Home

Is 2k the most laziest videogame company ever?

This is a discussion on Is 2k the most laziest videogame company ever? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is 2k the most laziest videogame company ever?

I'm totally serious and I want to know people's opinion about this.

a couple of facts

-More of 3 months later , the nba2k.com online association website isn't available and it doesn't look like it will be ever

-2k can't even get the full nba roster, it looks like they are going to need another 1 or 2 months to get the full roster, guys like Chirs Johnson have been missing for MORE THAN 1 YEAR

-After weeks waiting for a roster update that came today, I create an online association and I find that the update isn't working there. WTF??

-As I was expecting no art updates, no sig shot updates , no rating boosts/decreases

-I'm still waiting for the online association admin options that 2k PROMISED in the OA insight, simple things like resetting games, sliders. Once again they lied.

-Last year they screwed online league users by completely removing the FA script instead of FIXING IT, same with My player and another game modes. If something work bad, FIX IT, don't go the easy route and delete it

I probably could say somo more things, feel free to add things and share your frustrations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is 2k the most laziest videogame company ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingg d
-2k can't even get the full nba roster, it looks like they are going to need another 1 or 2 months to get the full roster, guys like Chirs Johnson have been missing for MORE THAN 1 YEAR

This annoys me.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

It's either they are lazy....or they promise too much. I'd rather go with the latter.

The website stuff is amateur hour at its finest...so I am guessing they simply can't do it / promoted it before they checked they could do it.

Same with the "If Dirk cuts his hair in real life, you'll see it in the game" type lines......and then nothing gets released when guys shave their heads / grow beards etc.

At this point, they just need to pull back the whole PR stuff a bit IMO. It's pretty clear they promise stuff they don't know how to deliver / can't deliver.

I doubt they are "lazy"...
Old 01-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

Chris Johnson not being in the game really makes no sense considering he was in the NBA last year. Maybe it is some sort of inside joke and this is done on purpose. It really is sad that a game/company that has so much potential really drops the ball with two key parts of the game. Roster Management (ratings and tendencies more than movement) and the online portion. It is really sad man.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
Banned

Well 2k i am done with you crap you call a game, clay pigeon shooting with your game sounds like alot of fun. I sure hope easports is reading all this stuff, and brings out a game that will put these jokers on their knees.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
It's either they are lazy....or they promise too much. I'd rather go with the latter.

The website stuff is amateur hour at its finest...so I am guessing they simply can't do it / promoted it before they checked they could do it.

Same with the "If Dirk cuts his hair in real life, you'll see it in the game" type lines......and then nothing gets released when guys shave their heads / grow beards etc.

At this point, they just need to pull back the whole PR stuff a bit IMO. It's pretty clear they promise stuff they don't know how to deliver / can't deliver.

I doubt they are "lazy"...
Well put

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Chris Johnson not being in the game really makes no sense considering he was in the NBA last year. Maybe it is some sort of inside joke and this is done on purpose. It really is sad that a game/company that has so much potential really drops the ball with two key parts of the game. Roster Management (ratings and tendencies more than movement) and the online portion. It is really sad man.
Yeah I really don't get it, is there some sort of paperwork he needs to file or what?
Old 01-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwf32
Well 2k i am done with you crap you call a game, clay pigeon shooting with your game sounds like alot of fun. I sure hope easports is reading all this stuff, and brings out a game that will put these jokers on their knees.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Stop the presses! Hold your horses! (And any of exclamatory cliches you can think of)

To get my Stephen A. Smith on for a second, I cannot sit here and let this question come out of your mouth, OP, without saying this: This is the most ridiculous question I have ever read in reference to NBA 2K12.

To call or imply that 2K is the laziest video game company is asinine and idiotic, and as much as I female-dogged and moaned about the problems I had with 2K12, I have to defend their honor on this particular occasion.

Now, I don't know how old you are, but I'm going to assume you're too young to know the legacy and impact that 2K has made in the sports video game genre over the past decade. They have been, by far, the most innovative sports gaming developer out there. They scared the industry so much that other game companies, who shall remain nameless, did what they could to block them from continuing to make some of their franchises that were well on their way to surpassing the status quo. When was the last time you saw a business strategize so hard against another business that they perceived as lazy?

Last edited by Mos1ted; 01-07-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »