Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #1465
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Had the chance to play the demo and wanted to chime in on a few thoughts. First off, the game is very much improved from Live 09 and no longer feels broken. The rebounding is improved as I have only seen the ball hit the floor maybe once in about 9 games. The shooting is improved and the controls are smoother. The graphics are phenomenal with the only negative coming in the form of the lighting effects. NBA Live 10 looks more like a televised game than any other game I've seen period.

I've read posts about Derek Fisher scoring too many points and Kobe Bryant not being a go-to-guy. Not so with my experience. When I clamp down defensively on Fisher, he is a non-factor. His points have either come off wide open jumpshots or through broken plays such as getting a steal and taking it all the way or when "I" have made a mistake on defense. As far as I'm concerned, I have seen the Lakers play like the Lakers with Kobe as a go-to-guy and the ball being spread around to get Gasol, Artest and Bynum in the mix. With Orlando's A.I., I have seen Jameer Nelson go off only to see Carter and Lewis provide the majority of the scoring in the next game and then see Dwight Howard dominate inside in the next one. Pietrus is mainly used to shoot the 3. Once again, an example of a team playing like it should. And teams realistically should play a little differently every game anyway which Live 10 captures very well.

One of the things I like about the game is the realistic aspects of it on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. For instance, driving in the lane will get you stripped. Holding the ball too long in the post or dribbling inside will get you stripped. On defense, you get rewarded when you play hard. I have had no problem with blocks and get my fair share of steals. And the game makes you feel like you've accomplished something when you get a defensive stop.

Now to more improvements. The net animations and net sounds are much improved for realism. The free throw meter is worlds better than last year's down-up motion on the right stick. The signature shooting forms are more refined. Passing is much more sharp. Player movement is better and player movement without the ball is fantastic. Also, in my experience with the demo, my CPU controlled teammates do their share of the work without me having to do everything for every player so I don't know why that was the case for some people.

All in all, Live 10 is worth my purchase even if 2K10 wasn't being developed. I actually feel like I'm playing an NBA game from the atmosphere, to the gameplay, to the graphics, to the realism, to the overall presentation. It has a good blend of fun and realism, something I've had trouble getting from 2K series the last few years. While the game is not without its flaws, my experience has been closer to what Da Czar posted earlier in the thread and not what I've read from others. Just my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #1466
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

The more I play this demo, the better I get, and correspondingly, the more I like it.

I can dribble with Kobe pretty much at will now, and VC can do little to stop me. On some possessions, I hog the ball with Kobe just to humiliate VC, then just pull up for a jumper or lay it up. I'm playing on Superstar, too.

What's even better is that I'm not cheesing, I score most of my points off midrange jumpers. It's just so satisfying to come off a pick and shoot, attack the lane but then step back and shoot once the help comes, or otherwise create my own shot through smart dribbling. Not to mention using the off ball control to set up screens, do cuts or get myself in position for a lead pass.

I'm truly loving Live 10.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #1467
Pro

OVR: 11

yeah the midrange game is amazing in live 10.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #1468
Rookie

OVR: 3

Gave the demo another chance, and it's starting to grow on me for sure. One problem is that way too many crazy shots go in. I can brick an open jumper on one possession and then nail an off handed, heavily contested leaner on the next. And I honestly think the graphics are well behind 2k, and that bother me quite a bit. The poor lighting, the shading on the players, the darkened crowds....I just can't get used to it.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #1469
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcain80
Gave the demo another chance, and it's starting to grow on me for sure. One problem is that way too many crazy shots go in. I can brick an open jumper on one possession and then nail an off handed, heavily contested leaner on the next. And I honestly think the graphics are well behind 2k, and that bother me quite a bit. The poor lighting, the shading on the players, the darkened crowds....I just can't get used to it.
if your talking about poor lighting, if your playing w/ the Lakers, dont the Lakers play w/ the lights dimmed on the crowd? i havent really noticed poor lighting, but i do like the graphics this year, think the players look more proportioned and more lifelike than 'the other game'. all in all, i still dont think you're gonna go wrong w/ either game this year. but the more you play Live, the more it grows on you, and that's what i think people aren't doing, is giving it enough time and learn the controls.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:45 PM   #1470
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcain80
You sure you didn't download 09 by mistake???
Old 09-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #1471
Pro

OVR: 11

the crowd is dark in the staples arena just like in real life. nothing wrong there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #1472
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
You sure you didn't download 09 by mistake???
No, I swear man I'm playing on all star and if the defense is heavy or there's a double team, the shot seems actually more likely to go in, especially end of the quarter shots. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
the crowd is dark in the staples arena just like in real life. nothing wrong there.
Yeah, that's true, forgot about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »