Home

Next Gen 2k (what do you want)

This is a discussion on Next Gen 2k (what do you want) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
Rookie

Ondulado_Shores's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Next Gen 2k (what do you want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaky McFloorburn
I want it all; money, fast cars
Diamond rings, gold chains and champagne
****, everydamn thing
I want it all; houses, expenses
My own business, a truck, hmm, and a couple o' Benz's
I want it all; brand new socks and drawls
And I'm ballin everytime I stop and talk to y'all
Lml that song is chill.
- Sweat on players
- Halftime show with Analysis
- Weekly top ten plays for association
- Its a stretch but incorporate Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless
- Have announcers give in depth analysis on the game. Like what they notice each team is doing. Like if they are pushing the tempo more often etc.
- lastly home and away accessory options
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

quick roster updates with rating changes not every other week
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Justin Bieber in next-gen HD.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

All I want is better defense and ROSTER UPDATES.

And updating Jeremy Lin by -1 3pt rating is not a real update! C'mon 2k!!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

hahaha...still laughing at you dropping the mic. non specifically? keep improving your replication of the sport. Immerse us more. Continue to make it feel like real hoops.

Specifically?
1. Defensive Options, we need these BIG TIME and more balanced gameplay
2. A separate online game space for casual and hardcore players
3. Make it Seamless! SONY stepped up big-time by resolving the holy grail of sports gaming (view game/broadcast game) not to mention save game issues FOR YOU. Their focus is making it user-friendly. Going online and playing a completely different game is soooo last gen. So is not letting us automatically bring playbooks, camera angles and everything else we prefer. Online Profiles FTW.
4. More Strategy, no more maxxing coach options out to no affect. Crash boards and run out on fast breaks? come now...
5. Better Physics. I saw a one million item animation last night. The pressure to eliminate bad animations, sliding and bumping just went through the roof.
6. Classic Teams Lobby. Adds to replayability.
7. Crew. I dont play it but many do. embrace the social. its also the right thing to do.

Finally, I think you guys at 2K can pull it off. You're the one sports developer I trust and I think you guys GET IT. I've retired from all the rest of these subpar sports games out there. To me either you'll do it--or no one will. No pressure tho *wink!*

Last edited by Kushmir; 02-21-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 23

- Foot planting... No more sliding... With the added power of these new systems this should be achievable...

- Physics... Everything needs to be driven by physics, NOT animations... Never see the same thing twice (ie - Backbreaker)

- Build on the great presentation... Mimic real life broadcasts, not "2k broadcasts"... Having different overlays for TNT, ESPN and NBA TV games would be cool

I'm sure I could think of plenty more... I'll post some more thoughts later.

I love most of what I'm seeing from everyone else though. Nice work fellas.

psn - CeeGee
Old 02-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
Banned

LD2k, any news on that dunk session you guys had last month? How did it go? Who was the mystery person? How many new dunks are we expected to see in this years upcoming game? Will the dunks be able to be blocked as often as in nba 2k11? Fill us in please. thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
Pro

I'd love if 2k would rebuild a lot of the basic game mechanics instead of simply making the current game a bit more shiny and high-def.

A few other points:

1) Less focus on the sheer quantity of moves and animations, instead concentrate on maybe less variety but implement a better collision logic and defensive counters for every flashy offensive move.

2) Rosters finally based on actual real-life stats instead of whatever they're doing right now. There have been a few attempts to do this by the community already, so it would be great if 2k would convert advanced statistics directly into ratings and tendencies. You can't argue with reality, so if rosters are based on the real thing, what is there to criticise?

3) Finally fix play execution for CPU teams. Give us a usage%-system that actuall works without scripting involved as well as the AI finally using every play assigned to a team instead of the mess we have right now. Won't buy 2k14 if they won't fix this huge mess.

4) Association needs an overhaul in terms of generated players and AI roster management. The issue has been beaten to death already, so I won't repeat what everybody knows.

5) In 2k12 we had the "abilities"-menu for players where we could finetune the effectiveness of various offensive moves for each player individually.
If 2k really wants to develop a basketball "simulation", features like this are absolutely essential and need to be expanded further.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »