Home

NBA Elite 11 Hook Shot Glitch

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Hook Shot Glitch within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Elite 11 Hook Shot Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypuppet
It's not a glitch, they've just tuned it incorrectly. Your sweet spot for aim and power changes all over the court. The problem is, it should be different for different types of shots (it may already be, but it doesn't seem so).

EG. to hit a hook shot from the 3pt line should b tuned to be much harder than a jumpshot.

The hookshot sweet spots should be on a much steeper difficulty the further you get away from the basket. You can see in the video posted what the sweet spot looks like for the created player when he's in the practice gym. Obviously needs to be tuned to be harder. I'd imagine this would be an easy fix for the devs to patch.
In practice mode i can hit every shot almost without missing...Ive done 8 3 pointers non stop and the shooting macanic is bad and its EZ to do..Just aim the yellow dot around/at the middle of the black line and get the bar past the green and its a automatic shot..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Whoa, good find! I remember a few months ago when we first saw like a 18 foot hook (in a video) some people were worried. That was before we knew if you just held the stick up the entire time it was a guaranteed make...

I don't know very much about developing / coding video games, but I would assume this should be fixable in a future patch. The hook just needs the same up-and-down traveling violation that you can perform with regular jump shots.

Although if you play on default difficulty and master a good shooters release (Pierce) you can't miss from 3 anyway .
Old 09-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

this game looks bad
Old 09-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well I cant buy these.....i was going to get it to support the game......i just cant see picking these up......I have never said anything bad about this game but I I I. Just don't know what to say.....they just lost a supporter .......
Old 09-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #29
Rookie

@oasher........thats nice to know but that game is gone we talking about 2011 basketball 2009 season is two games behind noone cares......
Old 09-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 13

Obviously poor design like this has serious implications to online play. It has to be addressed or it will kill the game online, which in theory should be a strong mode for this game.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #31
Rookie

OMG!!!
i'm speechless,watching stuff like this can make me go crazy,
and i don't care if a patch can fix this.
it's just wrong to realese a game like this, even if its just a demo.
how the designers could miss such a thing?? making hookshots from behind 3pt line is just ridiculous.
the boozer ft dunk should have been adress few month ago, they can't just say "whoops,don't worry we will fix it,and if we won't make it on time we will adress it in a patch".
i can't wait to hear what ea have to say about the hookshots!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
NBA 2k9 had a similar glitch which was never fixed (up and under from 3 point range).
I knew I remembered that glitch from somewhere..It was a little harder to do though.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »