Home

NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #1073
Rookie

Damian Zero's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Wishlist Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Or could sign an endorsement contract with one shoe company and when that one end, sign with another. They could have bidding wars over your endorsement, offer perks, etc.
But its the same problem for me, and other im sure. Im not one to care about contracts and shoe endorsements, and I don't care what superstar is signed to which brand. I just want to be able to wear whatever shoes I want. See what I mean?
Old 09-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #1074
Rookie

miamifan1997's Arena

OVR: 8

Anyone seen that screenshot of Live, looking out into the arena from the tunnel? If they could add minor things like that, or taking your player or a team and walking from the locker room and out into the arena, even taking warm-ups while the stands fill up. That is the type of thing they need to add. Make it feel more real and spend some time on the fans/atmosphere and how the arenas actually feel in real life. That would completely sell me. Getting a MyCareer mode to be as much of an RPG as possible is legitimately my dream.
NHL - Bruins
NCAAF and NCAAB - UCF!!!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #1075
Rookie

the 1970s do not get enough love in this game. I would cherish the ability to play as the Warriors with Rick Barry and have a teammate rating. The reverse of this could work with the 77 Blazers. I would also love the ability to play as Wilt in his prime instead of on the lakers when he was holding back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #1076
Rookie

http://a.espncdn.com/i/editorial/200...y_bird_157.jpg

the jerseys in the 70s and 80s were like this on the shoulders instead NBA 2K has the jerseys from those days looking like the old 76ers teams with allen iverson

http://community.mis.temple.edu/phil...01/iverson.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...27/NBA2K13.jpg
Old 09-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #1077
Rookie

1. Blazers red 80s jerseys were the best version of their awesome 80's jersey's
2. Big red from the 70s bill walton would be fun to play as in his prime
3. could their be an option to change whole sale the default color of a team's shoes? because the sixers, clippers and pistons have the same colors but only one of those teams ever wears white shoes on the road.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #1078
Rookie

the fast break needs to be revamped because far too often teams go for the corners when they are not three point shooters at all and should just be running straight ahead to the basket.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #1079
Rookie

1. one more thing more sonics jerseys and teams like the x-man, tom chambers, dale ellis, jack sikma and more nuggets and teams like David Thompson, Bobby jones, dan issel and alex english, kiki vandeweighe.

2. could we please be able to turn off auto save

3. for every throwback jersey can their be a home and away option?

4. Can the Create a Team have a shorts option and a top option for the sleeve type, i.e., a create a team having long shorts with the shoulder pads of the iverson era sixers vs a team having shorter shorts and less jersey sleeve like the 80s Celtics.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #1080
Just started!

I feel like Association Mode never gets really looked into as much as it should.

1. I feel like you should be able to determine rotation a little differently and more efficiently. The categories should definitely be more in depth. For example, I'm a couple years into my association with the Cavs. We're coming off of back to back championships, I pick up T-Mac and Shannon Brown in free agency. Now yes, they're both "Role Players" but T-Mac's role is different than Shannon's. Why can't that be reflected? Coupled with this.. maybe even throw in 10 day contracts for injuries throughout the season. That's part of the real nba's landscape.. so why can't we explore that in Association mode?

2. The whole process of acquiring players/draft picks/staff is all out of wack. Granted, I know there's only so much you can do in a video game, but it'd be nice if when I was getting ready to draft a player I knew more about him then 2K currently provides. Maybe.. how many years at college did the kid play? What was his team's records? Did he win a national championship? Make the final four? What was his role on his team as a college player? These are things I think that would make the Draft in 2K's association worth sitting through denying very bad trade offers. Same goes for coaches. Some of the coaches I can name so I know what they do, but if the goal is to make me feel like a GM in Association mode.. then I should be able to know what style of play does this coach plan on implementing? What's his coaching record? Is he an authority figure or a player's coach? At the very least.. let me view his coaching profile (which all coaches on 2K have) before I hire him? Isn't this something my NBA Scout should be able to do?

3. The trade logic from what I hear in 2K14 is going to improve but I think player logic should improve during that as well. If you started for the Raptors who barely made the playoffs, for example, and we (the Cavs, back-to-back champs) just traded for you.. you're not starting for my team.. the player should understand that. It's ironic that as a MyPlayer I can meet with my GM, but in association as a GM.. I have no interaction at all with the players, the coaches, or anything of that sort. It's as if the players have no understanding that if the guy in front of you is one of the best in the league at his position then you're not starting. And just for kicks.. why have the option to do multiple team trades if nobody really ever does them in game. I've been through countless years in association and It's amazing how you can do multiple team trades, but rarely are they ever done if I'm not the one initiating it.

I mean I could go one for days... and i know some of this probably can't happen. But I think we can all agree that something needs to happen.. Association Mode has been the same for a while with really no changes. For those of us who don't do MyPlayer as much, to watch that mode rise up in such a short time and see Association mode really regress.. it's disheartening. At least for me.. but oh well. Here's to hoping either Live or 2K14 can give me an Association mode/Dynasty Mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »