Home

Is 2k the most laziest videogame company ever?

This is a discussion on Is 2k the most laziest videogame company ever? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #9

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Is 2k the most laziest videogame company ever?

No, and if you really think they are, you probably need to find more games than NBA 2k12.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
It's either they are lazy....or they promise too much. I'd rather go with the latter.
I'd say both yes and no. The website stuff I agree with you, they bit more off than they could chew it seems. I wouldn't say the same regarding the Art updates; I think the jury's still out with that. We're barely two weeks into the season after a much abbreviated preseason and a regular season that started over the week we had two major holidays. I wouldn't point to modders as being some standard; I've reason the same community of PC modders try to label Bethesda as lazy because of what they've done to optimize the PC performance of Skyrim. Or flat-out call them lazy because they consider the game bug-riddled. But that's another topic.

Unfortunately a lot of gamers here can't see the forest through the trees. This silly thread is a perfect example of someone being ridiculously short-sighted, focusing on the few things he perceives 2K got or did wrong instead of the many things they've done right.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #11

Suntan Superman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Unfortunately a lot of gamers here can't see the forest through the trees. This silly thread is a perfect example of someone being ridiculously short-sighted, focusing on the few things he perceives 2K got or did wrong instead of the many things they've done right.
c'mon man, you can't be positive and stuff, it just makes you a fanboy. (But really, people do focus on the negative a lot here) (and by a lot, I mean all the time)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

And not a single patch for the PC version yet...
Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'd say both yes and no. The website stuff I agree with you, they bit more off than they could chew it seems. I wouldn't say the same regarding the Art updates; I think the jury's still out with that. We're barely two weeks into the season after a much abbreviated preseason and a regular season that started over the week we had two major holidays. I wouldn't point to modders as being some standard; I've reason the same community of PC modders try to label Bethesda as lazy because of what they've done to optimize the PC performance of Skyrim. Or flat-out call them lazy because they consider the game bug-riddled. But that's another topic.

Well said, Spankdat. Too many people crying, moaning and complaining about a few fringe NBA players, wash-up veterans and unproven rookies. We're only two weeks into a compressed season and people already want ratings updates. Why? It is entirely too small of a sample size to start decreasing and increasing the ratings of players. And as far as art modding is concerned, it's a console first so I'm sure it is a little more completed than on the PC. I just like that they will eventually add something that has never been done before and hopefully will include missing players not on the game disc.

The answer to this stupid question is no, though. These guys put in serious work hours, so they need a vacation and some time to relax. I'm sure that was during these last 3 weeks. I'm also sure that the lockout, abbreviated free-agency and compressed season (schedule) have also complicated matters.

Note: SimBaller, Beluba & other VC team member, if your reading this please don't take all the constant whining and complaining as how the majority feel. Although, it does have flaws, like every other game in the series, 2K12 is a quality title and we understand what constraints y'all were put under by the unfortunate (and unnecessary) lockout.

Thanks for all the hardwork and don't take these threads or posts serious. Most casuals don't care about what's being complained about, and reasonable fans understand this is all a process.

from Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 01-07-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

They're not lazy. They do do a lot with each installment.

It's their marketing department that's absolutely God awful.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Are 2k customers the whiniest video game customers ever?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Stop the presses! Hold your horses! (And any of exclamatory cliches you can think of)

To get my Stephen A. Smith on for a second, I cannot sit here and let this question come out of your mouth, OP, without saying this: This is the most ridiculous question I have ever read in reference to NBA 2K12.

To call or imply that 2K is the laziest video game company is asinine and idiotic, and as much as I female-dogged and moaned about the problems I had with 2K12, I have to defend their honor on this particular occasion.

Now, I don't know how old you are, but I'm going to assume you're too young to know the legacy and impact that 2K has made in the sports video game genre over the past decade. They have been, by far, the most innovative sports gaming developer out there. They scared the industry so much that other game companies, who shall remain nameless, did what they could to block them from continuing to make some of their franchises that were well on their way to surpassing the status quo. When was the last time you saw a business strategize so hard against another business that they perceived as lazy?
Well, I'm not exactly young, I've been a loyal 2k customer since the 1st dreamcast game, and I agree with you with all the stuff about impact and everything. But that doesn't give 2k the right to treat customers this way.

My main problem is that we are a group of 30 friends who always buy the game to play our custom online league since years , we have our own roster, with salaries, trades and all that stuff.

2k just screwed us this year removing online leagues, and on top of that they lied in the OA association insight saying that private OA would allow us to customize almost everything in the league. And you know what? You can't customize ANYTHING , not a single option besides promoting/kicking users so no sliders, no resetting games, NOTHING.

3 months later we are still waiting for the website, for the rosters, for the admin options that they promised and the most frustrating part is the lack of communication. They don't say a word about these issues. And you still want me to praise 2k or what?

They lied and they are being lazy, if you don't see that I'm sorry but you must be a fanboy.

Last edited by kingg d; 01-07-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »