Home

Will NBA Live 13 come out at all?

This is a discussion on Will NBA Live 13 come out at all? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #65
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Will NBA Live 13 come out at all?

I guess you haven't been reading these message boards because there a lot of people who would give their left lugnut for a new NCAA / college hoops game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
People from all over the world (and even a big part of american people) could care less about NCAA, so I don't think that's big enough. They just need GOOD GAMEPLAY. If the gameplay sucks they can add ncaa , olympic teams, espn presentation or wathever they want, but the game will fail again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
Guys, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9KIoOOKhn0

Looks like they may have postponed the game to 1/1/13.
Nice vid, I hope its not true! EA cannot repeat themselves or they are doomed.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #67
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thats fine for you

but dudes coming in here complaing about 2k saying they'll buy Live really have some kind of warped logic according to what I posted above

If you're looking for a bball game void of issues then this is not the game either

This is basically what I want to know. What are people looking for in a bball game? You are not going to find a game that has basketball down completely, there's going to be flaws. I wanna see certain things improved, but in no way are they game killers. Passing in 2K, in no way is as bad as some people make it out to be though it should be marked as a primary area of improvement going into development. Rebounding? I have no problem with the rebounding in 2K. However if you're longing for the return of Live because of 2K's rebounding then something is wrong here. Live's rebounding is horrid. For one thing players tend to lean out on the ground as if they're about to Superman takeoff before awkwardly jumping for a board that they don't come close to getting or someone else takes from them. Fouls are still rarely called in Live, guys still move guys out of the way with no whistles on layups/drives to the basket, you can't play passing lanes in Live because you can't steal a pass in mid air or bounced.

Truth be told, Live 10 was really a garbage game in terms of basketball titles, however the bar had been so spectacularly lowered with every other Live before it this generation that the small improvements that were made to take the game in the right direction has made the title overhyped.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 9

I need proof of that to believe it. I will be dropping by a Gamestop tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
Guys, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9KIoOOKhn0

Looks like they may have postponed the game to 1/1/13.
wow not surprised though, just hope they dont cancel.... they probably should just wait until next gen console
Old 07-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #70
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
This is basically what I want to know. What are people looking for in a bball game? You are not going to find a game that has basketball down completely, there's going to be flaws. I wanna see certain things improved, but in no way are they game killers. Passing in 2K, in no way is as bad as some people make it out to be though it should be marked as a primary area of improvement going into development. Rebounding? I have no problem with the rebounding in 2K. However if you're longing for the return of Live because of 2K's rebounding then something is wrong here. Live's rebounding is horrid. For one thing players tend to lean out on the ground as if they're about to Superman takeoff before awkwardly jumping for a board that they don't come close to getting or someone else takes from them. Fouls are still rarely called in Live, guys still move guys out of the way with no whistles on layups/drives to the basket, you can't play passing lanes in Live because you can't steal a pass in mid air or bounced.

Truth be told, Live 10 was really a garbage game in terms of basketball titles, however the bar had been so spectacularly lowered with every other Live before it this generation that the small improvements that were made to take the game in the right direction has made the title overhyped.
Eh it was a decent game, it had a lot of flaws like every live title on this gen or any basketball game period. I won't say it was complete garbage...it was heading in a positive direction and was a good base product for EA to build off of, but like EA does with so many of there titles they scrape it and start a new 3 year plan that seems to never make it past year 2 before being scrapped again.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack

Oh sweet irony
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #72
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Add some discussion to the thread and stop it the petty empty posts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »