Home

NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Online

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Online within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #49
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8
Secondly, I'm noticing a lot in photo shots as well as dev videos, it seems as if the 360 is getting all the pre game build exposure rather than the PS3, any insights on this?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #50
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Onl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Of course I was. 2-3 years dev time would be absolutely huge for a b-ball game. Thats similar to what games like Uncharted and Gears get. To hear that they spent most of that in limbo is an enormous buzzkill.
Well if you were expecting 2-3 years of dev time then okay, that's understandable.. I've been on these forums for years now and one thing I've learned is to never get my hopes up.

It's okay to have expectations but to save your sanity its better to take a wait and see approach especially this early in the game lol! That way you can be excited about something concrete.

Ehh I know you weren't asking for advice or viewpoint but hey that's something I used to cope with both EA and 2K. Keeps things even for me at least..
Old 04-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #51
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 13 Features Full ESPN Branding, Focusing on Gameplay, Presentation & Onl

All the hype i had for this game is deflated after this article..
They have to show some impressive game-play, and by impressive i mean solid fundamental basketball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #52
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

LOL, if you think the game was underdevelopment 2-3 years. The first people involved with live 13 were put together Jan 2011 4 in total, they then spent months dissecting NBA Elite and previously Live games you have to remember this is a completely new team to creating a basketball game, EA at most only had a year and a half of trying to put something together to compete with 2k which already has a solid core to build upon. I would love NBA Live to come out with something solid but you also have to live in reality and now the facts.

Last edited by coolcras7; 04-28-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #53
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I guess since everyone else is ripping EA a new one after their article. I'd like to give my thoughts on what I read.

Spending two years, salvaging pieces of Elite 11, was a bad decision! It was a bad game overall. Why not just salvage and build off NBA Live 10, in which for the most part, and excellent Live game.

We hated the controls as a whole of Elite 11, I thought they got the menu...why build off that crap!

Three years or 2.5 years should have been building off Live 10 and moving forward in the visuals, animations, and modes.

Sadly enough as a fan of the series, I welcome them back, but if it falls short...I will say EA won't get my money anymore.

Also they need to bring some news on NCAA BB Series too, one thing that kept Live in perspective and also held people's interest was it's College Counterpart, the same as Madden and NCAA...They live and breathe together!

Also chipping away Mark Jackson and not replacing him with a third commentator was a big mistake. 3-Man commentary is the new thing, that should have been kept! It's a part of NBA Basketball and let's hope we finally get some sideline commentary.

Commentary can be done in a 4 month cycle, they have plenty of time to revamp that before Octobers release....Let's hope they are listening.

Overall I can't wait for the series to return and can't wait to get some in game images.

Welcome back Live series!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #54
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11

I believe NBA Live 13 will be a solid game this year but it won't be able to compete with NBA 2K13 sales wise considering this is their 1st year back. In 2013 the real competition should begin with the 2014 titles of both games.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #55
Pro

AnnihilusLivius's Arena

OVR: 7

I never thought I would say this... but 2k made me do this. Let's go EA ! I'm pumped for this one. I hope they learned from their mistakes regarding NBA Delete 11. And yessir for Mike Breen!

Bang!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #56
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

What's good family ? Hey listen the writer of the Article Owen Good called into the show last night and had some additional insights.

I would love to know what you guys think after hearing some additional background on it. Feel the Same worse or still pissed LOL

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/daczar/...ayoffs-edition

We talked madden first so you may have to fast forward if your only interested in the discussion on the article.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »