Home

The Official "OS Trade Finder" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "OS Trade Finder" Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #4001
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Official "OS Trade Finder" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizness x1
i think in order to take the next step, horford has to be traded with a stat line of 16, 9, and 1 block is only above average (he's playing a career high 37 minutes so it's a little above what he actually does). not a franchise player. trade him for a true center or a young sf, (pushes smith to stay at pf down low where he's best), then with cap space can get howard, or the many guard that are hitting the open market which is why i didn't say trade for a guard
Interesting concept. However, I do feel Horfords game suffers because he has to play the 5 right now. I think Horford may be hard to move because his long contract. Also, along with him only taking 13.3fga (and having a 53.7%), Horford has been doing stunningly bad on free throws this year (60 compared to his 74% career), which also makes him lose a few points.

Also, after a little bit of looking, I don't see much of a fit for Horford, as the only teams that need a PF are the 76ers, Bucks, and Celtics(wouldn't take long contract).

What are your thoughts on the two trades before though?

Jazz

Paul Millsap and Raja Bell
for
Evan Turner and Dorell Wright
-don't see this as super fair, and i think it kind of clogs up the Jazz, but Wright is a one year contract. Thoughts?

Monta Ellis, Luc Richard Mbah A Moute, Edpe Udoh
for
Paul Millsap, Marvin Williams, Alec Burks
-Personally my favorite, really allows the Bucks a post presence, and some cap space to but together players next to Jennings, Mllsap, Sanders.
-Jazz get a player that really helps their backcourt, and a defensive SF/PF.

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 02-13-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #4002
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatownpwnage
Interesting concept. However, I do feel Horfords game suffers because he has to play the 5 right now. I think Horford may be hard to move because his long contract. Also, along with him only taking 13.3fga (and having a 53.7%), Horford has been doing stunningly bad on free throws this year (60 compared to his 74% career), which also makes him lose a few points.

Also, after a little bit of looking, I don't see much of a fit for Horford, as the only teams that need a PF are the 76ers, Bucks, and Celtics(wouldn't take long contract).

i did a hawks association once and i trade horford, williams, and my 1st's for 3 years for monroe and maggette. unrealistic but i gave up 3 1st's to offset the deal. It was for the emergence of drummond putting horford at pf at the pistons (made the playoffs first year) and williams made stuckey trade bait who was moved for shawn marion mid season. they then ended up draft cody zeller by trading both their first (like 16/21) for the 9th where zeller dropped. so it seemed bad at first by they are stacked now

But the gortat trade is nice if the hawks don't think they can sign anyone and want to wait a year. although i couldn't bring myself to trade morrow, sooooooo fun to use.

smith trade depends on that sac 1st, if that isn't projected in the top 7ish i wouldn't do it
Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #4003
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Quote:
i did a hawks association once and i trade horford, williams, and my 1st's for 3 years for monroe and maggette. unrealistic but i gave up 3 1st's to offset the deal. It was for the emergence of drummond putting horford at pf at the pistons (made the playoffs first year) and williams made stuckey trade bait who was moved for shawn marion mid season. they then ended up draft cody zeller by trading both their first (like 16/21) for the 9th where zeller dropped. so it seemed bad at first by they are stacked now

But the gortat trade is nice if the hawks don't think they can sign anyone and want to wait a year. although i couldn't bring myself to trade morrow, sooooooo fun to use.

smith trade depends on that sac 1st, if that isn't projected in the top 7ish i wouldn't do it
Haha ok nice to hear both good. I believe the Sac pick is top 10 protection for next two years, then becomes less protected every year after that.

Can you look at the two Jazz trades i just edited on the last post?
Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #4004
Rookie

Quote:

Jazz

Paul Millsap and Raja Bell
for
Evan Turner and Dorell Wright
-don't see this as super fair, and i think it kind of clogs up the Jazz, but Wright is a one year contract. Thoughts?

Monta Ellis, Luc Richard Mbah A Moute, Edpe Udoh
for
Paul Millsap, Marvin Williams, Alec Burks
-Personally my favorite, really allows the Bucks a post presence, and some cap space to but together players next to Jennings, Mllsap, Sanders.
-Jazz get a player that really helps their backcourt, and a defensive SF/PF.
first one is a hell of a deal for the jazz, they need to give up a 1st at least. turner was the 2nd pick just 2 years ago

2nd one on pretty good, but the bucks are high on mbah, an amazing underrated defender, one of the few who can gaurd every position, switch in gooden (best option) or ilyasova. millsap and williams can walk in FA and if they do it's your starting 2 and 3 and a lottery pick still on his rookie deal for burks. and yes it'd clear cap space but ellis is on a 2 year deal and mbah is getting paid only 4 mil, that's a good deal and udoh who is also on two but for decent money. you typically only trade for cap space if you have bad contracts, hence the hawks this summer or the gay deal this year (even though gay was not that overpaid, owners wanted to out of lux tax)
Old 02-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #4005
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Quote:
first one is a hell of a deal for the jazz, they need to give up a 1st at least. turner was the 2nd pick just 2 years ago

2nd one on pretty good, but the bucks are high on mbah, an amazing underrated defender, one of the few who can gaurd every position, switch in gooden (best option) or ilyasova. millsap and williams can walk in FA and if they do it's your starting 2 and 3 and a lottery pick still on his rookie deal for burks. and yes it'd clear cap space but ellis is on a 2 year deal and mbah is getting paid only 4 mil, that's a good deal and udoh who is also on two but for decent money. you typically only trade for cap space if you have bad contracts, hence the hawks this summer or the gay deal this year (even though gay was not that overpaid, owners wanted to out of lux tax)
On the Evan turner note, I feel he has lost of that rookie potential, and he needs a place to really be able to control the ball compared to the PG. I knew it wasn't fair, so I put the notes haha. But a first sounds like it can make it even, we'll see if I pull the trigger.

I'm leaning toward the second trade if I have a jazz trade, which I feel like I really I will be doing a hawks and jazz trade at least, because I plan for Paul millsap to resign. I do like replacing luc with probably gooden cause if Marvin doesn't resign there's always luc. Furthermore, with some of these teams, freeing cap space is the bonus to make the trade more fair, for example skill wise and potential wise the trades may to be even, but the new cap space is a chance to sign someone that can make the trade more fair. New cap room is always better, no matter rebuilding, competing, contending.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #4006
Rookie

Quote:
On the Evan turner note, I feel he has lost of that rookie potential, and he needs a place to really be able to control the ball compared to the PG. I knew it wasn't fair, so I put the notes haha. But a first sounds like it can make it even, we'll see if I pull the trigger.

I'm leaning toward the second trade if I have a jazz trade, which I feel like I really I will be doing a hawks and jazz trade at least, because I plan for Paul millsap to resign. I do like replacing luc with probably gooden cause if Marvin doesn't resign there's always luc. Furthermore, with some of these teams, freeing cap space is the bonus to make the trade more fair, for example skill wise and potential wise the trades may to be even, but the new cap space is a chance to sign someone that can make the trade more fair. New cap room is always better, no matter rebuilding, competing, contending.
yea you're right on the cap space. i think you may have misunderstood me. i was just trying to say you aren't going to trade away a good contract for cap space, you trade the bad ones. and the gooden contract is worse than mbah's.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #4007
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm looking to start a Bulls franchise but want to make a couple of moves before the season. I want to bring both danny green and josh smith to chicago. Any ideas on some realistic trades to make this happen? Rose and Noah are really the only ones untouchable.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #4008
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Quote:
yea you're right on the cap space. i think you may have misunderstood me. i was just trying to say you aren't going to trade away a good contract for cap space, you trade the bad ones. and the gooden contract is worse than mbah's.
agreed, I just wasn't sure if the trade would be fair with Gooden instead of Moute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »