Home

NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgoDuane
Why is anyone surprised by this game? Look at who is making it. EA sports refuses to acknowledge or understand the idea of Real-Time Physics in sports games. They continue to use canned animations with scripted outcomes. Whatever happened to creating player models from scratch and using physics to create the animations?

Why is this so hard to do? I don't understand why motion capture is still acceptable on a next-gen system, with any sports game. And no one has been able to give me an answer yet. I mean, we saw backbreaker figure out the real-time physics so that no two plays were ever the same. THAT is truly next-gen. But, scripted animations and motion-capture are totally 2005.

While madden on ps4 is an improvement over ps3, it still uses the same canned animation and motion capture. Where is the REAL-TIME PHYSICS? And when will we get these in a sports game?

Also, NBA 2K14 does this same thing. How come some small, independent, EUROPEAN company can figure out real-time physics and create non-scripted outcomes and yet American companies either can't do it or refuse to do it. It doesn't make any sense to me. Is it really that hard?

I know backbreaker was not a great game, but that was mostly due to the camera angle and the inability to change it.

And I'm not saying that basketball games or any sports games should be like that game. All I'm saying is that the technology is clearly there to use real-time physics and non-scripted outcomes. How come no one is using that for next-gen games?
Well Said!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
Rookie

take this time to point that ea sports decided to release this next gen instead of nhl 14 or ncaa 14
Old 11-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #27
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Before EA started all this nonsense with exclusive deals (prior 2005), sports gaming was an amazing genre, with amazing dynamic games. Fun to play with friends or alone.

The use of exclusive deals and other anti-competitive practices are killing the genre.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 15
Glad they at least made a game. Honestly, you have to start somewhere in order to improve. Good luck in the future EA.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #29
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Glad they at least made a game. Honestly, you have to start somewhere in order to improve. Good luck in the future EA.
are you kidding me!! this is straight crap...people always make excuses or give them a pass smh
Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #30
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Imagine EA does what they did in Football and scoops up an exclusive license for the NBA. We would all be doomed.

Exclusive deals and anti-competitive practices.... The loser is always the consumer.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
I played the demo and I think the game is closer to being competitive than most think. Live has some of the same warts that 2K has with souped up cpu-player abilities, dumbed down human-cpu abilities, bad passing, cpu contacts affecting human shots, etc. 2k just does a better job of masking these. This reminds me of about 10 years ago, when Madden had the sizzle but 2K had the fundamentals. I can see Live getting there in two years. If they work on the laggy controls, improve all AI (human and cpu), and loosen up the collision detection and they may have something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Imagine EA does what they did in Football and scoops up an exclusive license for the NBA. We would all be doomed.

Exclusive deals and anti-competitive practices.... The loser is always the consumer.
Yeah, I hate it when people complain that PES 2014 hasn't got the licences of the German or English league like FIFA, and use it to bash PES. What the hell do these people expect Konami to do? EA have a bottomless pit of cash and have exclusive licences with those leagues, which allows them to get away with not having to innovate their game, which has looked the same for at least 4 years now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »