Home

Online: Poor Sportsmanship & Quitters

This is a discussion on Online: Poor Sportsmanship & Quitters within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #25
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Online: Poor Sportsmanship & Quitters

My problem is playing 'too sim'

I run a patient offense. Never use turbo, even on fast breaks - it just looks ugly.

This style looks great and works wonders for me offline, as it's all about the realism for me. But once I get online, even against sim guys, my style never seems to match up. As mentioned, I never use turbo so guys out run me. The passes are so slow, it's unbelievable. The button input lag is atrocious so reaction times are pitiful and my players just seem content to turn the ball over.

More often than not, my style online, vs people with no sportsmanship generally ends in a quit from me. I won't play scrubs. Hell, I just about keep it together playing sim guys because of the above mentioned issues.

2k, to me, is definitely a much better beast offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #26
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

OVR: 0

I played as the Bobcats once. Used to use the Knicks, but not anymore.

I played this guy who was using the Heat. I was not surprised at all.

Kemba hit two shots, the Kidd-Gilchrist made one. He blatantly paused the game and let the timer run out.

Technically, I won with the Bobcats.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystar500
I played as the Bobcats once. Used to use the Knicks, but not anymore.

I played this guy who was using the Heat. I was not surprised at all.

Kemba hit two shots, the Kidd-Gilchrist made one. He blatantly paused the game and let the timer run out.

Technically, I won with the Bobcats.
I primarily run with the Bobcats. And it is fun to make those top teams quit. Bobcats have dangerous mid-range jump shooters. Add the Baseline Double play for Gordan and you can quickly frustrate an opponent.

When I get tired of running cats v Heat/Thunder/Knicks I will switch to my mid tier team the Nets and even my top 10 team the Celtics.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #28
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
I primarily run with the Bobcats. And it is fun to make those top teams quit. Bobcats have dangerous mid-range jump shooters. Add the Baseline Double play for Gordan and you can quickly frustrate an opponent.

When I get tired of running cats v Heat/Thunder/Knicks I will switch to my mid tier team the Nets and even my top 10 team the Celtics.
Yeah the Bobcats are a pretty good team in 2k if you know how to use them. Kemba+Gordon can be deadly.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #29
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
My problem is playing 'too sim'

I run a patient offense. Never use turbo, even on fast breaks - it just looks ugly.

This style looks great and works wonders for me offline, as it's all about the realism for me. But once I get online, even against sim guys, my style never seems to match up. As mentioned, I never use turbo so guys out run me. The passes are so slow, it's unbelievable. The button input lag is atrocious so reaction times are pitiful and my players just seem content to turn the ball over.

More often than not, my style online, vs people with no sportsmanship generally ends in a quit from me. I won't play scrubs. Hell, I just about keep it together playing sim guys because of the above mentioned issues.

2k, to me, is definitely a much better beast offline.
Wow! Really? I use it sparingly myself, but never? And how is it ugly if you don't mind me asking? The animation or what? I think it looks pretty good.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 08-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #30
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
Wow! Really? I use it sparingly myself, but never? And how is it ugly if you don't mind me asking? The animation or what? I think it looks pretty good.
I'd say a good 95% of the time I never use turbo. Can't stand watching people blast the trigger every time they catch a missed shot, powering down to the other end. It's just not basketball - not every team plays like the mid 2000 Phoenix Suns, heh heh.

I hate the animation, looks crap, makes the game look arcadey. I much prefer the walking up, smooth hop/skip jog animations, they look legit. As soon as you press the trigger, the players head jolts forward like a bird and goes into road runner mode.

Alas, it is indeed needed in the game though - I can't count the number of fastbreaks i've ruined playing online just because of my stubbornness to look sim, but then - this is why I love offline.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #31
Rookie

BeastieBlake's Arena

where do i start? Do i start with the players who run around the 3 point line baiting you in to jump so they can take open a 3? Or do i start with the spin lay-ups/dunks with a superstars? i can complain on a lot of things on what cheesers do on 2k. But if your playing me and you start cheesing expect me to fight fire with fire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #32
Rookie

i just played a guy who took 34 three attempts with Ray allen. he kept sending me messages like saying FU, eat a dick, you lame.

i told him 2 quit with the pause button because he was wasting my time

i beat him with the celtics in a blowout. he leaves the game with seconds left in the 4QTR (waiting for opponent), & he kept fouling me to make the game longer

Last edited by Chocolate Chip; 08-21-2013 at 05:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »