Home

Virtual Currency frustration

This is a discussion on Virtual Currency frustration within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #145
Rookie

JaYcLoBBeRiNgEm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Virtual Currency frustration

My thing is, the NBA Stars should already be unlocked on blacktop. Now I understand My Team, but blacktop?

Guess I will have to play online all time from now on lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 03:59 AM   #146
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

We should earn much more money from online games. I suggest 500 VC per game (if you win). Right now I'm at 7th seed in MyTeam, and my team salary is 100VC, meaning I only earn 150 a game. THAT'S BARELY ANYTHING (and I have all bronze level players with 4 of them having a sig skill). I'm basically forced to try to exploit the game to get VC from other means (I haven't played more than 2 MyPlayer games because of the play vision glitch) and I haven't made an association for a long time.

That and reduce the damn prices of things.

Other games that have micro transactions like Uncharted 3 make it easy to acquire new weapons by buying them, but getting them in game is just a matter of playing a couple games. It seems like 2k is trying t force us into buying VC because just playing the game to get it is far too long
Old 10-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #147
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

You should get more when you win, simple as that. +10 is it?

I don't mind the grind for VC, because all I use it for is MyTeam and MyPlayer for online blacktop. I wouldn't buy any accessories, clothes, etc. until you got your player where you want him. IMO the best way to have fun and get VC is play 3v3 blacktop. You get 160 if you win and the games only last 15 minutes or so.

I enjoy the grind though. I don't like being able to max out my player when the game hasn't even been out a week.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
So it doesn't convert back?

Wow that sucks.

Yesterday I was playing and was disconnected, I knew that I wouldn't be getting VC since I know it goes into the servers to save how much VC you have. So I just turned my xbox off right there not to risk it.

Looks like if you disconnect while playing myplayer just turn off your xbox. (unless it is saving and then by then you are too late.)
The best thing to do if you get disconnected is immediatly pause the game and try to reconnect. I've done that a couple of times and it worked perfectly fine for me. I think it checks your live status after every quarter but I'm not sure but i know after every quarter my downloads stop which usually happens when it goes live.

~Three Said That~
Old 10-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #149
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
It is insane that you have to pay like 20 bucks for a pair of VIRTUAL earrings. Hell, I paid that much for mine in REAL LIFE!
Lmao. Thanks for the laugh.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #150
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Seems to me that 2K is going along with the EA Madden mindset: "LOL! No competition AT ALL for three years running?! LMAO! Let's do the Madden thing in a similar way they do Ultimate Team, but make this thing called Virtual Currency. Yo, dawg, you know how our consumers love player accessories? Let's add different 'thangs' in Virtual Currency and give them an option to spend their hard earned money on silly things like shoe strings, wrinkles on player headbands, ripples on their wristbands and long shorts that are tight in the behind with the possibility of seeing a player's butt crack. That be nice, yo. Our customers will be handing us money for those monster features, mane!"

Oh lawd. I'm glad I've maintained the willpower to hold out so far this year (trust me, it won't last and I'll end up getting it at $35-$40) Yes, I realize that I'm going to get flamed and welcome all the e-shotguns that are about to be verbally pumped. I miss the days when there were 3-4 football games, and 3-4 basketball games (2K, Live, Sony's game (Shootout?) and Microsoft's game -- NBA Inside Drive). Selection and choices.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't blame 2k for giving an option to buy VC points I blame the people actually buying it

''I'm Just laughin To the Bank All you do is ''Giggle''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #152
MVP

OVR: 19

THe VC system is a nice concept. they do give you 2 options. You can buy eveyrthing outright or you can earn it if you put time into the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »