Home

NBA Live 09 & NBA Live 10 Screenshot Comparison: LeBron James

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 & NBA Live 10 Screenshot Comparison: LeBron James within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
I am a fan of EA.

Fifa dominates, NCAA football is loads of fun, Madden 10 looks like an improvement, but EA just drops the ball when it comes to basketball.

I'm sorry for being a buzzkill but its true. Really, if you think about it they own the Fifa License, they own the NFL license, and they have the only NCAA football game on the market (Im not sure if they own the NCAA license).

Basketball is really the only sports videogame in which they have any realistic competition, and for whatever reason they have just been lackluster on this generation of consoles

I hope im proved wrong, I just wouldnt call it likely, not when you are bragging about additions to LIVE 10 that already exist in NBA 2k9.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 09 & NBA Live 10 Screenshot Comparison: LeBron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Identical to last year?
Sorry, don't get me wrong. I'm not being negative saying that. Just saying from that particular screen the jerseys looks essentially the exact same, and LeBron's face from that angle looks the same. The skin texture and maybe his hair texture look better, and as I said the lighting is much better. I just know we are supposed to get new models this year, and I'm not going to judge on 1 screen of a player that is only chest and up. Just saying that the chest and up in the two screens are the same in my eyes. You have to forgive me, I will be very skeptical with everything I see and hear for Live 10. I'll do my best to control it, but I will never flat out hate on the game. It's amazing to me that I am even in here and actually excited to see what's next, considering I haven't bought Live since 2004. So again, I am a 2K basketball guy and skeptical. However I don't ever want to be an *** who says you guys haven't done anything, because I know that's not true. That being said, can you change my mind Marcus.

Last edited by thmst30; 06-18-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:23 AM   #43
Banned

# 41 thmst30 @ 06/17/09 09:18 PM
Quote:

Identical to last year?

Sorry, don't get me wrong. I'm not being negative saying that. Just saying from that particular screen the jerseys looks essentially the exact same, and LeBron's face from that angle looks the same. The skin texture and maybe his hair texture look better, and as I said the lighting is much better. I just know we are supposed to get new models this year, and I'm not going to judge on 1 screen of a player that is only chest and up. Just saying that the chest and up in the two screens are the same in my eyes. You have to forgive me, I will be very skeptical with everything I see and hear for Live 10. I'll do my best to control it, but I will never flat out hate on the game. It's amazing to me that I am even in here and actually excited to see what's next, considering I haven't bought Live since 2004. So again, I am a 2K basketball guy and skeptical. However I don't ever want to be an *** who says you guys haven't done anything. Change my mind Marcus.

WOOOOOORD....
Old 06-18-2009, 02:36 AM   #44
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr logic
No, I didnt say quit. You have a job to do.

Im sure you guys make decent money and im sure EA makes good money off of you guys making basketball games. I'm just stating the obvious. You guys new what was wrong last year, and the year before that, and the year before that and so on.

Im not hating, im just keeping it real. You guys are fixing stuff that you should have fixed like 3 years ago. Im supposed to be excited about the proper ball physics?, really in 2010?? I bet the shorts will still look like cardboard though right?

Im not saying to pack it in and quit, but you should seriously consider taking a year off and rebuilding from scratch. I know i'd be interested in checking out LIVE12 if you guys took year 11 off.

Its what needs to be done and is the best way to utilize Mike Wang. Let him build something from scratch with EA's money and resources. That would sell me.

I'm just over the propaganda, but it is nice that you guys have your ear to the community this go round. Points for listening
I, as well as most - if not - all were not part of this team during those years. That's why you're seeing a mad race to fix things that should've been fixed years ago. Just some clarification for you.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:39 AM   #45
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Sorry, don't get me wrong. I'm not being negative saying that. Just saying from that particular screen the jerseys looks essentially the exact same, and LeBron's face from that angle looks the same. The skin texture and maybe his hair texture look better, and as I said the lighting is much better. I just know we are supposed to get new models this year, and I'm not going to judge on 1 screen of a player that is only chest and up. Just saying that the chest and up in the two screens are the same in my eyes. You have to forgive me, I will be very skeptical with everything I see and hear for Live 10. I'll do my best to control it, but I will never flat out hate on the game. It's amazing to me that I am even in here and actually excited to see what's next, considering I haven't bought Live since 2004. So again, I am a 2K basketball guy and skeptical. However I don't ever want to be an *** who says you guys haven't done anything, because I know that's not true. That being said, can you change my mind Marcus.
I certainly hope so my man. But you answered my question, so that's cool. If you ever dislike something, don't worry about telling us. We want to hear your feedback!

Ryan Santos, our visuals producer, will talk in detail about the improvements made to the models, lighting, etc. etc.

And just a FYI to all of you. When we say we have something in our game, even if 2K has it, we're still going to say we have it. Why you ask? It's not like we want to announce to the world that we have something that's been in another game, but we do want people to know because it's what SHOULD be in a basketball game -- specifically NBA LIVE. It's not copying, it's doing what makes sense for a good basketball game. We're a new team paying for past years. I get that. That's why we're really trying to change the way things are done.

Last edited by stephensonmc; 06-18-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #46
Banned

Hope so. I really do.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:36 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
And just a FYI to all of you. When we say we have something in our game, even if 2K has it, we're still going to say we have it. Why you ask? It's not like we want to announce to the world that we have something that's been in another game, but we do want people to know because it's what SHOULD be in a basketball game -- specifically NBA LIVE. It's not copying, it's doing what makes sense for a good basketball game. We're a new team paying for past years. I get that. That's why we're really trying to change the way things are done.
I'm down for that. People will complain about you guys announcing something that 2K already has, but why? I'd rather know that you guys finally have it as well. Like you said if it's something core to basketball or presentation then it's not copycatting, it's making a decision that makes sense for an NBA game. Both games are trying to replicate the exact same sport, so of course both games are going to have similar features. How can that not be expected? There are things I would like for 2K to do that Live has previously already done. It works both ways.

Last edited by thmst30; 06-18-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:38 AM   #48
Rookie

KingCashus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I certainly hope so my man. But you answered my question, so that's cool. If you ever dislike something, don't worry about telling us. We want to hear your feedback!

Ryan Santos, our visuals producer, will talk in detail about the improvements made to the models, lighting, etc. etc.

Pretty much exactly like the Madden Team. You guys have my respect because I know how it feels to pick up after somebody else and clean all their messes. If "they" had built a solid enough foundation to begin with, you guys would be light years ahead of where you are now. It takes extremely dedicated people to look at the poor product they have to start with and turn that into gold.

Good luck. I want to see great basketball on my screen every fall, and it seems like you guys are getting there.

NBA 2K14 Next Gen is a must-buy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »