Home

NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

Has anyone tried SG yet?
Last year Scoring SG couldn't get a 65 block rating, so I wasn't able to get Eraser signature. I really like blocking.
I think you had to be All-Around SG to get like a 70 cap on blocking.
Wondering if different at all.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was going to run out and pick up my copy at midnight but I knew I would at until work and that just can't happen. *grin*

VERY excited to hear about blocks being improved. Not so much that people report the rebounds that magically go to the opponent. HOWEVER, hoping the new rebounding signature move will allow better control of the boards. Let me know if any of you use it and if you notice a difference. I was just tired of going 1.5 quarters without a rebound with a 7'2" center with 99 rebounding because the ball would 'magically' bounce away from me every single time. So what if I had 10 rbs by the half.

Ok, will stop complaining....just want to play! *checks he clock and sighs*
Old 10-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #19
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew
In retrospect, I should've gave a good interview to the Pelicans so I could play in NO and have Davis move to his more natural position at the 4.
Yea Davis is a 4, so we should be able to start at the 5. Especially since Robin Lopez left them. But you never know with 2K.

Check my YouTube videos @ YouTube.com/sleepynate718
Old 10-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6
Question Re: NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

Please tell me they finally added sliders to MyCareer mode this year?
Old 10-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscivilmike
I was going to run out and pick up my copy at midnight but I knew I would at until work and that just can't happen. *grin*

VERY excited to hear about blocks being improved. Not so much that people report the rebounds that magically go to the opponent. HOWEVER, hoping the new rebounding signature move will allow better control of the boards. Let me know if any of you use it and if you notice a difference. I was just tired of going 1.5 quarters without a rebound with a 7'2" center with 99 rebounding because the ball would 'magically' bounce away from me every single time. So what if I had 10 rbs by the half.

Ok, will stop complaining....just want to play! *checks he clock and sighs*
Yeah. The rebounding game at higher difficulty levels has been frustrating for years now. In 2k13 with my 6'10" PF, I worked very hard and averaged 11 per game, which is sim statwise for his player ratings, but you got weird individual results like being outrebounded by Jameer Nelson or Stoudemire getting 14 offensive boards in a game. My favorite was always the "jump straight at the ball, but pull my hands away at the last moment because, eww, ball" animations. Sometimes this would happen when I was the only one going for the ball and it would bounce off my head and go out of bounds. All this with maxed offensive rebounding, defensive rebounding and vertical. SMH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
Please tell me they finally added sliders to MyCareer mode this year?
nope.

i tried looking for them there's not much that's different from last years game.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #23
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Also I was shocked as hell when I saw the caps for players they are very realistic now and no attributes can be a 99.
literally none? not even dunk?
Old 10-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #24
Rookie

Picking the game up in a minute, but wondered if they fixed the "set a screen ruin the play" glitch. Or the "yeah i'll TRY to rebound, but not very hard" issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »