Home

Suggestions/Feedback

This is a discussion on Suggestions/Feedback within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Suggestions/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2zone
You make a fair point, Josh. People who play games will either have time or money (or both) on their hands. Everyone on the spectrum should have a shot at the rare prizes. And after thinking about it more, I do think you are right that the way to make the most level playing field in a tournament (which is what I'm trying to suggest) is to allow the people who have more money and less time to buy hot streaks, and for the people who have more time and less money the ability to store hot streaks. Both will have that important strategy tool when it comes down to "money time" at the end.

For me, not having the option to rack up points in 10-point chunks at the end very much affected both the enjoyment factor and the outcome for me. Pointing out that I was 7th in one and 11th in the other was merely to demonstrate how important hot streaks are in the last 2-3 hours. I would guess that most people on the bubble of an award tier would agree with me on that point. Cisco, Odc, Brian (and maybe tafpres...I'm not sure if he was using hot streaks or not), had the benefit of "unlimited" hotstreaks in those crucial hours. I had this in tourney #1 and didn't in tourney #2. I'm asking for that back, that's all.

Well stated. That is a very fair point. There should be fairness throughout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MVP: Iceman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #66
Pro

Suggestions/Feedback

Storing hotstreaks makes no difference though unless you are trying to surprise players higher in rankings. Net points you receive, whether you are storing or not, will not change. The only thing it has a chance to do is make players ahead think differently which does not always happen.

Regardless, I will start and end with "unlimited" hot streaks because of time conflicts.

Last edited by mfresh94; 03-04-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #67
Just started!

I know this might open a new can of worms.... but what about All-Star cards !!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullypaul
I know this might open a new can of worms.... but what about All-Star cards !!!!

They had one before, Chris Paul lol.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon8 Re: Suggestions/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullypaul
Yeah I'd love an all-star Goran Dragic card!! Oh wait...
Old 03-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfresh94
Storing hotstreaks makes no difference though unless you are trying to surprise players higher in rankings. Net points you receive, whether you are storing or not, will not change. The only thing it has a chance to do is make players ahead think differently which does not always happen.

Regardless, I will start and end with "unlimited" hot streaks because of time conflicts.

Have to strongly disagree with you on this. It makes a huge difference because in the final hour, there is no chance to regain the lead once it is lost. At any other point in the week, when you are "guarding" a top 10 spot, you can let it go for a while to store up hot streaks, and then stay up extra late or get up earlier or skip bathroom breaks! or whatever to regain the lead.

So, just like coaching a team and managing the fatigue of players to have them at their best in the 4th quarter, you play it a little differently during the week to put yourself in position to have the "insurance" of stored up hot streaks. Trust me on this. Playing one tourney with, and one without, were 2 completely different experiences.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2zone
Have to strongly disagree with you on this. It makes a huge difference because in the final hour, there is no chance to regain the lead once it is lost. At any other point in the week, when you are "guarding" a top 10 spot, you can let it go for a while to store up hot streaks, and then stay up extra late or get up earlier or skip bathroom breaks! or whatever to regain the lead.

So, just like coaching a team and managing the fatigue of players to have them at their best in the 4th quarter, you play it a little differently during the week to put yourself in position to have the "insurance" of stored up hot streaks. Trust me on this. Playing one tourney with, and one without, were 2 completely different experiences.

You just destroyed my argument. Haha I agree spot on with the point about push in final hour.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #72
Just started!

Excuse me, but do you have any strategies or tips on how to get better players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »