Home

NBA 2k14 Impressions Thread Xbox 360/PS3/PC

This is a discussion on NBA 2k14 Impressions Thread Xbox 360/PS3/PC within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #393
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2k14 Impressions Thread

i'm having trouble with fadeaways...when i'm holding the left stick away from the hoop and i shoot, a lot of the time my player doesn't do a fadeaway jumper but stops and does a normal jumper. this wasn't a problem in 2k13, but it's happening in 2k14.

Last edited by blues rocker; 10-05-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:13 AM   #394
Pro

OVR: 4

Game is too fast online. Default is ridiculous. But online is worse. Recovery speed is out of wack. Pass and catch animations doesn't help. Online is still a mess. Double teams are more effective than 2k13

Offline. Fast breaks need to be tuned. Recovery speed is out of wack. I'm ranting because I've played my son who's 12. He always picks the home team and is a cheeser. He was able to make threes consistently(superstar sim). Pump fake (my guy auto semi jump, I didn't do it!!) I can't move. Dunk!!!! Easy path to the basket.

I'm running plays. Moving the ball. Getting wide open shots. Brick!!!! These players hold down turbo and get rewarded. Off ball d. Switching defenders consistently. Spamming the steal and block button. Rewarded!! Flying unrealistic distances. "Sim". Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #395
Banned

OVR: 12

Online is Terrible...from 30 minute connection time waits to players missing bunnies right under the hoop while other players drain 3's regularly with a hand in their face...Long passes down court to forwards and centers who miraculously beat every other player to the other end...Try to post up and as soon as your big gets it he is stripped in a nanosecond...Right Stick shooting is at times overly sensitive so you end up jacking shots randomly......Player control at times can be awkward...As of this writing this game is a MESS online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #396
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
Was running with the clippers and Chris Paul consistently ran away from the ball up court. Leaving jj. Redick to bring the ball up. This game needs a patch or a roster update. Well...both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Exactly...I'm using the Rockets and jeremy Lin simply runs away from the ball o inbound plays after the other team scores...This game is messy...people kill me trying to say this game is so great when every year it has online issues and the gameplay online is as far from sim as you can get...If this was an EA game there would be a riot up in here
Old 10-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #397
Banned

Why does Dwight Howard look like a cross between a Giraffe and a Velociraptor. His player likeness is terrible.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #398
MVP

OVR: 0

best NbA game ever..the key to the game is to play on hall of fame and adjust cpu attributes because its boosted again this year..jason williams has posted a basic beginners slider for those who dont know about the cpu boost..once you set it right and bring the game speed down to 47 and player speed to 35 in assoc and a couple of game slider adjustments this game is what 2k13 should had been but i cant blame 2k..this current gen has come to an end and cant go no further...im sure 2k14 on the next gen will be crazy.. ive been playing nba 2k for 14 years since dreamcast and this is the best with slider adjustment on hall of fame...i can only play on hall of fame and this year has made it even more fun and real...ill post my sliders up after more testing tomorrow....apart from the new control with the dribble which can be changed back to last year version in controller setup..the game is perfect..i thank 2k for this..i always play 2k14 all year around but this year all i have to do is play it for a month and a half...i just started playing 2k on pc and its been fantastic with the graphic mod fx..cyberfaces..scoreboard change..and global from seanjohn 414..the game just keeps getting better..especially with mods...im very glad i switch to pc with a high end graphic card....ive been playing it straight for 5hours making adjustments....i cant judge the online version but im sure its a mess..2k never got that right but who needs online... ill give the game a 9.1/10 ....for those who dont agree...play basketball and adjust the sliders...i promise my sliders will be the best this year..plus this 60inch helps..i see ever detail

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Aceboonkoon; 10-05-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #399
Rookie

finn08's Arena

OVR: 0

1 of the Best NBA Game I've ever played. Nice Graphics, New and Improve Gameplay, All-Star Weekend was Good, Everything works well for me
Old 10-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #400
MVP

OVR: 19

2k14 is solid. As usual, to truly get a sim experience you'll most likely need to tweak a few sliders. I've been using the same slider set since 2k10, so adjusting the sliders for others should be fairly routine.

- the post game is solid- the ai gameplay for the most part is solid. However I do think the court awareness along the baselines need to be patched. players dribble out of bounds for no apparent reason. This happens too much.
-defense is fun and requires a lot of basketball knowledge. collapsing on defense, running out to stop a player penetrating has a huge risk reward factor. a savy cpu controlled player will make the correct passes leading to uncontested baskets.
-ai controlled teams play to their strengths.
-the game is fluid, but a bit too fast
-collisions are nice. the contact is also nice.
-more fouls could be called at default levels.

-I like the new controls feature. they become organic rather quickly. the only time the new controls will become an issue is at the end of quarters, shot clocks etc. getting a shot off quickly is the issue.

Last edited by tril; 10-05-2013 at 02:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »