Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #241
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Hmmmmm.....Wow! With all of the positive feedback here, ya'll had me thinking this was actually going to be good.

Ohhhh Noooo. This game is just as spaztaztic as ever. It's STILL a struggle to get them to do a simple jumpshot-nuff said.

THE ENGINE!!!!! THIS HORRENDOUS ENGINE!!!!! The same problem as Madden. EA just doesn't get it. Basing a sports game 90% off of animations is not simulation, not fun, and certainly does not "give the user more control". Use the Havok engine, or...something!! The future is ragdoll physics (like real life), NOT animations. It's so clear.....EA is for the kids, and 2K is for the adults (Was that too much? I can never tell.). I've never played Fifa or NHL, but, those games get alot of praise. Maybe EA should just stick to hockey, and soccer.

I couldn't wait to run back to 2K10 Draft Combine, and its smooooth gameplay-which gives the user TOTAL control.

As easy as this decision is, just imagine how easy it would be to choose a new 2K football game over Madden!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #242
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Jmood, the light skin shiny look is probably due to the settings on your tv. Visuals can look vastly different from one tv to the next. Some of you guys may want to fiddle around with your picture settings if the game looks blown out or too cartooney (colorful).
I think it was just the hangar cause once I played the game they weren't so light.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #243
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Hmmmmm.....Wow! With all of the positive feedback here, ya'll had me thinking this was actually going to be good.

Ohhhh Noooo. This game is just as spaztaztic as ever. It's STILL a struggle to get them to do a simple jumpshot-nuff said.

THE ENGINE!!!!! THIS HORRENDOUS ENGINE!!!!! The same problem as Madden. EA just doesn't get it. Basing a sports game 90% off of animations is not simulation, not fun, and certainly does not "give the user more control". Use the Havok engine, or...something. The future is ragdoll physics (like real life), NOT animations. It's so clear.....EA is for the kids, and 2K is for the adults (Was that too much? I can never tell.). I've never played Fifa or NHL, but, those games get alot of praise. Maybe EA should just stick to hockey, and soccer.

I couldn't wait to run back to 2K10 Draft Combine, and its smooooth gameplay-which gives the user TOTAL control.

As easy as this decision is, just imagine how easy it would be to choose a new 2K football game over Madden!
Not needed...
Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #244
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm familiar with Live's playcalling.. I know to wait until it lights up and all that. My issue is that if you bring up icons and pass the designated man the ball, it stops the play (or did all of the times I tried it anyway), thus forcing you to use regular A button passing, which is still pretty inaccurate. I didn't try Freestyle, so if someone has the game available, see if you can use that on the plays.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #245
Banned

OVR: 8

YIKES! i'm not liking all of you guys impression. Worries me a bit especially with player feeling weightless like wind...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #246
GOAT

Melman's Arena

OVR: 8

Overall I liked the demo...from a Live standpoint, this is the best Live I've played. Definately gonna take some time to get used to the controls (Im a 2k guy) I did get stripped alot. Im cool with that.....for now (until i get better with the controls).

It was hard to play good D. I Ball hogged with Kobe for the most part, some of the shots he made were hmmm...some of the arc trajectory on his shots that would go in didnt seem realistic. but its not that big a deal for me. I do wish some of the buttons on D were more responsice as far as going for a steal or block. Rebounds were ok on some possesions and on some others they seemed to be kinda ackward.

The Sig shots are great, crowd is great, staples organ, graphics, nice. Freethrows are better tweaked this year as well.

All in all I gotta play this game more before i can give a final grade. Im at work now but when I get home Im gonna disect this game.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #247
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Is this the same NBA Live series of past? This is amazingly different. All the moves you have at your control. Things are just so different. I'm not getting my hopes to high though.

Can this be the game that finally turns me over from NBA 2K series? I don't know but from the looks & feel it's gonna be a definite possibility. However, gameplay is just a part of what I want in a solid basketball game. Let's see about the franchise/dynasty mode for me.

I can't believe all the moves you have available from the controls. This is an awesome advancement for NBA Live. I can only say WOW at this point especially in comparison to past titles. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #248
MVP

OVR: 28
The demo is outstanding. I haven't owned an NBA game in years and this year's Live is miles ahead of what EA has done. The visuals and Finals presentation are outstanding. The controls are also back in the gamer's hands. No more suck-in animations....

Hopefully they use this same engine for NCAA.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »