Home

Will NBA Live 13 come out at all?

This is a discussion on Will NBA Live 13 come out at all? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Will NBA Live 13 come out at all?

Doesn't nba mandate the day of release?

I could be thinking wrong on that, but if they don't release October, then I would think that the 1/1/13 date is just a placeholder, and they wouldn't release until next October. (2013)
Old 07-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Add some discussion to the thread and stop it the petty empty posts
Considering yall just get your feelings hurt when anyone says they don't like 2K it's hard to have "discussion."
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #75
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
This is basically what I want to know. What are people looking for in a bball game? You are not going to find a game that has basketball down completely, there's going to be flaws. I wanna see certain things improved, but in no way are they game killers. Passing in 2K, in no way is as bad as some people make it out to be though it should be marked as a primary area of improvement going into development. Rebounding? I have no problem with the rebounding in 2K. However if you're longing for the return of Live because of 2K's rebounding then something is wrong here. Live's rebounding is horrid. For one thing players tend to lean out on the ground as if they're about to Superman takeoff before awkwardly jumping for a board that they don't come close to getting or someone else takes from them. Fouls are still rarely called in Live, guys still move guys out of the way with no whistles on layups/drives to the basket, you can't play passing lanes in Live because you can't steal a pass in mid air or bounced.

Truth be told, Live 10 was really a garbage game in terms of basketball titles, however the bar had been so spectacularly lowered with every other Live before it this generation that the small improvements that were made to take the game in the right direction has made the title overhyped.
Live 10 =/= Live 13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #76
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't know if it's coming out or not! Because we are two months away and we've yet to see anything about the game. This has been the worst PR job I've seen in the past.

No early gameplay videos, updated screens that are in game instead of photoshop close ups.

I just reserved the Dynasty Edition of the other game, and they had no reservation for a Live 13.

Where is the news with the cover athlete, gameplay modes, anything.

2 months 2 weeks away! And absolutely nothing during nor since E3. This isn't sounding too confident about their product.

Madden and NCAA flooding the market 5 months in advance and NCAA has sold a lot,

Madden been showing gameplay for over 4 months now, and with our feed back have fixed a lot of things before it's released. And even showed the fixed complaints.

Ready for the return of the series, I hope they start showing us something soon!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet either, but inside the case of NCAA 13 there's a thing to order Season Ticket. It lists all the games you get early access to and there's no mention of Live.

I honestly don't think this game is coming out. At best I could see it coming out around the All-Star break, if at all.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #78
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't know how bad a sign this is but if you Google NBA Live 13 the first page of results don't even feature a link to EA Sports.com or the Official NBA Live page. Yet if you google Madden or FIFA or NCAA the very first result is the offical EA homepage for each game.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #79
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

There's EA Sports Open House this week on Wednesday and Thursday, also the Ad Council will return to Tiburon next week so I guess we'll recieve some news soon.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #80
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

Everything you guys are saying really supports the theory that this game is not coming out and the only reason for the delay is due to financial / public company earnings timing issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »