Home

Next Gen 2k (what do you want)

This is a discussion on Next Gen 2k (what do you want) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Next Gen 2k (what do you want)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus James
For the next gen they will definitely be more spot on with the rosters and ratings. So much memory to use, they will have an abundance of categories and whatnot.
We don't need next gen for better rosters. They can't even get the most simple things right with the current tendency system, so why implement even more stuff to screw up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Phil Jackson !!

On Big TV in the center of the arena (you know the 4 big TV) we could watch Real Action not only logo!! it's ridiculous in 2013 !!!

better presentation of the players!!

better triangle offense for classics bulls !!!

george eddy and eric besnard for french commentators !!! noooo !!!! it's a bad joke 2k !!!! don't worry lol

maybe call in a microphone a strategy

combot of several strategy or better triangle offense

better cat and cap!!!

better loading!!!

better graphism!!

change the color of horace grant googles!!! red white blue because it was diifficult to do it on ps3 and 360 lol!!!

not area restriction in the paint for court before 1997!!! same thing that googles color!! lol

more classic team, maybe it will be possible to make a mode with 50 classic team because it will be more space on the blueray and on the technology of the hdd!!

classic court for dream team!!!

not the possiblities to play with the dream team against usa 2012 lol because it is not sim!!!! lol

a better size for the court, sideline is too much shorter i think (i'm not sure of that)!!

better triangle offense, better triangle offense, and better triangle offense!!

thanks.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
We don't need next gen for better rosters. They can't even get the most simple things right with the current tendency system, so why implement even more stuff to screw up?
I purposely don't read allot of threads about some of the "issues" that the game has because I don't want the threads and other people's opinion to influence my thoughts on the game.. .

Quickly, whats "wrong" with player tendencies? From my games that I play, I see players acting like themselves pretty well throughout the game... Playing the Heat, LeBron and Dwade drive and kick allot... the team runs allot of iso plays for them... vs Denver they are up and down quickly... vs the Bulls they play great defense...

Maybe I'm just not seeing the issues that some others are seeing?

psn - CeeGee
Old 02-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #28
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I purposely don't read allot of threads about some of the "issues" that the game has because I don't want the threads and other people's opinion to influence my thoughts on the game.. .

Quickly, whats "wrong" with player tendencies? From my games that I play, I see players acting like themselves pretty well throughout the game... Playing the Heat, LeBron and Dwade drive and kick allot... the team runs allot of iso plays for them... vs Denver they are up and down quickly... vs the Bulls they play great defense...

Maybe I'm just not seeing the issues that some others are seeing?
There is no issue with player tendencies the issue is that the big time players get all the attention when it comes to tendencies but when it comes down to the other players...yeah...good luck contacting 2k insider just to get something changed...

I don't understand how updating rosters constantly considered next gen?

Physics
Lighting
Atmosphere
Graphics (tons more polygons now that its closer to high end)

When I think next gen I think graphics close to real life....I'm reading through here you guys are asking for sock changes and roster updates? REALLY?! Those are not next gen guys all you guys are asking for is a much more reliable 2kinsider...basically just fire this guy and get someone else to do his job...someone from OS preferably....

I think 2k14 should really consider roster updates done by the community...just have the reliable roster guys here and have them upload it to 2k and have them pick the roster...

Last edited by Goffs; 02-22-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Great ideas cg but a basketball game without animations will not work. 2k prides itself on individual styles and animations are a big reason why those dunks/dribbles/shots/etc. look so much like the real players. Physics in regards to players ghosting or pushing through defenders in position is a big problem due to certain offensive animations playing out too long or completely negating defender position. If they can make contact matter in all areas of the game that would be a huge step in the right direction.

I really don't want them spending any more money on sports tv personalities to be in the game. No need to waste extra money on additional TNT people as the commentary right now is top notch. Just focus on gameplay 2k(playbooks,graphics,tendencies, etc)
Good point, I didn't think of that... I guess what I was trying to say is, what you said, they need to have every collision and interaction detectable while still having those nice animations...

I have no clue how to program so I'm not going to say it would be easy lol... I honestly enjoy the game as it is now, but, I do see some strange situations and player movements from time to time.

psn - CeeGee
Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
There is no issue with player tendencies the issue is that the big time players get all the attention when it comes to tendencies but when it comes down to the other players...yeah...good luck contacting 2k insider just to get something changed...

I don't understand how updating rosters constantly considered next gen?

Physics
Lighting
Atmosphere
Graphics (tons more polygons now that its closer to high end)

When I think next gen I think graphics close to real life....I'm reading through here you guys are asking for sock changes and roster updates? REALLY?! Those are not next gen guys all you guys are asking for is a much more reliable 2kinsider...basically just fire this guy and get someone else to do his job...someone from OS preferably....

I think 2k14 should really consider roster updates done by the community...just have the reliable roster guys here and have them upload it to 2k and have them pick the roster...
Have you seen PS4 reveal ? its a basically a high end computer from 2010.

That's why people are not expecting "close to real life" graphics. I'm expecting 2k14 on next gen consoles to look about as good as 2k13 on an expensive gaming rig.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #31
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

That's why people are not expecting "close to real life" graphics. I'm expecting 2k14 on next gen consoles to look about as good as 2k13 on an expensive gaming rig.
Nah I'm not expecting photo real but I expect 2k14 to look better than 2k13. Next gen.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #32
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

eh...2k13 on console is still better considering they had proper self lighting and you're able to customize the arena sound. PS4 may be a high end computer from 2010 but the ports to PC should be much better. There should be no excuse not to have a proper port to the PC.....

I'm curious...DX11 possible for consoles?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »