Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
The name of the signature skill is "It's me, Kobe".
It's called "On Court Coach", but nice try.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #434
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcass10
Anyone else having an issue of scoring too many points?

I'm playing with the Bucks on All Star and the team is averaging about 120 points per game, with me only averaging like 10. Dalembert is legitimately shooting like 70 percent from the field, same with Gooden.

I was playing 10 minutes quarters and switched it to 8, but it didnt seem to make a huge difference. My next attempt is to up it to Superstar or Hall of Fame. Anyone else having this issue?
I play on the Thunder and we are likewise tearing up the league. Currently 17-1 (only loss being the first game of the season) and averaging 123 PPG. Durant is leading the league in scoring 32 PPG with Westbrook adding 24 PPG. Other teams are dong well too, as 15 teams are averaging over 100 PPG and the Twolves are averaging 112 PPG.

There appears to be no "Clutch Factor" in this game, as the other team will go into a press defense when down, but they don't start scoring crazy catch up points as in 2K12. Overall I am having a good time with this game, especially after the 2K12 expereince. It is also great to see the stars on your team play as themselves instead of becoming slugs as in 2K12.

Also, of note, my scoring PG finally cracked the starting lineup at game 18 at the SG position. It seems that Westbrook and I pretty much share equal time between PG and SG. Team chemistry is so good now that I almost wish I could go to the GM and request a perminant positional change to SG. We will see what happens if at some point I take the starting PG spot.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #435
Rookie

OVR: 5

Has anyone seen a trade happen in their league yet that they didn't request? If so, how was it? I'm afraid that the AI is going to break up our big three of my SG, Kemba and MKG to trade for some random old veteran like in past years and I won't be able to stop it since we can't make back up saves.

I really wish they'd just have the GM come to you and give you veto powers over any trade. Not super realistic but it would fix any potential problems there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #436
Rookie

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
Which Sig skill is that?
Here someone else already answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBetter
It's called "On Court Coach", but nice try.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #437
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

Icon4 Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

I just got called for 'over the back' and my teammate's basket counted
Old 10-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #438
Rookie

OVR: 10
Anyone have a good shot form/base for Centers? I've been looking but can't find one.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #439
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
Did he ask you for your choice of team or did u demand it? Ethier way tho after I gave them my 3 teams I hit key game which sim a few games and then of sudden I Was in the gm office and he told me I was trade

I'm talking about how I want a player on my team traded. I play for the Cavs and I want Irving traded because I'm a PG and I'm only 6'3, so I would be an undersized SG. I feel like I would flourish with a big man and not another PG. I told my GM that I had a problem with Irving and that it was either him or me that was getting traded. He pushed it off. Sorry, I should've been more clear.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #440
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Got my first double double in my 6th game(playing key games) in 23 mins against Clippers.

Got Pass, Ball Handling, Offhand Dribble, Free Throw, on-Ball D to 80. I got Steal to 74. I will get that to 80, then get Speed and Quickness to 90. I maxed Stamina because I would get EXTREMELY tired in the 4th Q. I also bought the Stamina Sig Skill, so I wont get tired in the 1st Q.

One part of my game I have to work on is limiting TOs. I dont really get them swiped even though I havent touch Ball Security, I make bad decisions(doing bounce passes when I should do a regular pass) or they get tipped in air.

I need to either get my Speed, Quickness, Ball Handling/Off Hand Dribble, and SIT up or get my shooting up. I need to be a more aggressive scorer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »