps3 got in a patch though, but you never know I guess. It is weird that the 360 guys are complaining more than ps3 guys that's for sure, ps3 owners are out numbered by probably almost 2:1 here on OS so who knows what that's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 02:42 AM   #22
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

have played both versions extensively via a HDMI Hub connection to ASUS VE258Q LED PC Monitor - patched and unpatched to 1.04 - my thoughts:

PS3:
- Runs in lower resolution IMO
- Colors are more faint, not as glossy and shiny overall - looks more realistic actually
- Sound is INCREDIBLE on the PS3 vice the 360 via Logitech Z-5500 using fiber optic DTS
- Much easier to pull of moves using the finesse of the PS3 controller, I can pull off moves in the paint easier as well (I actually prefer the 360 controller overall for games) though for NBA 2K12, I believe the PS3 controller is easier to work with.
- I honestly believe the AI offense is more aggressive on the PS3 Version, it appears to pull off more sophisticated moves than I see on the 360.
- Better frame rate than the 360, no doubt on this, the PS3 NEVER bogs down, ever, regardless of what's taken place in the game.

360:
- Darker, bolder colors overall - appears to run in a higher resolution than the PS3.
- Less anti-aliasing issues, very noticeable compared to the PS3.
- Sound is piss poor compared to the PS3, sounds good until you play the PS3 version, which is much more immersive, clearer and more defined.
- I find it more difficult to do moves in the paint or drive to the rim in this version, the PS3 appears to me fluid in this regard. I pull off moves on the PS3 that I could never do on the 360 - and overall I hate the PS3 controller for the most part for anything thing else other than this game.
- More cartoonish looking than the PS3 - bloom effect of the 360 overdone.
- More lag during game play - exceptionally nitpicky though, both run great.
- I think the court spacing and driving to the rack is poorer on this version than the PS3.

I own the 360 version and borrowing the PS3 version, had I do it over again, I would've gone with the PS3 version. I love the audio on it, crystal clear, you can hear distinctly every single facet of the game compared to the 360 along with the commentary. I also think it runs better and looks not as good, though more realistic. Easier to control players and less weird looking shots from both the player and the AI.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:41 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have the 360 version
i felt like one game things where fixed and felt bettter but now it feels like everything went back to how it was before the patch
Old 12-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #24
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
have played both versions extensively via a HDMI Hub connection to ASUS VE258Q LED PC Monitor - patched and unpatched to 1.04 - my thoughts:

PS3:
- Runs in lower resolution IMO
- Colors are more faint, not as glossy and shiny overall - looks more realistic actually
- Sound is INCREDIBLE on the PS3 vice the 360 via Logitech Z-5500 using fiber optic DTS
- Much easier to pull of moves using the finesse of the PS3 controller, I can pull off moves in the paint easier as well (I actually prefer the 360 controller overall for games) though for NBA 2K12, I believe the PS3 controller is easier to work with.
- I honestly believe the AI offense is more aggressive on the PS3 Version, it appears to pull off more sophisticated moves than I see on the 360.
- Better frame rate than the 360, no doubt on this, the PS3 NEVER bogs down, ever, regardless of what's taken place in the game.

360:
- Darker, bolder colors overall - appears to run in a higher resolution than the PS3.
- Less anti-aliasing issues, very noticeable compared to the PS3.
- Sound is piss poor compared to the PS3, sounds good until you play the PS3 version, which is much more immersive, clearer and more defined.
- I find it more difficult to do moves in the paint or drive to the rim in this version, the PS3 appears to me fluid in this regard. I pull off moves on the PS3 that I could never do on the 360 - and overall I hate the PS3 controller for the most part for anything thing else other than this game.
- More cartoonish looking than the PS3 - bloom effect of the 360 overdone.
- More lag during game play - exceptionally nitpicky though, both run great.
- I think the court spacing and driving to the rack is poorer on this version than the PS3.

I own the 360 version and borrowing the PS3 version, had I do it over again, I would've gone with the PS3 version. I love the audio on it, crystal clear, you can hear distinctly every single facet of the game compared to the 360 along with the commentary. I also think it runs better and looks not as good, though more realistic. Easier to control players and less weird looking shots from both the player and the AI.
I agree the graphics on the ps3 version look more washe up than the colorful 360 version. This makes the ps3 version look realer. But thats not because of the patch. I doubt there's little difference but who knows? I haven't seen a ps3 guy complain a whole lot.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »