Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #105
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Ugh, everything seems like a chore in this game...

-Since you have to hold B to call for a screen (and if you let go of B, the screener rolls/pops), you can't use the right analog stick to make moves while the screen is in place

-Every time I try to pass to someone with icon passing, I switch to that player. I don't want to do all that, I just want to pass him the ball

-You can't body up on a defender like you could in Live 09... don't know why, it was a great animation and feature

-Like I feared, it's hard to pull up for a short stop-and-pop fadeaway jumper right outside the paint-- you end up shooting a layup instead

-Every time I tried to call for an iso, I ended up doing so and then immediately throwing an alley-oop

Not to mention the fact that I wasn't feeling the player likenesses at all-- don't look like themselves in the face IMO. The crowd is good, though... but I hated the music, ugh...

I had more fun in the hangar than in the actual 5-on-5 tbh.

Now go ahead. Flame me, make fun of me, all because I didn't enjoy the demo.
why am i not suprised you had something negative to say. youve been talking trash about it for the last 3 weeks. Since you didnt like the demo now we shouldht hear a word from you. looks like everyting being a "chore" means its not pick up and play great like the competition. Learning curve to much for you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #106
MVP

OVR: 19

does anyone know what the quick iso play for both the magic and lakers? I want to be able to back down carter or kobe and take a sick fadeaway on a clear out.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
why am i not suprised you had something negative to say. youve been talking trash about it for the last 3 weeks. Since you didnt like the demo now we shouldht hear a word from you. looks like everyting being a "chore" means its not pick up and play great like the competition. Learning curve to much for you
Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #108
MVP

OVR: 19

lets not get into a flamefest guys. Each user is entitled to their opinion as to the legitimacy of the chore-ness of the game.

In my first couple of games I was having trouble shooting a mid range because I would end up driving as well. However, I have been able to pop anytime I wanted.

It is a HUGE learning curve - especially if you are used to the other brand of NBA video games.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 AM   #109
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21

He is free to post his dislike of the game and/or demo as long as it is respectful.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 AM   #110
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

don't want to keep posting guys so just one last thing.. Think scalpel instead of broad sword... When you have a lot of control sometimes it takes awhile before you understand how to use everything.

So go basic... just play good fundamental basketball until you get to the point where you "need" to do more then work on that particular control.

There is def a learning curve but finally live does not give you everything on first play. meaning the more you play of course the more nagging things you will see. but you will also see more from the cpu AI. Live 10 unfolds so don't expect to be hit in the mouth but rather look forward to a 15 round brawl...

guys that have the demo know like i said its not perfect but it does do some great basketball things.

Have fun !! its very different than playing any of the other games available and as such it will take some time to adjust.

If my memory serves me correctly the final played smoother to me than the demo I'm playing now... I could be wrong but i really believe it did. of course could have been the teams/players i was using...
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #111
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

The dunks and layups are so smooth, the way the ball interacts with the rim and nets is great.

No clunky sounds when the ball hits the rim. the spin moves and baseline drive are awesome.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow, I think some of you are praising it a bit too much. By reading the comments you would think its the best bball game ever.

I downloaded it and played three games and also spent some time in the hangar. Overall EA really improved and finally delivered a playable bball game. The Crow Atmosphere is definitely one of the best i've seen. The graphics are pretty good but visuals has never really been a problem. I think the graphics are much improved. One thing that still annoys me is that the player movement still looks a bit robotic. I still get that cartoonish feel from the game, it doesn't seem fluid to me. I owned both live and 2k last year and leaned towards 2k. I think most live fans will be satisfied this year and wont revert to buying 2k on top of live but i also dont think live is good enough to make a 2k player switch over to live. Some of you are comparing the live demo to the combine and thats pretty much unfair since the combine isn't exactly a demo of the final product or in game action. Overall i would predict that instead of getting 6 out of 10 or 6.5 out of 10 in reviews this year, i would assume live will get 7.5 - 8.0 out of 10 ratings but i think next year, live really needs to develop new player models.

Last edited by Abnormal101; 09-11-2009 at 08:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »