Home

Will NBA Live 13 come out at all?

This is a discussion on Will NBA Live 13 come out at all? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #33
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Will NBA Live 13 come out at all?

No -- sorry for the confusion -- just meant that they release bad news with quarterly earnings call / announcement. The just finished 2nd quarter. So my point is that if they are not going to release this game, we will hear about it in the next month whenever they have the 2nd QUARTER earnings call / announcement. It just happened to be the 3rd quarter last time because of the delay. I don't think they will delay again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championships
After the game comes out?
Old 07-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #34
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc22
EA just finished up their quarter. They should have an earnings announcement / call sometime later this month. If there is going to be bad news, that's when they will likely announce it. Look at when they canceled NBA Elite -- it was early November 2010 during their 3rd quarter earnings call. If they are going to scrap NBA Live 13, that's when we should hear it. If not, then the game should be on track.
NBA Elite 11 was delayed before the game came out around the end of September but you are right the official cancel did come around during the first week of November. I think this game is coming out even if it doesn't meet the expectations of everyone they almost have to release the game. I think the game will look very much like Elite 11 but play slightly better if they learned anything from Elite 11.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #35
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Yeah maybe, but there's a big difference between not all that and anything is better. I'll never understand some of you dudes. 2K most certainly has it's flaws, every game ever made so far and in the future will. However 2K is the closest video game representation of basketball that we have. If you loathe the game or will play anything just because it isn't 2K then I have to seriously question whether you know exactly what basketball is and is all about.
I believe 2K12 has the worst passing and A.I. out of all b-ball games released in the past 4 years. Consequently, I'd have to disagree that 2K12 is the most realistic basketball game.

If Live 13 provides gameplay rooted in the fundamentals of basketball, I'm on board. Polish, smooth animations, etc. are secondary IMO. I'm tired of playing video game basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #36
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I believe 2K12 has the worst passing and A.I. out of all b-ball games released in the past 4 years. Consequently, I'd have to disagree that 2K12 is the most realistic basketball game.

If Live 13 provides gameplay rooted in the fundamentals of basketball, I'm on board. Polish, smooth animations, etc. are secondary IMO. I'm tired of playing video game basketball.
Then might I direct you to the nearest park, gym, backyard or other recreational facility available to you.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #37
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

You know what I mean... having to use video game strategies (e.g. relying on over-powered animations) as opposed to basketball strategies to be successful.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Yeah maybe, but there's a big difference between not all that and anything is better. I'll never understand some of you dudes. 2K most certainly has it's flaws, every game ever made so far and in the future will. However 2K is the closest video game representation of basketball that we have. If you loathe the game or will play anything just because it isn't 2K then I have to seriously question whether you know exactly what basketball is and is all about.
Comments like this are asinine. Like you know so much about basketball and anyone who thinks otherwise is a clown. I know the game and what it's "all about." It's not "all about" boxey looking players with floating uniforms that never touch their actual body. It's not about making a video with an Eminem song so everybody thinks the game is awesome no matter what. I have played it and I don't like it, big deal man it shouldn't hurt your feelings so bad unless you work for 2k. Why even post on a Live forum if 2k is the absolute GOAT of gaming in any industry, any time period, any galaxy, any universe?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #39
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

whatever, 2k didn't have a football title for two years, and still delivered apf2k8 within the regular dev cycle. keep it official and unbiased please. i'd like to see live come back off of the sheer fact it was the first, and i'd like to see nfl 2k come back cause it was innovative. ea brought this on themselves trying to monopolize.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:27 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
This is rather usual for EA to be this hush mouth on there games, normally we would have a ton more info than what he have currently but in that same breath it is still kind of early so I'd give it till about the middle of the month to late this month before we get more info about the game.
EA Sports? I thought they started promoting four months in advance?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »