Home

Hate to say it but this game seems scripted

This is a discussion on Hate to say it but this game seems scripted within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Hate to say it but this game seems scripted

As much as i like this game i feel the same way. My theory is that it;s the DNA. As grounbreaking as it is i think the players on the court look for that "spot" their supposed to b at instead of using basketball logic. I get sick of the cpu having a drive to the hoop and pulling up for that jumper because its coded into the DNA. I dont usually compare live to the "other game" but it's amazing how smart the ai is in that game. Someone mentioned Rip Hamillton, If Rips got a lane to the hole he should slash not pull up for a j because its in his DNA. I hope they everything out cause i like the game alot but there alot of annoying little quirks. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #18
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm also getting this feeling as well.

When playing online I can pin point exactly when I'll start missing shots in the paint, 3's etc.

I can also pin point when I start catch on fire and everything will start dropping.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why shouldnt the cpu go on a run if they are losing? I've been trailed the cpu for 3 quarters and in the 4th shot 70% from the field to win the game, that was in the 4th, the quarter you guys are saying is when the scripting begins for the player to begin missing shots.

It's all about runs, but you can keep it close, I usually have trouble in the 3rd quarter and it's usually because i stop running plays and begin forcing it after missing a few shots, but thats got nothing to do with scripting IMO.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nines
Actually it's very possible to dominate someone from beginning to end. I comprehensively beat my friend all the way thru 4 quarters without ever losing a 7 point lead. And no, he's not crap.

I'm not saying it is impossible, I have won by 30 something but most games it is very back and forth and not just trading buckets one after another, one team goes on a 10-20 point run then the next team goes on a run. I have notice after halftime if team1 has a big lead it is almost a given that team2 will start the half with a run to make it close. It just gets predicable after a while.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #21
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I'm also getting this feeling as well.

When playing online I can pin point exactly when I'll start missing shots in the paint, 3's etc.

I can also pin point when I start catch on fire and everything will start dropping.
But then again....when I watch a game on TV I can kinda pin point this as well.

I've watched many a Raptor game when they would be up by x points and you just know that it's only a mtter of time until the lead is gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #22
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
But then again....when I watch a game on TV I can kinda pin point this as well.

I've watched many a Raptor game when they would be up by x points and you just know that it's only a mtter of time until the lead is gone.
which is why i'm not buying the scripted complaint. there are plenty of runs that happen in the nba, and even the best shooters in the NBA only shoot 45-50% meaning they only hit 4-5 out every 10 shots, and people are gonna complain cuz a guy misses 3 shots in a row? come on now.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Finally beat the Magic 108-102....but it was crazy ...gortat fadeaways, a johnson penetrations through my players, contested 3's by everyone...tons of offensive rebounds...I swear the cpu only missed when I was down lol..The %'s at end of game were PERFECT though! Im sayin man, it really does feel scripted sometimes. Its like I rather have them shooting ridiculously high at the end of the 3rd so they play down to their average lol
Old 10-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 9

lol,yeah...thought about the same thing.

For me,that's the same that happens in Madden and NHL....which is love and hate at the same time.
By the AI momentum (which,surely, feels sometimes to be way more then just momentum) the game is challenging..which is great.

But if the same things start to happen everytime,it again gets boring.

I just managed to win with portland vs the rockets at home (l4ds slider/ 11min) and it was a really "good" back and forth....until the mid of the 4th qtr.

There suddenly Yao got 13-15 ft. fadeaways flying in while Roy and Outlaw where missing widely open on their spots.

I will have to see if this continues to happen during dynasty..if so,it will be very bad

I just wonder how come that some people see this and all describe it in the same way while others doesn't seem to notice this at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »