Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #681
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

the more and more i play........The more this game becomes awesome! after the wow factor wears off, this game(demo) really starts to shine. i have a few gripes mainly icon passing but thats due to the new control layout, other than that im even more pumped for this game than i was. the pics, and videos dont do the game justice. i have never had the type of control in a bball game like we have now.

Some guys will not like this game. Point blank. IMO, More Control= Less room for User mistakes! Im so glad EA took this approach with their bball title. Id rather have full control over my players than to just trigger an animation and watch it play out.

Mods, is there anything we can do about all of these new guys signing up just to troll and bash games? Not just in this forum, but all over the site. This is NOT the 2ksports forums or any other message board that tolerates this type of behavior. When you have new guys bashing vets like Czar etc.. thats purely uncalled for.

Back on topic, any tips from mike, marcus(pippen), or any members on icon passing will be greatly appreciated! This is going to be a great year for bball gaming!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #682
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

For those of you who are and have given honest impressions, Thank You

For those of you who trashed the thread with trolling

I am combing over the sticky thread now because you are getting infractions

for those of you with multiple user names coming here just to troll, its a good chance you just got yourself banned

...and the posts are going to be deleted FYI
Old 09-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #683
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

in the words of the Domino's Pizza commericial, "Thats What Im Talking About, Thats What Im Talking About"!!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #684
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
goh, there is a free throw slider. it should be under user sliders. it will globally make free throw windows shrink or grow for all your players according to your preference. personally, I like to play with it down 10 clicks.
So there is,dunno how I missed that,it's the first one.
Still none for the AI though,Dwight went 2/2 in the game I played since,making him 6/6 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Anybody else think its cool that you can't make shots behind the backboard? Was just playin around and I tried and I made it, its cool to see the players adjust their arc in order to make the shot.
I had one go off the top of the backboard and in playing around in the hangar. Of course that'd be out of bounds in an actual game.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #685
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Ron Artest comes clean around a screen in stride for a 3......the arch on the ball, the net animation was AMAZING. Walks back down court with both hands held high as the crowd erupts!!!! Just WoWzers!!!!!!!

Absolutely LtOVE the perimeter game, and playing defense. It's like a game within itself. A mismatch in the game is really a MISMATCH. And not just one possession but every possession. Had Nelson and switched off on Kobe, could not stay with the fella AT ALL, he literally abused me, straight to the rack!!!!!! You see the little circle at the bottom of your player with the arrows, as you push the left stick to the left or right, gotta guess which way the ball handler is going, and you can't be too hard on the L stick either.

Back to the game.

Ok. I might just be seeing things now but I hope I'm not. Just saw Artest giving attention to Howard in the post all the while trying to stay with his man. As I pass the ball to Howard he immediately came for the double team, Vince cut down to the basketball as I passed it to him, help defense came he had to adjust his shot but still managed to make it. I mean the stuff I'm seeing is literally happening second after seconds of me playing the game. I mean this is incredible. This is basketball. Props to Mike Wang, Steph, Iminurbase, and all the EAC staff man. Just WoW!!!

Last edited by bls; 09-12-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #686
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Ok. This is thearou CPU mind you. Just saw Bynum come up and set a screen for Kobe. He drove to the basket as Howard came over to help and they made contact in the air as he made Kobe adjust he shot. When Kobe came down after the shot he was holding his back like he was pain, and Marv said it appears he has just been injured.

Ok I'm done. Yall enjoy man. I'm done.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #687
Rookie

OVR: 7

Ok, this game is off the chain! This is the best basketball game I've ever seen graphically....and I'm a fan of both games! The tight control is the most advanced I've ever played in a basketball sim. The player models are spot on. That Lakers court is unreal! From the lighting to the Finals logo and emblem in the center with the amount of detail and no blurriness is epic! It really stands out on my TV cause I play on a 52' LCD Sony XBR4 with the 120 hrtz technology in it...so all the little details stand out!

The only thing to me that is missing are the put back dunks but I'll settle for the tip ins for now knowing Beluba said it'll definately be in 11. Once you get the controls down this game is a beast. I mean you can throw lobs of the backboard for goodness sake.

The size ups are nasty. Can't wait to use Derrick Rose! The moves in this game are crazy hot. I've had no problem playing defence or rebounding at all. I believe if your complaining bout those two things be patient, learn the controls. There is a large learning curve. But you have to be willing to learn especially if your use to playing 2k or using the old Live controls. The injurys and what not immurse you in the game. All the different little animations inbetween are such a nice touch. If your a fan of basketball sims you Must own this game period!

Some of you on this form have been very critical of a great Demo. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion.....but be serious people. This game is undeniable. Some of you just dont want to give it a chance or see it succeed for some reason which is fine, but what gets me is when you start being rude to the devs. They go out of their way to interact with our community, which is much more than what I can say about some other companies.

So grow up people. I for one like that they take the time out of their day to communicate with us and I don't want to loose that just cause a few of us act like 2 year olds...or are so drawn to the competition that you make bad comments or give bad reviews just to make people believe the game is wack which is lame in it self!

I wont go as far to say it's over or Live is way better than 2k cause I havent played 2k, but I will tell you what majority of you have come to already realize....and thats that Live is back!

Last edited by pepp32; 09-12-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #688
The Magic

zasbury25's Arena

OVR: 10

Liking the game a lot (especially on Superstar), but I've noticed that the CPU does not like to hold for the last shot at the end of the quarter/half. If they have the ball with the shot clock turned off, they do not try to run the clock out and go for the last shot. They will run their normal offense and leave at least 6-10 seconds left on the clock. It's not a huge deal...maybe a product of the short quarters or the demo, but hopefully this isn't an indicator of wonky end of game decisions by the CPU in the retail version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »