Home

NBA 2K13 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2k13 Impressions Thread

Playing the Lakers vs Celtics in Boston and just had a play where Howard was trying to go around Garnett for an Off Reb and Howard basically just threw Garnett to the ground and was called for the foul. Game just keeps getting better and better. So much to try and take in and its simply amazing
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Here's Barnes getting called for a foul trying to fight through a pic by Bass.

So much is right about this game right out the box

Might add the PP is lighting it up

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1348967090233.jpg (66.2 KB, 2375 views)

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 09-29-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

the soundtrack is great, players really play similar to real life. played a game against the hornets, and anthony davis was getting some nice blocks, best bball game i've ever played, maybe the best sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just popped it in my first impression is you can no longer turn off auto save.

Looking through Association mode. Notice under Team Budget. They finally implemented a Tax Level at $70.31m. However there is still a hard cap at $90.00M there is no hard cap in the real NBA. Im the Lakers and there salary is set at $99.17M. I don't know why they keep this hard cap thing when there is no 90m hard cap in the NBA hence why the Lakers are able to spend 99 million.

I also can't find the D-League anywhere it looks like that has been completely removed from the game in Association mode.

As of now im not even sure why this tax level is even in I just tried the Bulls just to see if they wouldn't let me sign someone to the full MLE since im over the tax. Still can use the Full $5.76m MLE when over the tax. In real life teams over the tax can only use 3 million called the mini MLE. So as of now not sure why it even shows the Tax level under the team budget. Might have just put that in there just to say they updated the CBA rules when it really serves no purpose.

Creating a Legend mode lets you start one with any legend player now pretty sure you weren't allowed to last year just current players. I played a game with the 85 Jordan and was in the starting line up right off the bat on Bulls. You get the coaches messages during game like My player. No press conferences like in my player. Its pretty much like last year. You buy attributes with the SP you are awarded through out the game.

You can buy the new signature skills. However in this mode you already have the sig skills you came in with, but you can buy new ones. Also every skill has 3 levels which I didn't know about. Like Spot up shooter costs 1500sp for level 1. Level 2 requires 80 shot medium or 85 3pt and costs 4500sp. Level 2 requires 95 medium or 95 3pt and costs 9500sp.

The other new thing in creating a legend I notice is "Legends training Camps". Which I assume is also in My Career.

Also the gametrack feature where you can check replays of every score of the game you just finished seems much more cleaner this year.

Last edited by ghettog; 09-29-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Something that a lot of you will take notice is when/when not to contest shots especially when the opponent is driving to the basket. Calls are called as accurate as I've ever seen in ANY bball game to date. Seems like superstars really get calls. As in real life driving and trying to make contact to get to the line actually happens in this game. LBJ is so physical in this game that he gets calls like no other, B. Griffin is another who gets calls that I've noticed.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Sorry to keep popping in like this but I can't help it. Some of the talk that players are saying on the court during play is amazing. CP3 just had a running floater in the lane and you hear Kobe yell because he missed the block. Another one was when Kobe got the ball down low on the block and Griffin yells out "I Got Ball"

Some Amazing Shizznick we have here

Another thing that is funny is me having Gasol guard B. Griffin. Not gonna even begin to tell ya what Griffins stats look like after 1 qtr

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 09-29-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #15
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Finally got the go ahead and post...picked up the game earlier tonight.

Shout out BChizzzzz...

BEST 2K game TO-DATE!!!!

You think the demo is good....jussssst wait til' you get your paws on this....I will be taking the Chicago Bulls very far this season!

FLIGHTWHITE has it correct - the chatter in this game is so realistic...the fouls are actually respectable this year...just crazy.

The only thing I have noticed right away is that the graphics have slipped this year...not too much, just enough to notice....but, the better gameplay, fluidity, etc makes up for it 10-fold!!!!!!

Also, I know most have seen it, but the Game Intro Video is the best I've ever seen in any video game...why, because it's actual gameplay...WELL-put together 2K.

More impressions to come...I have the next 2 days off so I will be ALL OVER this game the next couple days....
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X

Last edited by Tommyklaid; 09-29-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Where do I start?

First off, the gameplay is AMAZING! So life-like and so fluid. The demo does not do the retail version any justice. The computer AI is so smart that it leaves me speechless at times. At one moment, I was the Bulls playing against the Nets, and Deron had succesfully run this pick and roll to perfection against me by hitting the roll man at the right time. When he tried to run it again, I was going to cheese and jump the play since I thought i knew he was going to hit Kris Humphries on the roll. So i played under the screen and Deron gathered as if he was about to pull up so i ran out to contest the shot. He jumped into a shooting motion and PASSED the ball in mid air to humphries underneath the goal who i had just left unattended. It was BEAUTIFUL!!

There is no way to cheese. Not one way. In fact, it almost seems like cheesers get penalized. Most flops either leave you playing 4 on 5 or with a blocking foul being called against the flopper. Hop step into the lane if you want to! You will lose the ball or badly miss the shot. Same goes for the spin dunk. No insane speed bursts by the defense on fast breaks. Reaching fouls are called so frequently that you almost just want to play D with just your feet. Over-dribble and the ball will get ripped.

As for controls, i know i stated that i hated them during the demo. But you guys were right. Once i went to training camp and thoroughly learned the controls, i shook my head at how easy everything really was as opposed to just wiggling the right stick. The shot stick makes so much sense now and i love it. I would recommend every to complete the training camp. you also unlock a pair of shoes upon completion.

Speaking of shoes, i know we all checked out the dev insight on the shoes. But i don't think it did any justice to how great the shoe creator really is. Sneakerheads went from pennies to hitting the jackpot with this feature. I've spent hours recreating my favorite shoes. Such a tease that i couldn't put them on my myplayer (since i didn't have a sponsor yet. So realistic)

MyCareer is amazing. You start out with nothing. No accessories, no good looking shoes (you start out with some ugly 2k brand shoes that would have the Shaqs looking like gold lol) The fact that you have to work for everything adds to the longevity. The only drawback to this mode is that the CAP feature is completely untouched. In fact, the player models in the whole game as a whole seem like they took a step down even though some players were completely upgraded.

I could go on and on about this game because it is that good. Definitely the best bball game ever made. Until you play, you just wont have an idea. Its such a different feel that it almost feels like a completely brand new game.

I've been in the dog house with my girlfriend for the last 2 days and i couldn't be any happier. Trying to stay in the dog house is my goal lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »