Home

How To Fix NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on How To Fix NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #33
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How To Fix NBA Live 14

They should have done what 2k did. Remove modes and ONLY focus on gameplay . Get the game to play nice and be fun before you tell us all the nice features. Great gameplay > More modes
Old 11-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
All pretty realistic improvements that can definitely be implemented in NBA LIVE 15...I am certain they are taking note of this and other lists people are making
Old 11-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

They NEED to concentrate on the BASICs of a basketball game. Gameplay, Ability to Create and Edit Players and Teams and Playing a Career with those Players and Teams. Also SOLID On-line Servers to support On-Line play and Uploads. I know guys want So MANY options but if you Have SOLID On-Line and OFF-Line Game Modes(Association for Both) and Customization you are addressing all Avenues of game. Nail those things 1st and then you BUILD on it.

On a side not I think they should also reach out to guys who are passionate about helping getting LIVE back at the Top. Get some On-Line Players, get some CAP and CAT guys, get some Roster Makers, get some ON-Line Players, Get some Off-Line Players and brainstorm with them.

I have already Tweeted a couple EA guys offering to help out any way I could, I would LOVE to see some of the other guys who are SERIOUS about improving LIVE Tweet them as well. Let them know we WANT them to succeed. And i believe getting back in touch with their Fan Base is a Great way to go about it.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #36
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
They NEED to concentrate on the BASICs of a basketball game. Gameplay, Ability to Create and Edit Players and Teams and Playing a Career with those Players and Teams. Also SOLID On-line Servers to support On-Line play and Uploads. I know guys want So MANY options but if you Have SOLID On-Line and OFF-Line Game Modes(Association for Both) and Customization you are addressing all Avenues of game. Nail those things 1st and then you BUILD on it.

On a side not I think they should also reach out to guys who are passionate about helping getting LIVE back at the Top. Get some On-Line Players, get some CAP and CAT guys, get some Roster Makers, get some ON-Line Players, Get some Off-Line Players and brainstorm with them.

I have already Tweeted a couple EA guys offering to help out any way I could, I would LOVE to see some of the other guys who are SERIOUS about improving LIVE Tweet them as well. Let them know we WANT them to succeed. And i believe getting back in touch with their Fan Base is a Great way to go about it.
Never gonna happen. EA doesnt care about you. They dont want to "reach out" to anyone. They would much rather just "reach in" to your wallet.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
Never gonna happen. EA doesnt care about you. They dont want to "reach out" to anyone. They would much rather just "reach in" to your wallet.
Everyone has their opinion, but with EA losing out on the revenue from NCAA football, they NEED Live to succeed. From all accounts IF they dont make MAJOR changes in LIVE15, no one will consider letting them in their wallet.

You are probably right they will just Ignore what I have said and my Tweets, but you never know. At least I can say I made the effort.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 11-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3
Fix where the above picture is not how the game actually looks is a good start....lol
Old 11-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #39
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

OVR: 0
I could live with quite a few of its current issues IF it handled like even a ps3/360 game. It doesn't. It's stiff and the animations are extremely robotic. There are early PS3/Xbox 360 games that possess far more clean and flowing movements than this game...
Old 11-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #40
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

EA has to do so much to catch up. There one opportunity to get a leg up with a chance of more than 1 dev cycle of time and they blew it. Now they must fix on a year to year basis. It starts with upper management giving adequate resources, time and talent lined up to make a true basketball game. After playing the demo it is clear that they didn't have enough resources, talent or time to get things going in the right direction. They have been adding small elements to what what was elite 11 and tweaking some things to get where there are at 14 which is still far behind. The dribbling looks good but besides that you don't have a very good basketball game. What happened to some resemblance of physics/ignite? What does these games share as far as movement? Why do players in FIFA don't run like players in Live, Madden etc. I am not saying they should be the same but Live movement is just bad.
  • They need a movetech to get the players movement right. Context of animations the animations themselves are just bad overall
  • They need a "John Madden" of basketball to instill some true basketball principles IMO that will put pressure on top management to either get with better basketball or get out the game entirely. Basically an outside real NBA basketball analyst/purist with credentials that will not stand for a half-baked product.
  • Better physics, contact

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »