Home

Nobody plays on ball d

This is a discussion on Nobody plays on ball d within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #57
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Nobody plays on ball d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Yeah I've Started Waiting A Second Before Switching. It Really Helps.
I have the exact opposite strategy, I want to switch before the pass. Because most times, you know where someone is going to pass, I try to be good at icon switching and and being ready to defend before they can receive the pass, and cancel the help defense the always tries to give up the open 3. we have all seen that play where a guy will start at the top of the perimiter, drive to the elbow, and as soon as they get into a bump animation and see your sg/sf getting themselves into no mans lan coming way too late to help and just giving an open 3. I try to switch to the sg sm a half second earlier, and make that an tipped pass, or be in position to defend that kickout guy. Also I think passes out of contact need to be wilder for guys who basically aren't Chris Paul, or a of the same caliber passer. That would make staying with your man an more viable option because what should be an ill advised pass is pretty much money in this game.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 11-08-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have improved considerably my offense against these users, an idea is to move the pg for example so that the screen stops the cpu defender

Youtube.Com/kepazino
Old 11-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #59
Rookie

The length that people go to to defend this game is absurd. Is it possible to use on-ball defense? Sure it is. It's just not good. This is an issue with the game, not the players.

If the best way to limit the opponent is to play off-ball, then don't blame the player, blame that awful game.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Anyway, I think or hope maybe in the future 2K expands upon the "user offball defense is punished" feature they had in 2K12 in which Human contested shots were more effective then letting the AI contest the shots. Maybe attempt to see if Human on ball defense can be assisted in some way while AI on ball defense takes a hit. Not a huge one but a reasonable one. I'm not sure if the shot contest "bonus" is still in but expanding on something like that may encourage "user vs/on user" situations a little more. It certainly had guys contesting shots in the past - now with the ability for the defender to jump into the shooter it could be awesome.
That off ball defense bonus thing is completely silly, and the wrong direction for the game.

The reason people don't play on ball defense is because it's ridiculously hard. By default, people will blow by you unless you are a truly amazing player with jedi skills.

What they don't understand is that defense should be easy in a basketball game. Then people would be forced to think about what they're doing on offense, and the game could be fun again. In NBA 2K11 and some older games they had it right, now it's just not fun at all, offline and online.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesTeg
The length that people go to to defend this game is absurd. Is it possible to use on-ball defense? Sure it is. It's just not good. This is an issue with the game, not the players.

If the best way to limit the opponent is to play off-ball, then don't blame the player, blame that awful game.
Offball defensive opponents it's easy now for me to attack as CPU will eat all the screens. I have a 90 40 online record and always play on ball defense, just use the right matchup s and play the gaps, also catch up when the opponent goes past you. And there is nothing more rewarding than playing great on ball defense trust me, it's hard but that's why we play the game, to learn and improve.
Make sure you use l2 online when you are engaged with the opponent

Youtube.Com/kepazino
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesTeg

I agree with this...I'm sure we would love to play on ball 100% but if you do that on here, you'll get burned...You have to play a combo of both....
Old 11-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moor
I agree with this...I'm sure we would love to play on ball 100% but if you do that on here, you'll get burned...You have to play a combo of both....
Im 69-14 and I always play on ball defense so it isn really you HAVE to play a combo of both, on ball just takes more practice which some people dont have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »