Home

NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #33
dtq
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
3.5 out of 10? lol, not even going to say what I want to say, keep trashing the game if it makes you guys feel better.
As if people don't already know what you and the other EA's apologists have in mind. And speaking of feeling better, we're not the one who purchased Live 14 and are now having buyer's remorse and feel the need to justify the terrible purchase by defending EA's practice at every turns.

People are being harsh on the game because it gives them plenty of reasons to. EA has lied times and again and if you choose to keep your head buried in the sand it will only encourage sub-par (too light of an adjective) games such as our prime example here.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #34
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
3.5 out of 10? lol, not even going to say what I want to say, keep trashing the game if it makes you guys feel better.
The reason for what i highlighted is because youre a "struggle Live apologist".. you dont offer any feedback to the devs about what you like and dislike that would help improve Live (in this forum, correct me if im wrong). This review details about everything liked & disliked.

The best example of a "struggle Live apologist":
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hear-no-evil_see-no-evil_speak-no-evil.jpg (145.4 KB, 125 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 11-25-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #35
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

I'm confused as to how graphics/animations got a 6.5 from Bleacher Report...

Is it because Joakim Noah/Shang Tsung is in the game?

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemoe
I really hope they patch it well enough to make it at the very least "decent"
You realize the ps4/xbox one has only 500 gb right?
Old 11-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

"NBA Live 14's Ultimate Team gives gamers no way to buy or sell specific NBA players; instead, the only means of upgrading your lineup is through luck-of-the-draw player packs, which are earned by completing lengthy tournaments or by spending virtual currency/real money.

Randomized card packs are simply a bad way to build a team, as being forced to grind out a dozen games with Luke Zeller and Fab Melo as your star players is uninteresting at best and tedious at worst. Furthermore, of the three bronze packs I did manage to open, two contained duplicate cards that I had to immediately throw away."

I wonder why you don't remark this also for 2k MyTeam
Old 11-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #38
dtq
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
"NBA Live 14's Ultimate Team gives gamers no way to buy or sell specific NBA players; instead, the only means of upgrading your lineup is through luck-of-the-draw player packs, which are earned by completing lengthy tournaments or by spending virtual currency/real money.

Randomized card packs are simply a bad way to build a team, as being forced to grind out a dozen games with Luke Zeller and Fab Melo as your star players is uninteresting at best and tedious at worst. Furthermore, of the three bronze packs I did manage to open, two contained duplicate cards that I had to immediately throw away."

I wonder why you don't remark this also for 2k MyTeam
You may want to sit down for this...

The person who wrote this review isn't the same person who wrote the 2K review.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The game is terrible, plain and simple. If you like it, that's fine, but just know that you like terrible video games. No one will fault you for that, but don't try and make it seem like people get ANYTHING out of reviewing this game in a biased manner, because that's not what the reviewer did at all
Seriously, there is no shame in liking bad video games.

I really liked Clive Barker's Jericho, even though it got poor to mediocre reviews. I think some of what it did was quite brilliant. I also am not as picky about my COD type shooters. I loved the single player of Medal of Honor Tier One or whatever it was called. And I will probably like the single player of Warfighter and BF3/4, some which also got mediocre reviews. I think I just don't need as much innovation and perfect level design as some more jaded guys to enjoy myself. I also realize I would be a terrible reviewer because I'm not critical enough about these games.

But I'm critical about simulations.

I'm critical about my tactical realism based shooters which they don't make anymore. And I'm critical about my basketball games.

Otherwise, I realize it's probably crap if most people don't like it, but I have no shame admitting I have fun with it.

Now Live, however, falls even below my threshold of kinda fun, kinda crappy, but kinda pretty to be an enjoyable but flawed game.

Last edited by Sundown; 11-25-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
You realize the ps4/xbox one has only 500 gb right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »